Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ & DDJ SX: Mic Record?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Danny Kay 4:06 PM - 16 December, 2012
Just wondering, when using Serato DJ to record while using DDJ SX, will this also record the microphone channel?

Thanks

Danny
Serato, Support
Jamie W 4:34 AM - 17 December, 2012
Hey Danny Kay,

No the Mic Channel will not be recorded with SERATO DJ and the DDJ-SX.

If you wish to record the Mic signal over a mix I would advise running your OUTPUT from the DDJ-SX into an alternative recording device. Then you will be able to plug in CDJS/Analog turntables and record everything that comes out of the MASTER output.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks.
Danny Kay 6:35 PM - 17 December, 2012
Idea: Take Booth out & change it to a Line In into my computer to record my set.

Question: Does the Booth out on the DDJ SX act like all other DJM mixers and allow the microphone to come through? If so this would be possible.
DJ Toney 7:16 PM - 17 December, 2012
I can record the mic in my mix on the NS6 I do hope they fix this as an up grade soon. What were they thinking ?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:51 PM - 17 December, 2012
Quote:
Idea: Take Booth out & change it to a Line In into my computer to record my set.

Question: Does the Booth out on the DDJ SX act like all other DJM mixers and allow the microphone to come through? If so this would be possible.

Hey Danny Kay,

If you plug a MIC into the BOOTH output on the back of your DDJ-SX it will act the same as if you plugged in a speaker. You will not be able to use the microphone connecting it this way.

Quote:
I can record the mic in my mix on the NS6 I do hope they fix this as an up grade soon. What were they thinking ?

Hey DJ Toney,

Recording a Microphone through the SERATO DJ software maybe something we look at in the future, currently thats all the information I have.

Thanks.
Danny Kay 10:01 PM - 17 December, 2012
Hi Jamie W,

I worded it wrong. Plug the mic into the normal input.

and then run Phono cable out of Booth output to LineIn in my computer to record..

Would this pick up the microphone?

Sorry about the confusion.

Dan
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:09 PM - 17 December, 2012
Hey Danny Kay,

I understand what you mean now thanks for clearing that up, unfortunately this still wont work. The DDJ-SX mixer acts as an ANALOG mixer when an external device is plugged in.
IE a Turntable, CDJ, Mic - the signal passes through the mixer and no signal goes back into the SERATO DJ Software.

If you connected your BOOTH output back into your line input and use recording software like AUDACITY (which is free to download) you would then be able to record the MIC signal.

I would recommend running out of the SECOND MASTER OUTPUT and into your line input, this will allow for a STEREO mix to be recorded, which will sound a lot nicer.

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks.
12:00 AM, 1 Jan 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.