Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

We Request The Bridge

Mallo 3:48 PM - 11 January, 2013
Lets have a vote on why we need The Bridge on Serato DJ, the people rule over this forum against the programmer. GUY every vote counts let's go, one thing keep it positive pls
XRM5 10:07 PM - 11 January, 2013
Bunch of other requests for this here & in the Bridge section, none with any real reply from Serato.

+1
Mallo 12:10 AM - 12 January, 2013
Serato sent me a message say if there's a high volume of request we'll look into the update. Read the message they send in one of my thread. This is why I started this new thread
ct-zero 1:40 AM - 13 January, 2013
most definitely a +1 for this
djallstyle 1:49 AM - 13 January, 2013
I need that Bridge outcha!!!!! Real Talk!!
Phillipe Crouton 1:38 PM - 13 January, 2013
Yes, this bridge would be the best!
Preferably with audio and midi support.
Dave The One 5:13 PM - 13 January, 2013
+1
djallstyle 8:56 PM - 13 January, 2013
+1 again! Let's Go!
controversial 2:57 PM - 14 January, 2013
bring the bridge... I just don't get how this keeps being pushed back having 0 priority in up and coming updates.
admiraljonesy 6:13 PM - 14 January, 2013
serato.com

I'd really like it if you guys/girls went to this Bridge post and put a +1. It's the 2nd most messaged post (as of this post) in Serato DJ Feature Suggestions, and I hope that gives The Bridge some very, VERY minor leverage.

I come back every now and then to check on it just incase, but I have switched to Traktor for now until The Bridge comes out for ITCH/DJ. 2 years was far too long to wait and stay with Serato.
DjGEeezy 11:50 PM - 14 January, 2013
+1 and then some, was lured by the promise of my rig working together a few years and controllers ago. At this point, Thinking of selling my sx and heading over to Tractor side of things...
adamo 5:08 PM - 21 January, 2013
I've had a look into traktor, even bought a kontrol F1 as a way to bring samples into my set's, with the release of serato dj however I'm reconsidering... It would be they logical progression from my old vci300 and itch, I have to say I prefer Serato it feels much more authentic than traktor, and the izotope effects rock, congrats!

I have been waiting for almost 2 years for the BRIDGE to be available for ITCH I had hoped that the new long awaited pro dj platform would include this feature but yet again going to have to wait so thanks to Jaime W's advice here I am making the plea again...
I use ableton to produce music and serato to mix I would like the BRIDGE to sinc the two,

This would allow me to:

Do some tune live in the middle of a dj set
PLAY live with musicians (loop what they're doing, use ableton's effects, use ableton's instruments, rhythms, drums, synths LIVE whilst djing)
Mix loops into the set
Record and perfect my sets in ableton
Mix out of a live set and keep the continuos flow to the music from live to dj session.

Are these enough reasons or shall I go on... I believe there's enough demand out there to work on the feature - I am seriously concerned about the future of the bridge, I've heard out there that ableton are going to discontinue support, this is a crying shame for such a marvelous little program that would allow two great music platforms to work harmoniously... surely its not that hard, its just a midi clock interface, right?
adamo 5:12 PM - 21 January, 2013
I would like to reiterate that there are a number of people in this post who said they either have changed to traktor or are seriously considering that, as I have... This is IMPORTANT serato, come on guys you're loosing customers, no business can accept that, real people out there saying they would prefer to use serato but are on traktor platforms UNTIL the bridge comes out for dj... god knows how many people are out there who feel the same and haven't been bothered to write... I keep hoping that there is a solution to this one guy said 2 years is too long to wait... I'll give you a bit more time I think serato is worth it, please don't let us down!!!
Silent Disco King 12:27 AM - 26 January, 2013
+1 - do it!
Mallo 7:06 PM - 26 January, 2013
I think they (Serato) are playing us, why because in one for my discussion about "The left deck don't scratch" a Rep post a message saying "if we get enough request for The Bridge, we'll look into the change" soon after I made the new discussion about "We request The Bridge" why they (serato) delete the reply from that discussion??. Someone is playing us or they are working on the update, I have faith they are working on the update. Am a young up coming producer/VJ who dream for playing my own music Live on a DJ set with visual. Ableton made my dreams came through, I know you guys feel the same way. I just wanna continue making beats and remixing them on the fly with top hits; making music sound different, not like the radio dj's you know. This is very important for us; "We Request The Bridge", this is my life. Guys let's hear your story why this is so important to you
Thank You
controversial 8:00 PM - 26 January, 2013
+1
Dave The One 10:16 PM - 27 January, 2013
My reason for wanting the bridge is the mixtape feature. Other than that I could care less about further Ableton live integration. If serato had it's own mixtape feature I wouldn't need the bridge. What can be done right now with Serato DJ and a controller like TwItch and the DDJ-SX and the upcoming NS7II is quite amazing. Further refinement of my mixes is what I'm after which is why I'm so interested in Mpc Dj because that is the core of what it's about, Hardware and Software for live and studio use.

Right now this is what I want the Bridge for, but it is a bit expensive just for this feature.
When the MPC DJ is realesed; it's goodbye Serato for me; they have been ignoring this feature request far too long. Once I can easily refine my mixes in a DAW type environment easily I have no need for Serato.
dj dynamo 9:43 PM - 28 January, 2013
We really need the bridge, especially since we were told it was coming to Itch and now our Itch controllers will be using DJ. Let's get this done!!
mikipedia 5:37 AM - 29 January, 2013
+1
admiraljonesy 6:26 AM - 29 January, 2013
Quote:
Guys let's hear your story why this is so important to you.

Alright. Now, I'm in the mood to write one.

NAMM '13 has come and gone and not hearing a peep about The Bridge for ITCH since NAMM '10, while the NS7 II has been announced, is peaking the amount of "How pissed off I can get" to the levels experienced when Serato DJ was first announced and I felt that The Bridge was just swept under the rug (That night was the first time I ever felt like I needed to be away from friends from sheer anger and just walked the night for about 4 hours).

Anyways, why I want the Bridge is because I bought an NS7, and why I bought my NS7 with Serato ITCH was because of two reasons:

1 The Bridge, when Serato announced it would be coming. My reasons are here serato.com but I’ll add that I love Ableton.

2 My grandma passed away and gave each of the youngest generations (I was 20 at the time) $1000 CDN for something special. Yes, I understand anyone who wants to say “Why would you want to remember your passed grandmother with DJ equipment?” There are a few smaller reasons:

-I honestly thought that I could take something like this and make a career on it, with The Bridge adding a unique live element. I was big into Mix Master Mike and RJD2 performances back then.

-It was one, solid unit. I just couldn’t justify buying several different pieces of a DJ setup and breaking down the importance of Grandma’s last gift. My plan for when it gets too outdated is to get it trophy’d and wall mounted with a nice reminder notice.

-I had guitars and other instruments in my life. Getting an instrument to remember her wasn't right at the time.

-My house on campus is “the” party house (4 friends, same program, one house = party house for that program) and I can’t dance, drink or socialize worth a damn and I usually hate other people’s music, ergo, I have a blast at parties DJ-ing and working on my craft that way, but meh gear and computer speakers only went so far.

But past all that, there was one big reason why I felt this product was right, but you’ve gotta bear with me on this one. When my Grandma died, I never got to talk to her around her deathbed. She was elusive with what was taking her over months and because she was passing during my final exams of first year, my parents thought not to tell me that she was dying until the last days of exams for the sake of my grades.

She passed away on the date of my last exam. I was lucky enough to see her that night, but she was on too much morphine and other stuff to actually hear me (or so I believe). The last time I actually talked to her was a cellphone call that interrupted me playing around with an ION Discover DJ (yeah, I know). She called me and even though at the time I didn’t know she was terminal, there was a lot of significance to that call and I got out a really unexpectedly profound “I Love You” I was able to give her as the last words I ever said to her. After that, it was back to DJ-ing with the ION, a part of that story I just can’t forget. The fact that DJ-ing was there just stuck some importance on me when I bought my NS7, and I used to remember this every now and then when I hauled the NS7 about.

Three years later, my NS7 is waiting in the basement and the APC 40 I bought in waiting for The Bridge is only used for sound design now. I’m running Traktor on the Novation Twitch I bought for mobility, but I now have to use it exclusively because I’m just so frustrated with the idea that the product I bought, hoping it would be eventually perfect, is tarnished by three years of limbo.

All it needs to be perfect (and for me to be fine) is for The Bridge to be released on ITCH or Serato DJ, but as it stands now, if this continues, I don’t ever want make a display out of it. I’d rather just sell it for the $500 CDN its worth now and buy a watch or a painting and try to just forget all this anger.

That’s why I’m passionate about this and it’s why I’m monitoring these threads and complaining on twitter (@admiraljonesy), even though.
Futuretek 3:02 PM - 1 February, 2013
+1 on anting the bridge
Futuretek 3:02 PM - 1 February, 2013
*wanting ;)
borisdekloris 8:03 PM - 3 February, 2013
+1
thoodee 9:35 PM - 5 February, 2013
+1
Pumu90 2:55 PM - 6 February, 2013
+1 c'mon give it to us.

The Bridge is a killerfeature and a USP! Don't let the NI guys get your place
djnico 7:58 AM - 9 February, 2013
+1
joachimj 9:05 PM - 10 February, 2013
+1
djallstyle 12:15 AM - 11 February, 2013
+1
EnAir 12:43 AM - 17 February, 2013
+1
Bozo 1:56 AM - 17 February, 2013
+1
for mixtape (minimix ect...).
to play live with musicians/producer.
make Ableton live more intuitive and flexible for live and serato even better.
integrate my two favorite soft on my workflow
KABZ 6:00 AM - 17 February, 2013
+1!

This feature is a must have... it was a main reason i bought the DDJ_SX... WHy would BRIDGE not be available to use on the Rolls ROyce of DJ Controllers??? WHy make it so DJ's cant record internally in the most ideal enviroment? i'm flabbergasted that its not a feature and thats the sole reason i am posting on the forum tonight... PLS fix this ASAP. If Bridge were available i see no rival to my dj setup. (MacBook Pro, DDJ-SX, + 2 8" Yamaha HSM 8's)
XRM5 1:36 PM - 17 February, 2013
I'm sure somebody already mentioned this in the years we've been talking the Bridge to death, but it was recently brought to my attention that one of the key developers behind it (Nathan) is long gone. I knew he was the main man for video, but I had forgotten about his role with the Bridge.
controversial 3:59 PM - 17 February, 2013
they need to bring Nathan back seems like he had his head and heart in the right place!
AxelGiqueaux 2:08 PM - 19 February, 2013
+1
psylion 8:29 PM - 19 February, 2013
+1
I'm using Ableton for 2 years now, and I really want to go further with the bridge
DJ I.O 5:17 AM - 21 February, 2013
+1 I have an apc40 and DDJ SX. The Bridge would be like heaven for my setup
reyestm 12:40 PM - 27 February, 2013
The Bridge Please
TheGreek 5:52 AM - 28 February, 2013
Do they really think people wouldnt want this? +1
Down 10:16 PM - 28 February, 2013
+1
DJPhillyB 2:54 AM - 4 March, 2013
+1 Bridge would be nice with Serato DJ
reyestm 7:33 PM - 4 March, 2013
+1
B. B. Tschack 3:12 AM - 11 March, 2013
+1
Yes Yes and Yes please!
David Flores 6:02 PM - 12 March, 2013
Hello everyone out there. I will have to agree with everyone in this forum. We need the Bridge, but I have a theory about something, I could be wrong, but here it goes. Why is it that all of a sudden Serato dropped support on Itch and introduced DJ. I think since the hype for the Bridge for Itch was huge, and now DJ is growing, Serato decided to switch software to either buy them time or never to have it for DJ. Even though I love DJ, has a few bugs, but overall it is a good program. I hope my theory is wrong, what does everyone else think?
phatbob 9:03 PM - 12 March, 2013
Quote:
the hype for the Bridge for Itch was huge

It really, really wasn't, I'm afraid.
djallstyle 4:38 AM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I know I was hyped & still hyped for bridge. I hope serato keeps their word or....... Traktor will be in the near future. I produce as well. Bridge is the perfect Dj/producer piece. I love Ableton as well... Lets see
Papa Midnight 3:18 PM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that it will never happen.
BDT 12:36 PM - 15 March, 2013
+1

Now with Live 9, make it happen. Want it with a DDJ SX and launchpad
Frank Spinatra 1:10 AM - 16 March, 2013
+1. For many reasons.

I'll admit, the features of Traktor are alluring. But as former Final Scratch user... Don't err want to go back.

The bridge would be even more useful than Sync for many of us!
Mallo 5:04 PM - 16 March, 2013
Guys please keep a positive over view, that's the only way things are gonna get none. Serato will bring the Bridge for us, but we have to stand together. Thanks to all who feel this so far.
Papa Midnight 5:46 PM - 16 March, 2013
Quote:
Guys please keep a positive over view, that's the only way things are gonna get none. Serato will bring the Bridge for us, but we have to stand together. Thanks to all who feel this so far.

...see the thread relating to this in the forum ITCH and you will understand phatbob's pessimism along with my own.
flocked 3:49 AM - 17 March, 2013
+1
Tiqone 9:07 AM - 17 April, 2013
+1
DjGEeezy 5:24 PM - 17 April, 2013
I agree

Lets face it, we kinda got worked by the ole bait & switch a few years back, and i believe that there is no communication regarding bridge for a reason. If your working on it you let people know, maybe not a date but you wouldnt remain silent when people are asking for it; albeit a small minority of users. Many either dont know about it or dont care. Honestly, Id settle for some type of midi timecoding at this point...
ianmullan 1:13 PM - 23 April, 2013
+1 The Bridge and Serato DJ would be the ultimate setup for me.
museoa 5:57 PM - 23 April, 2013
+1 - if serato dj needs the bridge.
DVJ a.P 4:22 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1 bridge for serato dj please.
Dave Ti 4:19 AM - 3 May, 2013
Definitely need the Bridge...no question!!!!!
thePhantom 8:20 AM - 4 May, 2013
I've just bought a DDJ SX and can't believe that the bridge isn't available for Serato DJ users.

I've got an APC 20 and Maschine mk2 - being able to use both in live sets alongside a DDJSX would be brilliant - what's worse is that bridge exists for scratch ... so come one Serato ... bring it over to Serato DJ
Dave Ti 11:58 PM - 4 May, 2013
same...I have apc40, mpd 18 (+ some midi keyboards)....It's so close to having THE set up it's not funny....
DJ Mavrick 3:04 AM - 6 May, 2013
Serato DJ...Please let us cross the Ableton Bridge..;) +1
benn low kill 12:52 PM - 7 May, 2013
+1
djhashbrown 11:05 PM - 12 May, 2013
+1,000,000,000
haker 8:12 PM - 14 May, 2013
+1 We need Serato Bridge for Serato DJ!
Draven1327 5:49 PM - 15 May, 2013
Must...... Have......Bridge!!!!!!!! Plleeeeeeaaaassseeeee
Johnny Cinco 3:58 PM - 18 May, 2013
+1
controversial 4:27 PM - 18 May, 2013
I just stopped tracking this discussion its been years and serato has not implemented bridge on serato itch-now DJ and it seems like it wont ever happen... all i get is notices of +1 and no word from serato I have never heard of any company that refuses to implement something that customers are begging for that is very easy for them to implement, even old discontinued software like Maudio Torq had a feature where you could use it with your favorite daw and it they would both be in sync. Hey maybe the solution would be for Serato to hire one of those programers from M-audio and have them implement the bridge since apparently no one at serato knows how to do this.
deejdave 12:04 AM - 20 May, 2013
+2
djallstyle 3:47 AM - 20 May, 2013
Serato is on the verge of losing the more techy type of djs... Really Dj/Producer types are moving to Traktor (unfortunantely)...... Honestly, If my 380 or vci 300 worked in Traktor? I would be gone too. Just waiting on the right controller & I'm out unless Serato get their ish together asap. No Bridge or at least a plugin compatible to a DAW is inexcusable.
museoa 10:44 PM - 22 May, 2013
+1 again, cause i would love the bridge ... or even midi clock out..
Bozo 11:20 PM - 22 May, 2013
+1
IMHO The midi clock and midi out are the most importent missing features.
DVJ a.P 5:27 AM - 27 May, 2013
if traktor have a video plugins for sure going to give up serato. plz bringe us the bridge or atlease a comment/reply from serato to this discussion.
More Or Les 4:04 PM - 1 June, 2013
Quote:
My reason for wanting the bridge is the mixtape feature. Other than that I could care less about further Ableton live integration. If serato had it's own mixtape feature I wouldn't need the bridge.

Agreed whole-heartedly. I have respect for Ableton Live and what it can do, but the mixtape feature is the golden egg for me. I understand why it's easier to partner with Live though - makes sense for editing options in trying to create the penultimate mix tape. :-) And being able to load a third track synced with a current track ain't a bad idea either!

Definitely +1 from me on this - ADD BRIDGE TO SERATO DJ!!!
Bobbie á Deild 11:31 PM - 30 June, 2013
Live and Serato DJ would take any DJ set to a new level of possibilities, and very easy aswell.
The Bridge for serato DJ would be one of the best steps since the digitalization in the music industry...

This is the biggest issue for me not buying an DDJ-SX

definetly a +1 from me...

SERATO NEED THIS!
Kristian Valdini 11:42 AM - 6 July, 2013
Once thing I have noted that has kind of put me off any future 'Bridge' chat is the possible output quality?

1.Record a set directly via DDJ-SX and listen to the raw file
vs
2. Input tracks directly into Ableton + Mix & Export (24bit .wav)

The final DDJ-SX is FAR cleaner, clearer from the side by side tests that I have done.

Love Ableton for pre-mixing 'studio style' mixes, but fr prefer the end result of mixing live and recording via the DDJ-SX.

Anyone else notice similar?

K
phatbob 12:05 PM - 6 July, 2013
I would suggest that the timestretching in Ableton Live actually sounds a lot better than that in Serato DJ, if you use the right warp mode for the material.

SDJ's keylock is notoriously poor.
Kristian Valdini 8:20 PM - 7 July, 2013
That is what surprised me, the quality of the recording via both my SL3 and now my DDJ-SX really sounds great... far better than my exports doing the same like for like mixes/tracks etc with Ableton (and l have Live8 with Complex Pro mode for warping)?

To be fair, these days I mix mainly housey/downtempo stuff, so I never push the keylock too hard and also mix close to key so it seems to be turning out nice.

K
Eric Reeves 8:20 AM - 8 July, 2013
+1.

I just picked up a DDJ-SX, which is a 'flagship' product, and was very disappointed to discover 'The Bridge' was not supposed by Serato DJ.

This would be absolutely huge...

PLEASE! :)
DeeJay Staas 11:15 PM - 21 July, 2013
+100
nostromo13 4:29 PM - 25 July, 2013
+1

this would make many people switch to serato and ditch the NI stuff.
deejdave 7:56 PM - 25 July, 2013
Serato already has it. If this is what was going to entice them they already should be with SSL.
DeRajj 7:31 PM - 31 August, 2013
+1
salazam 6:20 AM - 4 September, 2013
+1 I concur. I go back and forth between SSL and SDJ depending on how much gear I feel like bringing to a gig and whenever I use SSL I feel like I'm stepping down because of how awesome I've found SDJ to be. The only benefit of SSL is of course The Bridge (and tactile vinyl control, mixemergency, yada yada). I'd LOVE to be able to stick solely to the DDJ and leave the vinyls at home for practice and recording.
d33z 4:57 AM - 5 September, 2013
this is stupid. as if you dont support the bridge. that's like rediculous actually. we are all musicians here... you have enough money. rebuild it.
hologram 6:46 AM - 5 September, 2013
+1 especially with the announcement of Serato DJ 1.5
SiRocket 7:04 AM - 5 September, 2013
+1 ESPECIALLY WITH 1.5 and 1.6 DVS announcement!!!

ATLEAST HAVE MIXTAPE!!!!!!
SiRocket 7:04 AM - 5 September, 2013
+1 ESPECIALLY WITH 1.5 and 1.6 DVS announcement!!!

ATLEAST HAVE MIXTAPE!!!!!!
DJStevie 9:12 AM - 5 September, 2013
+1 bridge for serato dj please.
I use scratch live and dj, so why I have to differ between 2 products of the same great. company.
Thanks
deejdave 9:18 AM - 5 September, 2013
Scratch Live will no longer be supported after 2014 so You won't have the difference issue anymore.
ninjagaijin 10:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
Ok, so SL2/3/4 have core asio drivers for Ableton. So you can use it, that' scool. But the Bridge actually adds some features above the 'sound card' of the SL.

You can't make a big woop de doo and then give up on it. The Bridge was the last 'innovation' you added to SSL imo.

So you bloody well take that into SDJ. Just take a bit of time if you need, it's not the first and most important thing to port. But yeah, you better bring it back. I am a producer as much as DJ and want those added aspects to Ableton that Bridge brings.
ninjagaijin 10:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Scratch Live will no longer be supported after 2014 so You won't have the difference issue anymore.

What are you talking about? THis is for SDJ and bridge.
deejdave 10:42 AM - 5 September, 2013
Typically a response is given to a post prior to it....................
Kody G 11:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

What are you talking about? THis is for SDJ and bridge.

Meaning... if Serato is planning on merging SDJ and SSL then the Bridge is most likely coming.
Mark Quest 4:25 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Serato already has it. If this is what was going to entice them they already should be with SSL.

WINNER
deejdave 8:04 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

WINNER

Yes but now that Serato will be eliminated the Bridgse should ABSOLUTELY be brought to their current ONLY software. Literally all development with Itch, SSL, & DJ Intro will come to an end. Possibly a few more support updates for Intro but that's it, no real new features. That being said EVERY feature they offered throughout the years SHOULD be combined into that said solo software at least as an option. Even being a SYNC hater I absolutely feel it SHOULD be included as an option in their only software.
Lossless 1:14 AM - 6 September, 2013
+1 for Ableton integration.
HeaVyyNeSs 9:18 AM - 6 September, 2013
+1
Maskrider 6:26 AM - 23 September, 2013
+1
Vantu 6:52 PM - 14 October, 2013
+1 for the bridge to serato dj
phlowless 12:47 PM - 15 October, 2013
+1
Tiki_music 6:32 AM - 17 October, 2013
+ 1 for sure!
DJ Compiler 8:28 PM - 17 October, 2013
+1
JBRiSH 1:56 AM - 18 October, 2013
+1 for the Bridge for sure!

I just came back to serato after using Traktor scratch for over a year. Kill that sync cause it seriously made me sloppy on the 1200's.
Tekon 9:10 AM - 18 October, 2013
+1 for The Bridge also +1 to sort out the LOOPS on DDJ-SX
CodeCarp 6:21 PM - 18 October, 2013
+1. Just Make this integration please :) Its too versatile and sweeeeeeeeeeeet if I say so myself.
+1 +1 +1
JUST-ICE-ONE 10:53 PM - 28 October, 2013
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1111111111111111111111111111111111111
salazam 12:56 AM - 14 November, 2013
Why is this STILL not fixed yet?!? Why give us an awesome feature only to take it away. What kind of cruel joke is this???
Agent Orange 1:19 AM - 14 November, 2013
+1 - bought a Twitch with the intent of using it with Bridge. Still waiting 2 years later.
JimmyGLA 2:41 AM - 14 November, 2013
+ 1 Times a million!!!!! Just bought the new ns7 ii and its dope but was hoping to combine that with my APC 40 and able to cut up some live remixes. For now Im just beat matching them manually but its a bitch and sometimes it drifts out of sync. Worse than that I can't believe how many people are dying for the bridge too. The ns7 ii only works with serato DJ so for now I'm out of luck....so come on Serato...Come with it!!!
Tekon 11:54 AM - 14 November, 2013
So many great ideas to improve SDJ by us, the customers. Although, all will render zero profit.

New controllers, mixers, colorful control vinyl, etc make the company a nice tidy revenue.

What would you do? Listen to the anonymous (sorry, but) whin-o's and grant them FREE updates whenever they ask for it. Or do what they currently do and release teaser updates to keep the punters eager. 1.5 and up... lets be honest, all they did was change played tracks to blue, made the layout different (worse in my pov) and changed drivers to make it work with vinyl and cds (didnt see the point in the last one. I thought SDJ was dedicated to controllers and Scratch was the DVS. Defeats the point in using turntables when you add a sync button. If you cant beatmatch vinyl, you're no DJ) Anyway, those amendments are non-time-consuming, nor are they costly. Dont forget that The Bridge is also Ableton too and they only collaborated for Scratch. DJ (as much as it looks and feels the same) is a whole different programme. It dose however, make me chuckle that when Ableton release their updates, there is a significant change in the software.

As much as I would love this intergration, we've still got a long wait ahead of us.

I am as agitated as you are.
Tobi P 7:32 PM - 14 November, 2013
+1
ChirpFlareClickBoom 11:33 PM - 18 November, 2013
+1
MrLefik 7:35 AM - 19 November, 2013
+100500
laserjay 12:36 PM - 19 November, 2013
+1
clickclickw00t 10:02 PM - 28 November, 2013
Seriously, as much as I love Rane's hardware, I think the software designers are all smoking crack. YOU HAD ONE DAMN JOB. If you invent a product (the bridge), spend tons of money and time advertising it, have people SPEND THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY TO ADOPT IT, and you say "eh sorry, it would have taken to long to implement it", you are just a shitty software developer and should be fired. Do your damn job. +1 on this
deejdave 10:53 PM - 28 November, 2013
Kind of makes no sense here. The Bridges still works as advertises as does SSL and that has nothing to do with Serato DJ adding it. Furthermore who's to say the same people who designed SSL have anything to do with the design of Serato DJ. Also the people who spent their heard earned money on adopting the Bridge with SSL will ALWAYS be able to use what they spent their money on.
hologram 7:42 AM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
Kind of makes no sense here. The Bridges still works as advertises as does SSL and that has nothing to do with Serato DJ adding it. Furthermore who's to say the same people who designed SSL have anything to do with the design of Serato DJ. Also the people who spent their heard earned money on adopting the Bridge with SSL will ALWAYS be able to use what they spent their money on.

At one point it was advertised as coming to controller land in the future.
deejdave 7:24 PM - 29 November, 2013
Yes I think that was for Itch though, no?
hologram 7:39 PM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
Yes I think that was for Itch though, no?

yeah but you know what i mean.
It's like we gonna dangle this carrot.

They need to either shit or get off the pot on that one.
deejdave 7:49 PM - 29 November, 2013
I fully agree and am 100000% on the adding Bridge side. I just feel we keep this as straight as possible. If they are at all able to do it Serato SHOULD implement the Bridge into Serato DJ .................... PERIOD. No unnecessary finger pointing or false claims needed is all. It kind of takes away from what everyone is trying to do here. The fact is Serato did what they claimed by adding it to Serato Scratch Live. They DID NOT do what they implied by adding it to Serato Itch. They have yet to say either way about adding it to Serato DJ. What I do feel is they should address it one way or another. I would not be all that happy if I KNEW they were NOT going to add it but at least I would know to hope/wish for something else.
hologram 7:59 PM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
I fully agree and am 100000% on the adding Bridge side. I just feel we keep this as straight as possible. If they are at all able to do it Serato SHOULD implement the Bridge into Serato DJ .................... PERIOD. No unnecessary finger pointing or false claims needed is all. It kind of takes away from what everyone is trying to do here. The fact is Serato did what they claimed by adding it to Serato Scratch Live. They DID NOT do what they implied by adding it to Serato Itch. They have yet to say either way about adding it to Serato DJ. What I do feel is they should address it one way or another. I would not be all that happy if I KNEW they were NOT going to add it but at least I would know to hope/wish for something else.

Exactly. I mix two different ways and serato for the most part does what I need.
But for the other way I mix I want the functionality of ableton/bridge or if thats not going to be available then I'll go get a traktor setup for that type of mixing. I'm just tired of waisting time sitting around waiting for a decision.
salazam 8:19 PM - 29 November, 2013
Hell, I'd like to see it working again with SSL and Ableton 9. I had to downgrade back to 8 so I could implement it back into my sets. A temporary solution for SDJ is simply running Ableton from the headphone jack to an aux in on the DDJ and beatmatching by ear. Kinda rickety but it works.
deejdave 9:38 PM - 29 November, 2013
The Bridge does work with Ableton 9 and SSL.
deejdave 9:43 PM - 29 November, 2013
salazam 11:49 PM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
The Bridge does work with Ableton 9 and SSL.

the 64-bit version?
deejdave 12:01 AM - 30 November, 2013
Not sure. Probably not. I just know it does work with Ableton 9. 32 Bit I am sure of but I would assume no for 64 bit.
SiRocket 12:31 AM - 30 November, 2013
it's the "bitch" way out… for serato to say "hey it will always work on SSL, so you are getting what was advertised and paid for"…. but what they don't say is… "hey we don't really give a shit about you guys, and second off we won't admit THAT SO MANY FUNCTIONS OF THE BRIDGE INCLUDING MIXTAPE ARE HALF ASSED AND DONT WORK RIGHT 70%+ OF THE DAMN TIME"….

gotta love that….
SiRocket 12:33 AM - 30 November, 2013
i'm tired of having countless back and forth messages with everyone about this… it's lame… I could see if I was one of those bedroom controller guys with fantasy wishes/ideas… but i'm a seasoned user with some knowledge regarding their products… sigh.
JimmyGLA 6:49 AM - 30 November, 2013
It seems there is an overwhelming amount of requests for this integration...That said, there is a market for it. I.E. money to be made. Ableton and Serato both...Do those guys even read these posts? I'm really surprised how a company can just ignore such a high demand product. If they've done it once...would it be so far fetched they could do it again for Serato DJ? I think we should approach their marketing department to light some fire under their lazy asses. Unless there is a Hacker Ninja out there somewhere who could write some crazy kung fu crack spin off of SSL and figure out how to make it work with SDJ. I'd pay good money, and I know others would too...So? WTF Come wit it!
deejdave 6:56 AM - 30 November, 2013
As I say I 100% agree it should be implemented into Serato DJ but please remember the Itch instance is not a fair comparison due to the fact it was never really complete and kind of garbage (at least in my experience). I feel Serato knew they had no intention of seeing that one through but Serato DJ on the other hand will be the future of Serato. Also the marketing department would be in charge of seeing the need which I fully believe the see. I have a feeling it is the development team that needs to step their game up. I would very much like to see the Bridge or something as useful and innovative that could take it's place.
SiRocket 8:25 AM - 30 November, 2013
i agree with you both. cheers!
DJCY 10:43 AM - 30 November, 2013
+1
Mr Wilks 9:13 AM - 2 December, 2013
I'm gonna be honest here.

It will come.

The natural progression of SDJ and to keep Traktor at bay will be to add it. Someone from Serato even stated they was looking into it on Facebook the other month (I took a screenshot). Honestly, i know it will come. When? Who knows.

I wouldn't expect all midi fader curves working in mixtape though as adding controller support for all controllers would be off the scale in terms of development but I'd say the Rane mixers would get it and maybe Pio SRT too.

As for normal Bridge? I am confident we will see it at some point.
SiRocket 8:13 PM - 2 December, 2013
The thing is… i'm not worried about a "when" release date like most people are… The fact that serato won't even verify that mixtape or something similar WILL be a feature in the future, is what shakes everything up… I understand the business "model" as I do product development for a well known pro-audio company, so i know what needs to be hush hush and what doesn't…. But serato would be making more friends instead of enemies by actually communicating with people about these (already done features), and letting them know it's on the SDJ roadmap.

Simple right?
DjChino3 6:52 AM - 4 December, 2013
+1 i've been waiting for the Serato Itch/Serato Dj Bridge support since day one.
David_E 10:10 PM - 4 December, 2013
+ uno
SIDE3 7:18 AM - 5 December, 2013
+1
Futuretek 3:47 PM - 5 December, 2013
+1000
monchi 7:45 PM - 8 December, 2013
+1001
SiRocket 1:37 AM - 9 December, 2013
+1 just for good luck
G-rod 3:46 AM - 9 December, 2013
+1
Mutis Mayfield 6:27 PM - 9 December, 2013
I'm not (so) the hacker ninja (that I will) but I have some knowledge about the internals of the bridge (personal research) and Ms. pinky maxforlive (and midi/osc output) advicer/early requester. My expected idea for The Bridge was near to NI Remix Decks tha the Bridge or Ms. pinky approarches so...

With this knowledge (and IMHO) do the work for Serato Dj isn't not so difficult. The true complication is platter control (in controllers due to the every branch protocol, in DVS due to audio engine of Live which can't scratch audio clips) but...

Mixtape feature is easy to perform with remote scripts (even the default) and better with regular midi mixer than Rane (because Serato soft hijacks the midi signal and make it unavailiable to third app like Ableton). I know a way to make it work with ANY mixer (without midi) with curve control and high resolution (not 127 steps like midi cc which is poor accurate for chirps and flares) but again Ableton must to implement better automation (live 9 finally has curves but I'm not sure about resolution. Maybe I'm wrong and it is still more easy)
For the platter side, it could be A LOT of improve making possible to post-produce the whole routine (including scratching) but this trick will be at my pocket until some other wonders how or Serato drop me an email directly (too many years going in the opposite direction, sorry guys)

About beatgridding/warping: I don't know how Serato manage the marks and I'm not sure about if Ableton let "observe" these makers from the API/LOM side but it could be possible too (and even creating special tracks in Live like drum ones for Serato or updating a bit the clip object itself)

About scratching the clip content: it is a problem from Ableton side but...
There will some workarounds to bypass the limitations.
The most straightforward could br something like... "Audio buffering"; You could hit a button in Serato app/frontend then grab the whole audio (clips launched including midi synths andor efx) or audio from bus in live into a SP-6 or deck in Serato. It will be something similar like Remix Deck but with Ableton as generator/fx unit.

About integrating third generators in Serato (ie drummy channels): it could be easy to remap (parsing values) between Serato mappings (which the 90% is still closed and 1to1 values) to Ableton API/LOM again. Implement this step by step will be slow but solid, believe me.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but it was been "more long that I expect" post, sorry.

Why it isn't developed yet?
Well (IMHO again) as I stated before the release of The Bridge to the Support team in a funny mail conversations (over a month before of the release) "who will go to pay for something which is free?" (Pointing to the fact that Ms. pinky released a maxforlive device which could scratch audio content clips ( not warped I know...) A month before the first stage presentation at namm or messe (I couldn't remember at this moment)
Then the only way to monetarize this was "release free for ableton+serato (rane hardware) users.

I'm not trying to explain Serato how to rule their business but if they were listening/reading users (and powerusers) advices and demand maybe The Bridge could been another history...

Now maybe it is time to second chance and this post is my contribution but my motivation still is the same now and then: Users.

I didn't expect a mail hitting my mailbox (I hope serato keep this message online too...) but I'm trying to get ready my new/own blog and I will explain (and learn by the way) all about this and then when I purge all my research (and hate) I will forget about it and start living.

If anyone is interested (or a python coder) and want to collab, I will do all of this open (even the secret tricks of course)

My best wishes for all,
Mudo/Mutis Mayfield
Samuel Biti 7:28 PM - 9 January, 2014
+1
DJ TooHypE 8:53 AM - 11 January, 2014
+1 Porfavor
Lide 3:14 PM - 11 January, 2014
+1

I switched from Traktor to ssl years ago because the bridge was announced. Now I feel disapponted because bridge seems to be discontinued in sdj.

Want the bridge for sdj just like in ssl (mixtape + clip launching etc) + scratchability of bridge Audio stream

Thanks serato. U can do it!
Bornd Fono 3:31 AM - 13 January, 2014
+1
Marv Incredible 2:04 PM - 27 January, 2014
BRING THAT BEAT BRIDGE BACK!
salazam 6:53 PM - 24 February, 2014
I take my +1 back. I changed my mind. I was messing with the Bridge in SSL and realized there's no way to record. Even if it did allow it, the only benefit of having the Bridge is just being synched with the vinyl, you still have to beatmatch. So fuck it I run Ableton separately so it uses the CoreAudio and I can record. Beatmatching isn't hard, and you just assign the tempo nudge up n down to some buttons.

It's not worth it to have such a watered down interface of Ableton that also takes up precious room on SDJ's gui. So....

salazam 6:55 PM - 24 February, 2014
Also it's like a 3rd deck if you run it into the phono in, rather than taking up a real virtual deck.
Willrock 11:47 AM - 26 February, 2014
+1
Snert 4:11 PM - 27 February, 2014
+1
ral 2:13 AM - 28 February, 2014
+1
Fl!ped 5:49 PM - 1 March, 2014
+100
Selector Paul 5:37 PM - 3 March, 2014
+1
Wuttin 11:55 PM - 3 March, 2014
+1

My workflow is so heavily Ableton-centric, I wouldn't really consider a setup that doesn't incorporate it fully; however, I'd much rather use a controller than have to purchase an entire DVS rig. If Serato brings The Bridge to Serato DJ, they've basically secured my business forever.
salazam 1:33 AM - 4 March, 2014
I feel bad, this thread was dead for like a whole month till I resurrected it. Get over it already. They're not going to do it. It's a bad idea. Shut up now. Go to back to sleep.
Wuttin 3:26 AM - 4 March, 2014
Quote:
I was messing with the Bridge in SSL and realized there's no way to record.

There definitely is a way to record, and it's one of the main components of the program that Serato advertised.

Quote:
the only benefit of having the Bridge is just being synched with the vinyl, you still have to beatmatch

But that is still a pretty major advantage; it means ableton users can launch clips and stuff in time w/o beatmatching twice, and if it were incorporated into SDJ, there would be a sync function as well.

Quote:
They're not going to do it.

But a lot of us really wish they would :(
salazam 9:43 PM - 4 March, 2014
There is NO WAY TO RECORD in Ableton dude. How do you record-enable a track that has NO INPUT?!? I'm not talking about stupid "mixtape". I'm talking about using Ableton as a live-performance capable DAW as it was intended.

Beatmatching twice? Pray tell how you came to this conclusion. The only difference is instead of using buttons to nudge the pitch/tempo, you use a tracking-record. THAT'S IT! THAT'S ALL THE BRIDGE IS!*

I mean, I've actually used the Bridge. I also use Ableton. If I'm missing something, then please enlighten me. I don't like my mashed potatoes touching my stuffing. If you take an actual objective look at it, and then take some actual practice using the existing Bridge with SSL, tell me I'm wrong. Tell me. Please tell me I'm wrong. Tell me how I would be playing a drum loop in Ableton, punch in a live recording of me playing the trumpet, loop that, and then scratch on top of it. The Bridge cannot do that, you CAN HOWEVER do that in pure Ableton running SSL separately. Bonus is you aren't hogging a track in SSL, and you aren't taking up any SSL GUI space. So why would you want a down-syndrome version of Ableton just so you can speed it up or slow it down by touching a record????

Shoot I'm thinking of bypassing software all together and just getting an SP-404 and a scratch record. Serato is old hat.** DJs learn workarounds. All you guys that think this software is going to be an easy fix for what you're trying to do (what ARE you trying to do? Have you even asked yourselves that?!???) are in for a rude awakening when you realize that there is no magic update that will solve your woes. You're just plug-in happy. Want want want, give me upgrades. I don't know what they do but I found out about them so I want them!

It's not the size of the boat, gents.... it's the motion in the lotion. Three words: Midi. Clock. Out. BOOOOOOOM!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!

*except that it takes over your audio drivers
**j/k I love you guys. That pitch/time plug-in is the dog's bollocks!
Blackie Lox 11:53 AM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
Three words: Midi. Clock. Out. BOOOOOOOM!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Well stated. Serato has been lacking this and it's the main reason I switched to Traktor for audio mixing.
Snert 2:30 PM - 5 March, 2014
Wait, what? Ableton has no way to record? Am I missing something key here because I'm pretty sure I just tracked some vocals with Ableton last night...
Il_DoN 2:06 PM - 19 March, 2015
+1 i bought recently a ddj sx2 and i want to upgrade serato with the dvs and using the time code and ableton with the bridge, that is my idea to make a good dj set with a really good set up. PLS put the bridge in serato dj !
Mutis Mayfield 5:43 AM - 14 April, 2015
Bingo!

i62.tinypic.com

It seems my diagnosis and maybe solutions are read by staff or almost in the same mood...
G-rod 8:22 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Bingo!

i62.tinypic.com

It seems my diagnosis and maybe solutions are read by staff or almost in the same mood...

it doesn't work!
Mutis Mayfield 11:07 AM - 14 April, 2015
The link?
Mutis Mayfield 12:29 PM - 14 April, 2015
Right click> open in new window should work...
deejdave 10:43 PM - 14 April, 2015
TEC21 10:47 AM - 9 February, 2016
+1
DJ Eazy B 11:49 PM - 9 February, 2016
+1
DJ Compiler 12:37 AM - 10 February, 2016
+1
Versipellis 1:14 AM - 10 February, 2016
Watchvimeo.com

We're now 2 months in to 2016 - we were told we'd see The Bridge in 2015. What happened?
Mutis Mayfield 1:57 AM - 10 February, 2016
Strategy changed. Flip like implemeemtations seems the way they are going...
DJ Compiler 2:29 AM - 10 February, 2016
Could be something held up on Ableton's end as well. Serato and Ableton may have been planning on using the Link protocol to implement this and Link was just made publically available in Live 9.6 which was just released a week or two ago.
Mutis Mayfield 3:12 PM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
Could be something held up on Ableton's end as well. Serato and Ableton may have been planning on using the Link protocol to implement this and Link was just made publically available in Live 9.6 which was just released a week or two ago.

Good point. It should be trivial to SDJ team development implement LINK feature due it is more or less the done with the Bridge Scripts back in the day but available for anyone and maybe that's the reason behind don't release a desktop SDK yet. Also it keeps Ableton as the only LINK capable DAW in desktop realm.

Who knows... maybe Ableton will introduce the desired "mixtape" feature as own for any Link source and maybe Serato release a maxforlive/Ableton native instrument for the scratching side of the equation... ^^
Hay Cohen 8:47 PM - 10 February, 2016
+1 please implement Ableton Link or make the bridge available with non Rane h/w.

it would make my life much better :)
DJ_Esco 7:21 AM - 11 February, 2016
+8
maarawoe 2:08 PM - 11 February, 2016
+9
DJ UB 7:11 AM - 25 March, 2016
+1

Would love to do a mix tape and polish out the minor details later.

hopefully they still monitor the form.

crossing fingers
SiRocket 2:20 AM - 31 March, 2016
they don't monitor it sadly...
HeaVyyNeSs 9:22 AM - 6 June, 2016
bump... any updates?
Mike Czech 5:36 PM - 16 June, 2016
At the beginning of 2015 they said it was being worked on. My only hope at this point is that SDJ 2.0 comes out as a complete refresh and redesign, with features like The Bridge (and Day Mode) back in the mix.
TEC21 2:42 PM - 17 June, 2016
please bring it out!
+1
stratoferris 6:58 PM - 17 June, 2016
+1 ....I hope it comes soon! at this pace we won't need DJ software . At the rate controllers are coming out with software built-in and waveform screens by next summer Pioneer, Native Instruments,Numark and Denon will have built in software and only need a computer for library management. Maybe thats what Serato is waiting for??? why spends resources only to become obsolete---Lets just make the best Library management software. Come on Serato enough stalling and giving us a line of BS ...Impress us or risk losing us!
DJ Mell 07 2:21 AM - 18 June, 2016
+1000 😀
DJ UB 6:19 PM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:
+1 ....I hope it comes soon! at this pace we won't need DJ software . At the rate controllers are coming out with software built-in and waveform screens by next summer Pioneer, Native Instruments,Numark and Denon will have built in software and only need a computer for library management. Maybe thats what Serato is waiting for??? why spends resources only to become obsolete---Lets just make the best Library management software. Come on Serato enough stalling and giving us a line of BS ...Impress us or risk losing us!

IMO, nothing personal, but i don't think controllers would ever replace laptop!!! special for open format DJs (am not sure if that the right work) but I do lots and lots of mobile/random/different genera music that looking for songs, or even getting them on the fly would not be easy with controllers… lot more you can do on the fly.
and i think thats why rekorbox with all that controller/cdj stuff they still came out with their dvs system.
I don't think laptop and software would die anytime time soon… I think its just picking up