Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

No XP support for SERATO DJ??

The Primate 1:54 PM - 7 December, 2012
Hi!
I enjoyed using dj intro and was looking forward to using the full feature set with the upgrade to DJ (which I suppose was the whole point of bundling intro for free).

In the minimum specs for DJ it states windows 7. Intro worked fine on my XP setup, which I have no plans for changing, considering that all the other music software that I use works fine with XP.

Am I right to assume that to upgrade to SERATO DJ i would have to upgrade my operating system? I really can't see that happening. I would imagine that there are many other intro users who have XP installations. Seems unusual that the "full" product would require a different operating system to the "demo" product, like quite an obstacle in the upgrade path for a lot of users.

Am I mistaken?
lofty 4:55 PM - 7 December, 2012
you are running an OS thats 11 years old
the last release was SP3 in 2008.

It's great that your computer can run into - but it might be time for an upgrade.

(I'm not trying to be rude/mean - just stating my opinion)
The Primate 7:47 PM - 7 December, 2012
HA! no offence taken at all. when you put it like that, 11 years does sound like a long time, but like you say, SP3 was only 4 years ago.

I suppose my reason for not upgrading is, that like i said before, all my other music software runs fine, Ableton, Traktor, Soundforge, Audacity, Serato DJ intro, Cubase.....If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

I would imagine that i'm not too atypical, i don't know what the percentages are on the install bases of xp vs 7, but i'd guess that there are a lot of people who used intro did so on an XP machine. Maybe you're right and I should get with the times. Probably not going to happen for a while tho ;)
phatbob 7:56 PM - 7 December, 2012
Actually Traktor has not supported XP since version 2.5.

Time to move on. XP is now 4 generations old, and unless your PC is absolute junk, Windows 7 will perform as well, if not better, on it.
DJ - A.B.BASS 11:50 AM - 20 August, 2013
So why is Serato DJ version 1.0 working with XP and 1.3 not?
:-((

My SSL, Ableton Live Suite + The Bridge plus Itch are running on a Win XP System
very stable.

What about: Never change a running system?

I have 2 systems running with Win7, but i dont like to work with 15.6 laptop and i love my 2 15.4 laptops!
wsbsteven 10:46 PM - 20 August, 2013
Quote:

My SSL, Ableton Live Suite + The Bridge plus Itch are running on a Win XP System
very stable.

I have 2 systems running with Win7, but i dont like to work with 15.6 laptop and i love my 2 15.4 laptops!

Hopefully Microsoft ending support will finally get people off that ancient OS

www.microsoft.com
nik39 7:27 AM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

very stable.

www.microsoft.com

+1
DJ - A.B.BASS 11:39 AM - 21 August, 2013
I'm not talking about DJ Intro and again:

There is no answer for:
Why is Serato DJ version 1.0 working with XP and 1.3 not?

- - -

1. No discussion about WIN7 Vs. Win XP and how old the XP OS is.
2. Microsoft is still supportig XP. XP is still the most used Microsoft OS.
3. What about Vista Users?
4. Win 8 is 10 month on the market. Buying a new laptop with the latest Microsoft OS and you can not work with any Serato Software!
5. SSL has many many changes (FX, Sampler, Bridge .....) and updates in the past and still works well with XP.

Dont talk about and forget 1. - 5.

But again:
"Why is Serato DJ version 1.0 working with XP and 1.3 not?"

I think there are not soooooooooooo many changes that makes Win7 necessary to work with Serato DJ since version 1.0.
DJ - A.B.BASS 12:08 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.microsoft.com

+1

Ok, your link to microsoft says:
"Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 Support Ends April 8, 2014"

1. It is still 8 month to go and 8 month is a long time! (Now, 10 month waiting to work with Win8 OS is a longer time period)
2. Upgrate Win XP to Win7 is a transitional solution which is only moderately intelligent, because Win8 is 10 month on the market and the next OS is coming october 17.

I think there will be no nice solution for XP / Vista users who wont change to Win7.
Better just waiting for Serato DJ who works with the next new OS Win8.1!

I hope fervently Serato will not change the WIN OS minimum requirements for SSL in the near future.