Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

assign serato video to channels 3 and 4

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djbernny 10:34 PM - 12 February, 2013
Hi, is there a way to assign serato video to channels 3 and 4 since i will be using channels 1 and 2 for my vinyl turntables and when i use serato it will be exclusively for video files. serato video default is channels 1 and 2, thanxs!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:05 AM - 13 February, 2013
Hey Djbernny,

Thanks for getting in touch,

SERATO VIDEO is only supported on Decks 1 and 2.
Unfortunately you cannot change this setting.

This maybe an option we look at implementing in a update further down the track, but at this stage I dont have any further information.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks.
Shumi 10:11 PM - 13 February, 2013
Quote:
This maybe an option we look at implementing in a update further down the track

+1
djbernny 1:27 AM - 14 February, 2013
found a "fix" for this. if you select the 4 deck mask, then press "dual deck" button, you can use the channels 1 and 2 for turntables and channels 3 and 4 will be playing video. posting this so if anyone else comes up with the same issue they can still work with vinyl and video.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:30 AM - 14 February, 2013
Hey DJbernny,

Quote:
found a "fix" for this. if you select the 4 deck mask, then press "dual deck" button, you can use the channels 1 and 2 for turntables and channels 3 and 4 will be playing video. posting this so if anyone else comes up with the same issue they can still work with vinyl and video.

Thanks for that information. The only issue here is Channels 1 and 2 faders will be controlling the video output window display and channels 3 / 4 will be controlling the audio signal for those videos.

When you go to mix external turntables on channels 1 / 2 you will be controlling a video output window that does not relate to the music you are playing.

Thanks.
djbernny 6:09 AM - 14 February, 2013
very correct sir, video file not related to the vinyl, but still video, :) maybe a vj style animation, the point is not leaving your screens in black.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:07 PM - 14 February, 2013
Hey DJbernny,

Quote:
very correct sir, video file not related to the vinyl, but still video, :) maybe a vj style animation, the point is not leaving your screens in black.

Thats a good idea!
Animations of some kind could work, if you could match BPMS / transients so effects were happening in time with the external inputs.
10:00 PM, 28 Feb 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.