DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 Chroma Caps

djkurve 5:12 AM - 21 February, 2013
So just curious to which Chroma Caps would actually fit on my 62. I see on the website (store.djtechtools.com) that there are two different styles, the "Fatty Knob" and the Super Knob". I'm basically looking to replace all the EQ's, gains, master, session in/out, booth, filters, headphones, split cue (for headphones) and effect depth knob.
Musically Minded 1:32 PM - 22 February, 2013
go with the Super knob,

check out my 62 with chroma caps.

picasaweb.google.com
djkurve 7:32 PM - 23 February, 2013
Thanks Musically Minded. BTW is that skin a magnetic one or the sticker?
djkurve 7:38 PM - 23 February, 2013
Is it cheaper to buy a value pack? Which value pack contains all Super Knobs?
DJ Eighty 8 10:42 PM - 24 February, 2013
I just ordered mines and I'll post some pics when they arrive........
djkurve 7:05 AM - 25 February, 2013
Quote:
I just ordered mines and I'll post some pics when they arrive........

Did you order individual knobs or the value pack?
DJ Eighty 8 1:28 AM - 26 February, 2013
I ordered them individually and I spent $46.80 with FREE shipping to replace all of the knobs on my Rane 62.
djkurve 3:36 AM - 26 February, 2013
Quote:
I ordered them individually and I spent $46.80 with FREE shipping to replace all of the knobs on my Rane 62.

Word! What colors did you get?
Musically Minded 1:38 PM - 26 February, 2013
Quote:
Thanks Musically Minded. BTW is that skin a magnetic one or the sticker?

Sticker, thinking about swapping it out for a magnetic one.
DJ Eighty 8 2:19 PM - 2 March, 2013
These made a MAJOR difference for operating and overall ascetics for my 62.

flic.kr
flic.kr
SCRABEATS 1:16 AM - 5 March, 2013
I love the chroma caps. I have on my 57, but they look really good. On a 62. I am getting jealous.
wicked223 1:04 PM - 8 March, 2013
The look horrible don't match at all... Just my opinion.
wicked223 1:06 PM - 8 March, 2013
Tjey
wicked223 1:06 PM - 8 March, 2013
Fuck a tablet for typing
DJ Eighty 8 7:58 PM - 8 March, 2013
What R they supposed 2 match......?
monchi 10:40 PM - 8 March, 2013
I will take function over looks all day, everyday..................
DJ Unique 11:55 PM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
I will take function over looks all day, everyday..................

Chroma Caps changes the look but not the function.
DJ Eighty 8 4:04 PM - 9 March, 2013
They actually change the way I function on the mixer now. I don't gotta look as much as i did before trying to adjust my knobs and they feel better on my finger tips.....
monchi 9:35 PM - 9 March, 2013
^THanks , that is what I meant to state.
DJ Guayo 1:52 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
They actually change the way I function on the mixer now. I don't gotta look as much as i did before trying to adjust my knobs and they feel better on my finger tips.....

I would say that is the main reason i like the chroma caps. you can just glance and 'see' the settings of the knobs (NH). I will post a pic when i get home later today.
DJ Eighty 8 7:07 PM - 12 March, 2013
Not only that you can actually feel the line mark with the tips of your fingers and know were your at or at least put yourself in the ball park.
monchi 4:49 PM - 14 March, 2013
Originally wanted to conserve my Ztrip knobs looking like new, so I swapped out for chroma, but I really like the feel to them,
www.flickr.com
DJ Eighty 8 7:06 PM - 14 March, 2013
Nice........the only one I would have left alone is the cross fader, but if you don't scratch it's not that big of a deal. I wish they would make plain knobs with no line on them, I want some for the scroll and loop knobs.
Eddy Xpress 7:25 PM - 11 July, 2013
Just received my chroma caps definitely agree with eighty8 about not putting it on the crossfader. its too rubbery and grippy for scratching. I also had to cut out a bit of the middle on the fatty knobs to get them lower because they do sit tall on the mixer if you leave them standard. Overall gad i got them because its much easier to see in the dark and the overall feel especially on the filters www.facebook.com
Strakt 8:51 PM - 1 December, 2013
Quote:
Just received my chroma caps definitely agree with eighty8 about not putting it on the crossfader. its too rubbery and grippy for scratching. I also had to cut out a bit of the middle on the fatty knobs to get them lower because they do sit tall on the mixer if you leave them standard. Overall gad i got them because its much easier to see in the dark and the overall feel especially on the filters www.facebook.com

I bought the Glow In The Dark (Plastic) crossfader caps because they're a hard plastic and are totally usable for heavy scratching... my problem is that they sit high on the Rane 62. What did you use to cut yours to fit closer?
Eddy Xpress 9:55 PM - 1 December, 2013
crossfader caps should fit fine, mine didn't need any work. but i used a razor blade to cut the inside of the fattys knobs.
Strakt 9:56 PM - 1 December, 2013
Quote:
crossfader caps should fit fine, mine didn't need any work. but i used a razor blade to cut the inside of the fattys knobs.

For whatever reason... mine sit higher than the stock and cause issues while cutting.