Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video mash-up Mix

itchie 9:32 PM - 21 July, 2008
no edits. original videos. 9 cuts 10 minutes. watcha think?
Watchyoutube.com
itchie 7:51 PM - 23 July, 2008
not one comment. should i go back to washing dishes...?
dj vmb 8:44 PM - 23 July, 2008
I loved it man, is that using VSL?
itchie 10:05 PM - 23 July, 2008
thanks. yeah, on a PC/XP.
DJ-Phat-AL 1:44 PM - 24 July, 2008
my dishes need washing...
do you have a resume I can see?
itchie 9:06 PM - 24 July, 2008
Unfortunately it fell in the sink.
eder 8:26 AM - 25 July, 2008
gotta work on your mixing. Sometimes the video is showing with no audio (when the missy track came in).
itchie 9:33 AM - 25 July, 2008
that's what i'm talking about... thanks eder.
eder 10:37 AM - 25 July, 2008
np. I was thankful to the guys who only gave me constructive criticism starting up too. It helps a whole lot more than "nice" or "good job".

The only downfall in the vids you selected for the mix is that most of them don't have any sort of intro longer than 2 counts, so unless you have a quick loop or are hitting the cue points like crazy, you pretty much have to slam it in. Also, don't be afraid to scratch some more with videos.
DJ Sterling 4:08 PM - 28 July, 2008
too funny, thanks for sharing....my 2 cents follows:

-Create a better Intro for your logo, and name......big, bold and clean

-plan out your mix, the start of your mix was confusing

-after Robert Plant, the process was clear...i.e. rock, rock, rock

-work different types of songs in the same tempo.....(you do more of this towards the end) i.e. missy to dep

-work on flow of your mixes (know the difference between Ohhh, and Ohh No)

-do you really want to end a mix with "Loser"........hmmm

-thanks for sharing
itchie 9:11 PM - 28 July, 2008
well, the whole point of it was to play some stuff i don't play out or in the club. i'm a hiphop dj that has to play the same top40 radio shit three nights a week. i was trying something very different ie NOT 8 bar mixes in the same tempo and alll hiphop...(boring) i guess this isn't the place for experimenting... i'll make sure i stick to the "format" :)
dj vmb 4:23 PM - 30 July, 2008
haha! Itchie its ok, don't get butthurt...I'm in the same boat, and do the same thing you do all the time!
marknonsense1 5:15 AM - 12 August, 2008
lol butthurt haha . . . but I would like to see newer rock! I think the songs were cool (all but 4 or 5 of them. . . lol)
Mr.Nice 12:31 AM - 12 September, 2008
I liked it :)

It was refreshing to see a variaty of geners in there and they flowed well into one another.

The visuals of your intro screen need work, I'd reccomend getting in touch with a visual artist for that.

How did you record it?
Funkytownstopsix 10:04 PM - 12 September, 2008
Bump it you got nuts to put it out for folks to see, that says a lot. Good try and to top it off it was not edited. I dare not put one of mine up but after seeing your I have hope to grow some nuts. Keep working at it,,,damn I'm old I knew all of the rock in roll songs and trust me they were old.......
itchie 1:08 AM - 15 September, 2008
that video is ancient now.I've steped my video game up. I'm waiting to buy a mac next week to really put out some mixes. If you have a PC then you know how shitty it is with s-video ( which is the only way to record, no VGA recording options).
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:28 AM - 17 September, 2008
new macbook pros drop any minute

Sept 23 maybe?
Konix 4:42 AM - 17 September, 2008
I heard October 14th... www.itwire.com
Funkytownstopsix 5:34 AM - 17 September, 2008
whats the big deal about new macbook pros..? I might be in the market to buy one soon..Any better than what they got out now.

Itchie how do you record video mix on MacBook I only have PC but could make it Mackbook again if I wanted to.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:38 PM - 17 September, 2008
it just sucks to plop down 2-4 grand and find out that a week later you could have a had a better HD, RAM, or processor for the same price, or less.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:44 PM - 17 September, 2008
Apple has also pledged green-er laptops by the end of the year. Less chemicals and more recyclable, which makes a big difference to our kids and their kids and so on.

[/hippie rant]
itchie 9:29 PM - 18 September, 2008
Quote:

Itchie how do you record video mix on MacBook I only have PC but could make it Mackbook again if I wanted to.

the main differance is the s-video out. pc has a video card with a s-video output that is not hardware acclerated (it also has a hardware accelerated dvi out but you can't record or convert it to s-video). so if your going s-video and load a video into one of the decks it will cause dropped frames on the output screen (hence the freezeing). mac has a video card with dvi out (hardware accelerated) that converts to s-video with an adapter, which i believe does the conversion internally. pretty sure that pc will always freeze going s-video out because of the graphics card, not the operating system or serato.
Funkytownstopsix 5:08 AM - 22 September, 2008
Amazing what I learn in the forums. This is my issue with s-video while playing the videos they are always out of sync. For the longest I thought it was how I was converting until I recorded a mix. Even though it is off while displaying on the screen the recorded playback was in sync. Can anyone explain that….. Or did you Itchie? I see no lost frames so I am stumped. Now on the other hand what you say is true because when I use my HDMI things are synced way much better most times perfect. That bugs me as this was something that was not mentioned after money has been spent on laptops. I did have a little time to do a video kinda like you did let me know what you think. And forgive me for the real bad mess up at the end with the last song but I don’t feel like editing and re-encoding…… I’m lazy like that…. i-20riders2.com
Funkytownstopsix 12:43 PM - 27 October, 2008
Say Itchie I brought a Mac Book Pro and the S-vid was not in sync either. I now know it has to do with the LCD and not my laptops. Like I said it recorderd in sync just didn't play in sync. I have another issue now though I use CDJ 1000's and now on my macbook Pro 2.5ghz 4gRam if I try to slow down the song from the side of the platter it reacts as if I am touching the top of the platter. Any ideas I thought hard and long this weekend and the only thing I can come up with is that my drive is Fat32. Do you think this is my problem.
dj vmb 2:58 PM - 27 October, 2008
There is issues with Fat32 and macbooks. Basically what support told me if you format your harddrive to fat 32 you have more of a chance of the hd failing.
Funkytownstopsix 4:00 PM - 27 October, 2008
Ok I think I better be a little clearer. My external Drive is a Fat 32. Works fine with my pc laptop but not the same on my MBP. So I assume now that I will have to have two diffrent drives for each laptop. Can a PC read a Mac formatted Drive.
nik39 10:44 AM - 29 October, 2008
Quote:
Ok I think I better be a little clearer. My external Drive is a Fat 32. Works fine with my pc laptop but not the same on my MBP. So I assume now that I will have to have two diffrent drives for each laptop. Can a PC read a Mac formatted Drive.

Have a look at:
www.serato.com <- click
DJ-A 3:30 AM - 3 November, 2008
how do you record video with the 57? i tried and it just did audio...
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:01 AM - 3 November, 2008
doesn't happen

yet
marknonsense1 5:09 AM - 3 November, 2008
Quote:
doesn't happen

yet

Yet? damn people expect a lot from serato. . . Shit I still waiting for the update that will wash my car>>>
marknonsense1 5:13 AM - 3 November, 2008
I'm*
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:51 AM - 3 November, 2008
I would like to see that happen, but no expectations...