Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

(PC users) Green blocks on video output SOLVED

DouggyFresh 3:28 AM - 19 January, 2013
I had started participating in a few threads a while back, to deal with Serato Video performance problems. LAV filters "seemed" to be the solution, but I had green bars. Quicktime only was very choppy. Went to K-lite, got the performance the same as LAV, but still had green bars.

After mashing back through the various video help threads, I found *one* setting that solved the problem with green bars on the edges after the size of a video goes smaller than the previous (1280x720 -> 640x360, 640x480->640x360, etc)... The original video would be the in size (as a green box), the new video would be overlayed on top of it as the video with a green L-shaped border.

The solution was to go into Setup / Plugins / Video / Info - Color Handling and set it to RGB only. I undid all the FFDshow settings someone had mentioned to try, it still worked. Switched it back to default or Software Only, and I got the green bars again. Switched it back to RGB, green bars went away immediately.

Hopefully this will help other frustrated PC users who have the video not working right.

Thanks
DouggyFresh 12:33 AM - 20 January, 2013
Ran all night with no problems, no green bars anymore. Video was perfect, ran high quality @ 60 fps.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:49 AM - 20 January, 2013
Thanks will give this a try and report back.
RnBDJkb 7:17 PM - 23 January, 2013
Thanks for sharing this info.
Just Frank 8:30 PM - 4 April, 2013
This works great by the way. I know this is an old thread but I'm sure other people are having these problems.

I recommend this RGB setting talked about above, Lav filters, and add registry to use directshow since I don't think windows will use direct show unless you tell it to.

The thread that talks about the codec and initial settings is here: serato.com

Start reading at - Dj ListenDat 6:03 PM - 1 November, 2012
DouggyFresh 9:24 AM - 11 April, 2013
Quote:
Ok after using RGB ONLY I'm getting some videos that are not centered but no more green bars.

Anyone else getting off-centere videos?? Any fixxes?

I still get off centered videos myself, does the 720p youtube trick re-center them?
Just Frank 3:48 AM - 13 April, 2013
I actually found a better fix. Use Matroska and FFDSHOW instead of LAV and in Ffdshow settings click "resize and aspect" and then click "resize to screen resolution". This will make all the videos bigger than their aspect and you don't have anything to worry about. Currently have desktop screen at 1920x1080 running 80fps.

Now finally works perfectly after almost a year. Also have RGB only set in info too if that makes any difference.
DJ Sound Technique 7:13 PM - 8 September, 2020
There are reports of this back to 2011 and it is STILL not fixed in 2020.... LAV with RGB only turned on is the best but as mentioned above, but off-centered videos is the result unless you "reset" the deck by playing a 720p or 1080p video until is messed up again. Garbage..... It is a YUV color handling problem and 640x360 videos seem to kick it off the most.
FIS0 3:34 PM - 13 April, 2021
Switched to RGB, installed FFDshow. Windows 10. Did nothing else. This fixed the white flashing in Serato 2.4 & 2.5 April 12, 2021 release. Buffering at 1G and Best performance.