DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best of 2007 Electro House Mix (W/ Playlist)

Alex Dreamz 9:52 AM - 16 June, 2008
I dunno why I didn't post this earlier...here is a lil' mix I did with my favorite electro tracks of 2007. Let me know what you think!?!?

ENJOY....

ELECTROFIED VOL. 1 (BEST OF 2007)

www.zshare.net

01. "It's Too Late" - Evermore
02. "It's True" - Axwell
03. "In The Dark" - Tiesto (Dirty South Mix)
04. "Breakaway" Nick Terranova
05. "The Things You Do" Cicada (Dirty South Mix)
06. "Let It Go" Dirty South
07. "Baby When The Lights Go Out" - David Guetta
08. "Ride Like The Wind" Michael Mind (Klaas Mix)
09. "I Want Your Soul" Armand Van Helden (TV Rock Mix)
10. "Is It Love?" - Iio (Starkillers Mix)
11. "He Doesn't Love You" - Hook & Sling
12. "Not Over" Oakenfold feat. One Republic

Volume 2 should be done this month!
DJ Michael Basic 10:19 AM - 16 June, 2008
Good tracklist...I'll check it out tomorrow. There were so many great electro tracks in 2007 it'd be tough to do a really comprehensive "best of" but you definately had a few of my favorites in there.

Without listening (I'm sure your mixing is tight) my only complaint is it's not much variety...you've got a lot of dirty south...terranova = starkillers...with only 12 tracks for a best of 2007, you might have hit some other artists.

No Mickey Slim, no Deadmau5, no Tocadisco, no Vandalism, Laidback Luke, I could go on...a good list none the less!
DJ Michael Basic 10:20 AM - 16 June, 2008
Although, who am I to tell you what your favorite tracks should be...if you like Dirty South, you like Dirty South...unfortunately, he's completely changed his style and doesn't do electro anymore...he's moved on to techy progressive stuff.
Alex Dreamz 10:29 AM - 16 June, 2008
The mix does kinda have the same vibe. It's "my favorite" lol. I would say it's more for the non-electro purist, somebody who might be on the point of converting & too maybe spark an interest to my regular mainstream audience.

I love Vandalism & Deadmau5, but at the point I did this I played those tracks too much. So I was pretty burned out w/ those tracks (Deadmau5 might be too deep for the average kiis fm listener too.) Never really loved Laidback Luke or Tocadisco. Some stuff is cool.

:-)
Alex Dreamz 7:54 PM - 16 June, 2008
Yo Michael....send me your edits dude! lol. U forgot!
djchope 8:27 PM - 16 June, 2008
Nice mix "alex" real smooth, i also like your mashups,great creative mashups
Alex Dreamz 8:38 PM - 16 June, 2008
thank you sir!
djbigboy 6:53 PM - 19 June, 2008
Yo! This is for Michael Basic and Alex, check out my mix. I use to do a lot of house when it was more popular and now getting back into it. Check out my mix, see if I am that far off from whats going on....I mean obviously, with Lollipop in there, this mix isn't for true electro heads...but I am trying to change the attitude towards dance...so here ya area

www.djbigboy.com (mixes from my site)

direct link to my electro style mix

www.musicv2.com

Track list

1.) Yves La Rock Rise
2.) Gusto's Revenge
3.) Hatrias What Happened To The Funk
4.) Colby What U Got
5.) Blade
6.) EverClear
7.) Better Off Elektro
8.) Love American Boy
9.) Once More Time
10.) TJ Sonic
11.) Ron Carroll with my nikes on
12.) Elektro Lolli
13.) This Elevator is Elecktro
14.) DJ Disciple Work It Out
15.) Mobbin Masters Show Me Love 2008
16.) Front To the Back
DJ_AL 11:15 PM - 19 June, 2008
^^ lol can somebody say THREAD JACK!!! hahahaha
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:37 AM - 26 June, 2008
Quote:
I dunno why I didn't post this earlier...here is a lil' mix I did with my favorite electro tracks of 2007. Let me know what you think!?!?

ENJOY....

ELECTROFIED VOL. 1 (BEST OF 2007)

www.zshare.net

01. "It's Too Late" - Evermore
02. "It's True" - Axwell
03. "In The Dark" - Tiesto (Dirty South Mix)
04. "Breakaway" Nick Terranova
05. "The Things You Do" Cicada (Dirty South Mix)
06. "Let It Go" Dirty South
07. "Baby When The Lights Go Out" - David Guetta
08. "Ride Like The Wind" Michael Mind (Klaas Mix)
09. "I Want Your Soul" Armand Van Helden (TV Rock Mix)
10. "Is It Love?" - Iio (Starkillers Mix)
11. "He Doesn't Love You" - Hook & Sling
12. "Not Over" Oakenfold feat. One Republic

Volume 2 should be done this month!
been listening to this on my commute to work and back home all this week.... Thanks Alex Dreamz!

sooo.... is this Hipster music?
Alex Dreamz 10:19 AM - 26 June, 2008
I dunno....i'm not hip. lol, it's soooo last year. lol
Alex Dreamz 10:29 AM - 26 June, 2008
btw, cool mix big boy....
djbigboy 12:24 AM - 4 July, 2008
THanks....I am just trying to get my music straight....I didn't mean to jack the thread....i am feeling a lot of your remixes, keep it up....
LukeyC 7:45 AM - 10 July, 2008
Does this sort of "electro house" track list go off at clubs for u guys in the states? I'm not trying to offend anyone (I'm just curious), but if u went to any electro clubs here in australia, people would be walking off the dance floor at the extent of cheese which a set like either of the aforementioned entail.

I think maybe its because alot of this genre comes from here (ie. dirty south, mobin master, vandalism, tv rock, hook & sling, bass kleph etc etc) alot of clubbers would consider it overly commercial, but does it go down well for most of u guys in ur sets?
DjWoody 1:55 AM - 12 July, 2008
It all depends on the venue. In the mixed mainstream clubs it will do well, but on the more dance oriented clubs, aka the diehards, this will be considered cheese. The diehard "scene" is more minimal & techno now.
Maskrider 10:27 AM - 13 July, 2008
I do have alot of Electro but choose not to play it....simply because it's getting cheessier.

Plus there's alot of Techno and House music that are way better than Electro.

For me Electro is another excuse for mashup.
djbigboy 12:48 AM - 16 July, 2008
Lukey,

Yeah, I play in mainstream clubs where i play a lot of pop and hip hop, I like dance, and these types of tracks are the ones that will keep them there. You can sneak in a true electro hit, but its not like I am lacing them all back to back. Even when I post mixes up here n there, I give them the warning that this is cheesy stuff but people seem to really enjoy the remixes (as opposed to the original versions that they have heard 100x on the radio, at least these remixes they have only heard 20x). For us in the states, dance music is only coming back now into the mainstream. And in order for the music to progress, for me, you have to hit them with something that sounds familar. Just my take...