Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

midi mapping jogwheels hercules rmx

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
djsince74 2:58 PM - 23 July, 2008
Hi
I usually use SSL with my TTM57SL and CDJ1000s Mk 3 and there is nothing in the world that touches them or comes close for playing out at most gigs. However I do some very small gigs and I would prefer not to take my 'top system'so I have bought a Hercules RMX controller so that I can take a compact setup. It works OK with other softwares, but my package of choice is Serato.
I have started midi mapping it to Serato and it is very easy to do and works fine. BUT I can't see any way to map the jogwheels.

Has anybody any hints or tips that would make this possible - or am I just missing a trick somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Konix 3:21 PM - 23 July, 2008
Can't map the jog wheels, at least not for "scratching" the track. Sorry.
djsince74 3:34 PM - 23 July, 2008
Thanks Konix
I'll stick with my main setup for gigs. Only bought the Hercules yesterday, so I can take it back if I want but I sometimes do music quiz evenings midweek in bars/pubs and the Hercules is OK for that type of setting.

Thanks again
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:17 PM - 23 July, 2008
Konix is right. Unfortunately it is hard to map the jog wheels on all controllers and needs to be done for individual products.
So far the only natively supported units that have midi jog wheels are the Denon HC 4500 and HD 2500 or the CDJ-400.
I'm sure more will come in the future but I don't see the Hercules's jog wheels being mapped anytime soon.
djsince74 12:18 PM - 24 July, 2008
Quote:

I'm sure more will come in the future but I don't see the Hercules's jog wheels being mapped anytime soon.

Hi
I can see why with dedicated controllers for ITCH coming along that they must be the priority in marketing and development terms. Thanks again for very timely response Zach.