Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

1/4 cable stuck in Mic 1

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Asu 6:59 AM - 27 January, 2013
Today while trying to remove a 1/4 cable from the SX on CH 3 after a gig, I realized its stuck...I've seen this problem on the pioneer forum so im not the first.any ideas on how to get it out without breaking the unit will be useful otherwise this is very inconvenient...I've left the cable in there...
Asu 7:10 AM - 27 January, 2013
Forgot to mention I usually use an XLR cable but it wasn't with me today :-(
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:44 PM - 31 January, 2013
Hi Asu

Sorry man, I've got no idea about this one. I've tested all our units here and can't get it to stick, it sounds like your connection is a little tight. Definitely hit up the Pioneer guys on this, I'm sure they'll have some ideas.

Cheers
dj-freestyle 8:56 PM - 31 January, 2013
This has happened to a few people and one guy twice. call pioneer.
Asu 3:20 AM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
This has happened to a few people and one guy twice. call pioneer.

Yeah gonna call Pioneer 2moro. when i noticed the cable stuck,i was like oh man...not me too...i then remembered that guy who had the same issue twice...so i left it alone cause that other guy broke the socket trying too hard.but the other 1/4 cable on mic 2 comes out easily...

ill keep using XLR on mic one when they fix it...otherwise everything was going perfectly :-(

and if i remember correctly,i think it's a stereo 1/4 cable...the upper notch could be the problem for the SX.