Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

intel chips in mac

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ BabeyDrew 5:24 AM - 18 January, 2006
I am changing from PC to mac, and I want to know what people feel about the new macs wit the intel chips in them... I am thinking about just getting the old g4 and call it a day. The new intel macs dont come out till the end of Feb, but i dont want to make a bad purchase.... I really would like to know from a serato moderator whats a good choice!
DJMark 7:10 AM - 18 January, 2006
See this other thread: www.scratchlive.net

Since there's no universal binary and no set information as to when one will be released, you have two choices: buy a G4 if you want it to work well *today*, or wait for more concrete info from Serato on their Universal Binary release.

If what you have right now works "well enough" it would make sense to wait I think.
Dj BSTANG 8:57 AM - 18 January, 2006
I am in the exact same situation. I'm using a PC right now "Toshiba" and I'm switching over to Mac. I was lookin' at the MacPro also because it's faster and runs cooler. I don't think Serato will have a problem with the new chip, but I don't want to be wrong after the fact.....Maybe i'll hold off a few months also since my "Toshiba" has done me right so far.
Rebelguy 3:13 PM - 18 January, 2006
Quote:
Maybe i'll hold off a few months also since my "Toshiba" has done me right so far.

Why do you need to switch then?