Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Midi map Denon Mc2000 to own preferences.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Denon DJ MC2000
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Nour 12:07 AM - 25 January, 2013
Is it posible to map the controller to a way that suits you? Because i can only press the midi button in the software when i connect a third party midi controller. And its no problem mapping to to the third party controller.

And the master gain and gains for each channel does not react visible when i turn those nobs. The audio reacts but not the nobs in the software.

Thanks in advance
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:19 PM - 29 January, 2013
Hi Nour

I'm afraid that the MC2000 is a native controller and as such is hard-mapped. This means that you can't re-assign any of the controls.

With regard to the gains. The software gains (channel and master) are pre-hardware. What this means is that they control the levels that are sent from the software to the hardware. The knobs on your MC2000 are then another level of control which determine the final output to the sound system and/or headphones. Most controllers are designed this way to give you maximum control over your gain structure so you can tweak it for any situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers
Nour 12:22 AM - 1 February, 2013
OK thank you for your help Aaron!

One more thing. Is there any way i can map or assign a loop roll. The only way i manage to do that is by mapping one beat length at the time on a midi controller. And thats fine. But the loop stays activated. So i have to push it twice to stop the loop roll. Is there any way i can set a loop roll just like the lopp roll button on my Denon HC1000S, where you just punch it in?
Nour 1:35 AM - 1 February, 2013
well thats life, cant have everything :-) Anyway thank you so much for you're help Aaron. You're help is well appreciated buddy.
vestaxxer 8:21 AM - 15 February, 2013
Quote:
Loop roll is essentially a hardware feature

Hellaw,

If its so, why can i map it in my Scratch Live Software,

Puuh
Veejay Dullah 12:39 PM - 3 April, 2013
How do I use my iPad for video effects with serato DJ + video.
2:09 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.