DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

how to fix a warped record?

DJDBAG 8:50 PM - 23 February, 2013
whats the best way to fix a record thats warped and isnt quite flat anymore?

the oven method?

any products?
Johbremat 2:45 AM - 24 February, 2013
Yet to try it myself, but this looks promising: vinylflat.com

Alternatively, you could try using a weight (at least it helps with mail order wax that's been bowled): www.project-audio.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:49 AM - 24 February, 2013
Back in the real vinyl days you could sometimes set 50 or 75 records on top of it in a stack (bowl side up) or stuff in a tight crate...

Now that everything is digital who has 50 or 100 records handy anymore? (Control vinyl collectors excluded).
Mike_P 3:05 AM - 24 February, 2013
Save your money and get two flat panes of glass. Take your warped record and sandwich it in betwee the two panes. Find a FLAT surface outside and place the sandwich in the sun for a few hours. Works like a charm.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:15 AM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:
Find a FLAT surface outside and place the sandwich in the sun for a few hours. Works like a charm.

Unless he's in Michigan (or upper 1/2 of the Continental US) where it only gets around 35 degrees tops this time of year outside in the sun...

: )

Wonder if the thick glass sandwich trick would work on a clothes dryer or warm oven?
DJDBAG 4:25 AM - 24 February, 2013
yeah ive been reading works in a 175 degree oven for a few minutes
DJ506 6:57 AM - 24 February, 2013
~ I used a hairdryer while the record was on my turntable rotating, no slipmat. :)

Watchwww.youtube.com