Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

crates doubling up

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ CUTLOOSE 4:22 PM - 27 December, 2012
Hi there, last few weeks any new crates I add to my library will duplicate themselves at the bottom of my library after starting scratch live ?

Any ideas

Thanx
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:52 PM - 27 December, 2012
Hey cutloose,

Not sure what is going on but try rebuilding your databaseV2 file(s) --> serato.com
DJ CUTLOOSE 5:14 PM - 27 December, 2012
Thanks for the fast responce, Im just getting stuck at 5....

5) Click and drag all the files from your Main Library Track List into the backup all crate. This crate will now contain every song in your library.

I get the mac spinning ball when I try to drag eveything into the new folder, when it stops spinning nothing has gone into the new folder
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:46 PM - 27 December, 2012
Eh.. forgot that then.
Just continue with the instruction.
The only reason for dragging/dropping your files into one crate is because when you rebuild the databaseV2 file any files that aren't in crates but are just sitting in the 'all' section will get deleted.
This is not a huge deal though as all you need to do to get them back into the 'all' section is re-import them.
The only issue with re-importing them is that the 'date added' info will revert to the date you re-import them.
BUT... This is only with the files that are sitting in the 'all' section but not within any crates.

If you are ok with that I would skip #5 and continue on with the instruction.
6:00 PM, 10 Jan 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.