Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Can i sell serato dj licence? cuz i will have 2 soon

DJSNOOPP 10:53 AM - 19 February, 2013
Now i have serato dj with attached video and i ordered pioneer ssx that will be shipped with serato dj. Old controller i will sell and i wish to give away serato dj with him, because i dont need 2 dj licenses. But if i will have only serato dj with sx i wish to leave video with me.

Question:
1. Serato dj license that will be shipped with ssx controller is attached to hardware?
2. Can i sell serato dj that i already have, i mean unmount from account?

Thankuuu!
Bubba Dobson 4:45 AM - 31 May, 2013
I'm also curious about this.. If I buy a license for the Serato DJ software, can I transfer it to another account if I decide to no longer use it?
DJSNOOPP 11:49 AM - 31 May, 2013
Eeeh, seems like we will have 2 licences in one time, you cannot unattach licence from your account)))))
lindsaymar 12:37 PM - 14 October, 2016
I found this on another post. Hope it helps.
--------------------------
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:33 PM - 21 April, 2015
Hi torresx,

If you want to sell the license you'll have to contact support.serato.com with the purchasers serato.com login email and have deactivated all computers the licenses were stored on.

Regards

Matt P
djbill40 3:23 PM - 18 June, 2017
hello, i sell my reloop controler to another person and he want to activate to his laptop.I deactivated all products from all my laptops.How can he activate serato dj to his computer?...with respect dj bill
DJ Tecniq 5:40 PM - 18 June, 2017
Here's some helpful info. If you bought a Serato controller that shipped with Serato DJ for example Pioneer DDJ-SR, SX, SX2 these are more expensive products and don't require a license which is why they are plug & play products so you can either sell these or use them with diff computers w/no hassle of activation. For controllers that only ship with Serato Intro like the entry level Pioneer SB2 will require a license to use with SDJ.
DJ Tecniq 5:45 PM - 18 June, 2017
Quote:
hello, i sell my reloop controler to another person and he want to activate to his laptop.I deactivated all products from all my laptops.How can he activate serato dj to his computer?...with respect dj bill
Which Reloop controller are you selling? And is it plug & play or did it require a license for use? I'll try to help.
djbill40 5:55 PM - 18 June, 2017
hello, reloop beatmix 4....and the other man who take it,he can't avtivate serato dj and says always unvalid code....
DJ Tecniq 5:59 PM - 18 June, 2017
Quote:
hello, reloop beatmix 4....and the other man who take it,he can't avtivate serato dj and says always unvalid code....
I understand. I have googled your product and it is indeed a Serato DJ plug & play device. However the user will need to make sure he has all the correct drivers installed for his operating system. You can link him here under "downloads" is where he can access these files. He should need no code to activate the product as it's a plug & play device. www.reloop.com
DJ Tecniq 6:01 PM - 18 June, 2017
If he still has trouble connecting then you or he should contact support. Hope this resolves your question.
DJ Tecniq 6:04 PM - 18 June, 2017
Correction* My had it is only compatible with Serato Intro. So you need to make sure he has downloaded Serato intro software "not" Serato DJ. In order for him to use the controller with "Serato DJ" he will need a SDJ license to unlock the controller for use with SDJ. Cheers
DJ Tecniq 6:04 PM - 18 June, 2017
Bad*
DJ Tecniq 6:08 PM - 18 June, 2017
For example I have the Pioneer SB2 which is an entry level controller and it is only plug & play with Serato Intro software. In order for me to use it with more advanced software like Serato DJ I had to have a SDJ license which is a paid upgrade which unlocks it for use with SDJ.
djbill40 6:17 PM - 18 June, 2017
the rellop beatmix 4 had sdj license code.....it come with serato dj not serato intro......without license code serato dj play only for trial for some days.To activate to my laptops i do not have problem with code, but to another user with diferent email may be the problem.....
DJ Tecniq 7:28 PM - 18 June, 2017
Incorrect sir the link says the controller comes with 4-Deck Serato DJ "Intro" right out of the box. This does not mean it will work with advanced "Serato DJ" software. The user will have to purchase a Serato DJ license as it only works with "Intro" software.
www.reloop.com
DJ Tecniq 8:33 PM - 18 June, 2017
Unless you mean you already bought a Serato DJ license and want to transfer it to him then you need to contact support.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:19 PM - 18 June, 2017
Hey,

Send us a help request from the link below and we'll sort you out :)

support.serato.com

Cheers.
DJMIXX79 11:07 PM - 18 June, 2017
I thought the Roland DJ 808 was plug and play and came with Serato DJ but from what I can tell.. only had pinch n time and some other plugin. blows.
DJ Tecniq 11:32 PM - 18 June, 2017
Quote:
I thought the Roland DJ 808 was plug and play and came with Serato DJ but from what I can tell.. only had pinch n time and some other plugin. blows.
The Roland 808 is definitely a plug & play device for SDJ. If it's over $1000 or more it should be for something that expensive.
DJMIXX79 11:33 PM - 18 June, 2017
maybe it didn't register correctly because or this damn 2016 MacBook with touch bar.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 2:07 AM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:

The DJ-808 is Serato DJ Enabled. It will activate Serato DJ whenever plugged in. Please open up a help request if you're still having trouble.

support.serato.com

Cheers.
DJKayce 2:40 PM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I understand. I have googled your product and it is indeed a Serato DJ plug & play device. However the user will need to make sure he has all the correct drivers installed for his operating system. You can link him here under "downloads" is where he can access these files. He should need no code to activate the product as it's a plug & play device. www.reloop.com

Reloop beatmix 4 is a serato DJ Intro Plug & Play. Its not Serato DJ plug & play so if the new buyer is trying to use it with serato DJ, it will not work(Repeat, IT WILL NOT WORK). He will need a license code to unlock it. But It will work with serato Intro without a code.
If u bought a code to use it with DJ, u will need to email serato support so they can help u transfer the license to the new buyer.
DJ Tecniq 5:54 PM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
Reloop beatmix 4 is a serato DJ Intro Plug & Play. Its not Serato DJ plug & play so if the new buyer is trying to use it with serato DJ, it will not work(Repeat, IT WILL NOT WORK). He will need a license code to unlock it
I already corrected myself previously in a post however he seems to think it is compatible with Serato DJ out the box but it indeed is only for the "intro" software unless he upgrades it for a SDJ license which in turn I told him to contact support as you did.
nhjxmen 6:37 AM - 19 July, 2017
I need to buy a used license if anyone is still selling
Kilumnati 12:57 AM - 18 February, 2018
anyone else selling one also I need a license also thanks..