Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Broadcast for online streaming configuration

DJ Starfall 10:55 AM - 17 February, 2013
Please add this function so i can stream my sets live to Shoutcast radio servers! Very similar to Virtual DJ's Broadcast configuration.
Chinshue 1:35 PM - 19 February, 2013
i would truly love this feature in serato dj. i do online streaming myself. i use to serato to play my music, but i have to route the audio from on laptop to another and use a program called butt to stream the audio content. i could stream from the laptop i am mixing on with butt, but if i do that, you will hear humming in the background, so that is why i have to route the audio out to the line in to another laptop. i hope serato gives it a big consideration.
Shumi 5:58 AM - 22 February, 2013
+1
Steven88 2:37 AM - 23 February, 2013
+1
D@RU5 3:07 AM - 23 February, 2013
This would be a great feature to have.....

That world right out of the box....

D
Chinshue 3:08 AM - 23 February, 2013
i hope serato take heed of this. internet radio is growing.
Chinshue 3:10 AM - 23 February, 2013
traktor and virtual dj already have broadcasting feature
DJ Starfall 12:17 PM - 23 February, 2013
Yeah, just bought my Pioneer DDJ-SX and was very displeased when i saw no broadcasting. So i use virtual dj, despite the light glitches it causes with the DDJ-SX. Sorry Serato, put this feature in and you will have me sold.
DJ GSOUND 2:40 PM - 7 May, 2013
+100
Papa Midnight 11:45 PM - 7 May, 2013
+1
Bonus if you properly send track information (Artist - Title) from the playing deck.
Percivale 9:49 AM - 13 May, 2013
That would be nice!
Batzz music 5:03 AM - 23 May, 2013
I feel like it would complicate the experience for everyone that doesn't do that rather specific function.
Why don't you use for example soundflower to reroute/copy the audio out to a dedicated broadcast program?
Papa Midnight 5:40 AM - 23 May, 2013
Quote:
I feel like it would complicate the experience for everyone that doesn't do that rather specific function.

Hence why, just like every other program we mentioned, it would be an optional setting that you configure yourself. We just ask for the tools to do so.

Quote:
Why don't you use for example soundflower to reroute/copy the audio out to a dedicated broadcast program?

I've been using the Shoutcast DSP for several years to broadcast. That's when I'm not going via line-out to USTREAM.

The difference between these two is when it comes to USTREAM, I'm doing video. I have no expectation of Serato (or any other DJ program for that matter) being able to stream this out under present conditions.

Audio, on the other hand, is a whole different matter. When I am mixing, do you really think I want to sit there and type out every single track artist and name into the DSP for it to appear to listeners? No. I'm also sure they don't want to see it typing out live to them either (this is what happens). I also don't have to worry about noise, extra cables, an extra machine running, etc.

Seriously, why would I want to use another program when both other major DJ DVS/Controller solutions (Traktor and VDJ) both support Shoutcast/Icecast streaming natively?
Kushest 8:17 PM - 8 January, 2014
This topic needs a bump.
We need streaming integration please.
ojgbagg27 5:58 AM - 9 January, 2014
+1
DJ Starfall 8:51 AM - 27 January, 2014
Thanks guys! Hope it happens someday
djtsmooth 1:31 AM - 29 January, 2014
This would be perfect. The thing about traktors broadcast capabilities it can only broadcast via icecast, not shoutcast. Which i guess is more popular in europe. I use butt as well similar to chinshue, having broadcasting capabilities would be so much easier. The only issue would be possible lag i suppose.
Chinshue 1:41 AM - 29 January, 2014
i hope serato brings in broadcasting on 1.6
ojgbagg27 4:44 AM - 29 January, 2014
I am running the RC SDj 1.6.03883 and it's not in yet so lets hope so by the release it is
TOMMYCEE 8:43 PM - 16 October, 2014
+400
DJ Ravien 1:53 AM - 21 October, 2014
I agree, This would be a very valuable addition to Serato, I recently made the transition from Traktor and was shocked to see it wasn't already a feature. Just my two cents.
Lightning 12:57 AM - 8 November, 2014
I'm going to +1 this again because tonight I wish I had it, forgot my thinkpad doesn't have a line input. Also all the D/A/A/D conversion with streaming serato is silly
Sikwidityo 1:31 PM - 10 November, 2014
+1
bump
and 3:45 PM - 21 January, 2015
+1
Just do it already. Serato has it easy.. It's the Apple of the dj software industries. 10000 people have a problem with AMD, and they say "We don't support it". Then the Intel graphics card problems begin to flood their forums and guess what they say.. "We don't support it". Key change possibility? Not really possible because reasons. Want to stream your set? You can't. Heck, some fanboys may even say that adding features will complicate their experience using the program.. Serato logic. Do the stuff man, it's not that hard. You just need good will. Winamp had extremely more features than this software and it was free. We pay for your software when we buy hardware with "Serato" written on it and you are doing so little in return. Please be more considerate about your users serato. And please, for the love of god, stop saying that you don't support broken stuff and fix it. Thank you!
Papa Midnight 9:34 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Winamp had extremely more features than this software and it was free.

Hard stop right there. I like Winamp. I think it is an example of some of the best software ever produced for Audio Playback. However, Winamp was NOT free (thought it currently is right now) during the height of it's development period in the 5.x codebase.

Additionally, Winamp was not responsible for the providing low-latency audio in real-time (unless being used with a Soundcard that provided such functionality). At the most, Winamp might use a DSP plugin, an audio output plugin, a few general plugins, and a visualizer. As an example, in my configuration of Winamp (yes, I still use it), I'm using an old version of iZotope Ozone's DSP (from Winamp 2), QO Lab's PowerFX, a few general plugins (for extended functionality - i.e.: an AudioScrobbler plugin), and MilkDrop 2.

AMD Processors were not officially supported after it was noted that a significant number of users had issues with them (including, but not limited to an exorbitant number of users experiencing dropouts). These reports were noted by Serato users here of being easily reproducible in-house. As a result, they have not supported AMD processors for years (support.serato.com). Those who attempt to use them can do so, but do so at their own risk (just like those who use unsupported operating systems).

You're also only half-correct on the issue of support of Intel Graphics while using Serato Video: that notation is limited to Windows only (support.serato.com).

Don't get me wrong, I would really like this feature, but I can't sit back and watch a spread of misinformation either.
akakak 5:49 PM - 7 July, 2016
Another bump for this. I was thinking about doing a quick stream online, but at the moment I'd have to find a USB hub, connect an external sound card (I have the reason Balance), send the booth output from my MCX8000 to the sound card, and stream the input.

This is all pretty complicated, considering Serato has access to the audio already for recording. It's 2016 - this has got to be a popular idea now?
sentano 6:33 AM - 2 December, 2016
any new if this feture is comeing id love to stream my song titles
Joskov 9:14 PM - 2 January, 2017
This feature would be great. Love the Serato Software. I hate to go to the Virtual DJ / Traktor route only because there is an integrated Broadcast feature there. We already have record so the output of this can be streamed to some output. Also a pretty nice feature is that the track you're playing is displayed on the screen to the people tuned in.

Love the Serato Software, but also love to broadcast radio. Please implement.

Thanks in advance.
charlee1985 4:23 PM - 23 February, 2017
+1 on this. Would deff use it
akakak 4:32 PM - 23 February, 2017
Any comment from Serato?
KING-TUBBY 6:37 PM - 18 March, 2017
+1
DJCake 3:53 PM - 10 April, 2017
Plus 1 as well. Given that, to my ears Serato sounds the best and to my eyes has the best interface of all of them, being able to use it for full streaming services - including transmitting the song tags over shoutcast/icecast - seems like a totally logical next step.
akakak 4:06 PM - 10 April, 2017
No response from Serato on this in over 4 years?
DJ Starfall 3:17 PM - 6 August, 2017
I'm back 4 years later and I still want this function, I use Virtual DJ for online streaming sets until they add an online broadcast option to serato. 2.0 wishlist!
akakak 3:44 PM - 6 August, 2017
Me too
DJCake 10:00 PM - 6 August, 2017
Seriously Serato, please listen to your users.
DJ Starfall 11:08 PM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:

Hi fellow SL DJ :)
DJCake 12:21 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Hi fellow SL DJ :)

Hi Starfall!
sentano 4:52 PM - 25 August, 2017
we want to streeeeeeeaaaaaaammmmmmm
Darkjester 1:40 AM - 8 September, 2017
I currently have to use either MIXXX, LiveDJ or SAMM to stream ala a Online Radio. I love Serato and use Serato when I DJ for the Derby Bouts/Wedding Parties, etc.. I would love to use Serato ala a Shoutcast/Icecast set up if you could.

People have been asking for 4+ years !!!!
akakak 12:18 PM - 12 September, 2017
It would be nice for Serato to at least respond to this thread once, and demonstrate they're actually listening. If not they either don't care, or aren't listening to their users at all.
DJCake 1:29 PM - 12 September, 2017
Quote:
It would be nice for Serato to at least respond to this thread once, and demonstrate they're actually listening. If not they either don't care, or aren't listening to their users at all.

Couldn't agree more. It's almost like they don't want my subscription any more - because it doesn't make sense to keep paying for something I have to kludge and bodge around with 3rd party software, when their competitors already provide users with a solution. When I buy something outright, which is soon, it looks like Traktor or V-DJ
Dee Mahn 11:39 PM - 16 September, 2017
I would love this, eventhough I am beginner DJ
Dee Mahn 11:40 PM - 16 September, 2017
I would love this, even though I am beginner DJ
~CoNoR~ 7:18 PM - 15 October, 2017
I was very frustrated and disapointed after investing in in a DJJ SX2 , only to find i can not stream my gigs with serato without a load of cable spagetti and a 2nd laptop. VERY VERY dispointed. Wish i had read this thread before purchasing pioneer. As i would have bought something else. Look out on Ebay for a new DDJ Sx2 going up for sale.
akakak 7:26 PM - 15 October, 2017
That’s not Pioneer’s fault. It’s Serato’s.
~CoNoR~ 6:54 AM - 16 October, 2017
Well on the nice big box there are the words Pioneer and serato with the aim of providing a one stop DJ solution.

So yeah I expected a complete solution.....silly me
akakak 8:01 AM - 16 October, 2017
It is a complete solution, but no, there isn’t a streaming feature. Which is what this thread is asking for. Pioneer make hardware that integrates fully with Serato, Serato make the software.
~CoNoR~ 9:18 AM - 16 October, 2017
Yes I know. Wish serato would add it. So disappointed.
I guess for some reason they don't want to add it. Since this has been requested for so long.

:(
sinister by design 9:32 PM - 10 January, 2018
Quote:

I am honestly confused as to why we cannot at the very least get current track information into a flat file of some sort. Even if it were just track name and artist. I could at least work with it to get what I wanted. It would be nice to have a developer API of some sort so we could create plug-ins as a community as it seems they are too busy to assist in that area.

I have to agree with akakak, who notes that this thread has no Serato interaction in it for 3 years. I am honestly regretting the purchase of Serato as I figured a "live playlist" was what it sounded like and not a service connected to a single website.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have been looking around for about a week now, so if I am missing something please tell me.
DJCake 1:11 AM - 11 January, 2018
It has been nearly 5 years since this thread opened. I'm not sure they are listening, folks
akakak 6:51 AM - 11 January, 2018
Quote:
It has been nearly 5 years since this thread opened. I'm not sure they are listening, folks

I’m sure someone at Serato has seen this thread. They are actively choosing to ignore it.
djkenny Sb 6:55 AM - 12 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I’m sure someone at Serato has seen this thread. They are actively choosing to ignore it.

also still waitin 4 android serato app, @serato #serato don't care us
Blank_Disk 9:44 AM - 13 January, 2018
for a simple way to bradcast for free for an hour a time you could use mixlr

mixlr.com
Blank_Disk 9:45 AM - 13 January, 2018
for a simple way to broadcast for free for an hour a time you could use mixlr

mixlr.com
Blank_Disk 9:49 AM - 13 January, 2018
WTF its posted 3 times crazy forum hehe
akakak 2:54 PM - 13 January, 2018
There’s lots of solutions. The point is we should be able to do it in one app without hanging cables everywhere.
popnwave 4:11 PM - 15 January, 2018
It helps to be self aware when it comes to these things.

Your wants could be ranked 1000 spots below others and yet you act as though you're being singled out and slighted by the feature not being added.

Most of these threads are like that and it shows how backwards and narcissistic people can be on the internet.

tl;dr give it a rest and try not to insult the devs.
akakak 4:19 PM - 15 January, 2018
I understand prioritisation. I’m not asking this to be out above the other items on the road map. I’m just asking for a “we hear you” response.
Papa Midnight 5:41 PM - 15 January, 2018
Quote:
Most of these threads are like that and it shows how backwards and narcissistic people can be on the internet.

It's really interesting: my last post to this thread is 7 days shy of 3 calendar years ago. Consider that within the scope of this thread presently being 5 years old - and not the first of it's kind to request this feature.

It is possible that the feature may never make it to Serato's roadmap. I think it is fair to say that every user here who has affirmed a desire for such a request has a realistic expectation in that regard. The same can be said for other requests on this forum which are of a similar (or older) age, and have garnered vastly greater amounts of user interest.

A thing that a lot of these threads have in common is a simple lack of response - a common complaint seen in a lot of feature request threads throughout this forum. One can reasonably state that not every thread will garner a response. However, one can also reasonably expect that a 5 year old thread that continues to attract user interest would.

As the above indicates, at this time, all we're asking for is an acknowledgement. The logistics of actually getting it into the application can be figured out later.
popnwave 6:42 PM - 15 January, 2018
As much as you all yearn for affirmation, the amount of time it would take to reply to every suggestion would eat up a lot of time.

And I -like- this suggestion, but when the comments go from constructive or cool ideas to "why doesn't Serato reply?" it's kinda silly. Suggestions are just that, suggestions. Now if this was a proposals group I'd think Serato would be engaging more.
akakak 6:52 PM - 15 January, 2018
You mean a proposals group like a forum labelled “Serato Software Feature Suggestions”?
DJCake 7:33 PM - 15 January, 2018
It's an open forum where people who have paid for the software suggest new features for it based on their own needs, hoping that a few others will +1 it. IT's up to Serato to reply or seek clarification why we want it or whatever - what surprises me is that in 5 years, nobody has stepped in to say - "not enough general interest" or "great idea, it will have to wait though" or, simply "no". They put the forum here and stuck this category in. If it's a conversation of sorts, why no definitive answer?
I fail to see why pointing that out is narcissistic.
Papa Midnight 12:07 AM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
...the amount of time it would take to reply to every suggestion would eat up a lot of time.

I cannot quite explain why, but I am under the strong impression that you did not read my comment. Emphasis added below:

Quote:
A thing that a lot of these threads have in common is a simple lack of response - a common complaint seen in a lot of feature request threads throughout this forum. One can reasonably state that not every thread will garner a response. However, one can also reasonably expect that a 5 year old thread that continues to attract user interest would.

Quote:
...if this was a proposals group I'd think Serato would be engaging more.

Like the forum section named "Feature Suggestions"?

Quote:
As much as you all yearn for affirmation

Please take your self-righteous attitude elsewhere. It's not needed here. You talk about comments going from "constructive" to "silly", and yet bring this to the table? There's an old adage about pots and kettles...
popnwave 3:30 AM - 16 January, 2018
Guys, suggestions are NOT proposals end of story.

But let the cluelessness continue. Papa Midnight I was referring to the thread in general, but go on beating the drum since you seem to like it ;)
akakak 7:10 AM - 16 January, 2018
I propose Serato include online streaming as a feature.
DJCake 8:52 AM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
I propose Serato include online streaming as a feature.

I second that
sentano 10:31 PM - 24 January, 2018
I propose Serato include online streaming as a feature
DJ Starfall 11:50 PM - 15 September, 2018
Still waiting xD
TheProfessa 7:40 PM - 26 November, 2018
+1 . this would be so cool for brand development and to reach new audiences. I am in favor of this one for sure. Also it appears that FaceBook which also owns Instagram and YouTube are reaching or have reached agreements to allow this without blocking: techcrunch.com

So there is hope on the social media side :)
akakak 1:12 AM - 22 September, 2020
How do we still not have this? Especially when we’re all trapped at home.
popnwave 2:34 PM - 22 September, 2020
Is this about shoutcast still?
akakak 2:37 PM - 22 September, 2020
Yes, but other services too.
popnwave 6:05 PM - 22 September, 2020
The beta has the first step into those features.
akakak 6:13 PM - 22 September, 2020
What kind of first step? I didn’t get invited to this beta.