Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

VideoToolz 2.0...

dj jamalot 5:36 PM - 2 December, 2012
Well after 6 months being offline the new site is up and in Beta form so it's still being developed has some new features looks promising but the download speeds seem hella slow idk maybe my dsl gotta get cable lol, but for the price you can't beat it for up and coming video jocks it's a good way to load up JMHO...
DJ DisGrace 5:53 PM - 2 December, 2012
Quote:
for the price you can't beat it

yea, it's free lol
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:53 PM - 2 December, 2012
Its an insult to all who pay...........
dj jamalot 7:57 PM - 2 December, 2012
Trust me after being down so long it should be free but it won't last long so load up boys!!!
djnak 7:59 PM - 2 December, 2012
Quote:
but for the price you can't beat it for up and coming video jocks it's a good way to load up

when your shit crashes you'll be singing a different tune..............
when I dropped them after countless hours of sifting through shit edits wrong a/r's ect ect the quality was lacking and no real improvement on quality control since i signed up in 08......

and shutting down, emailing content, and now finally a new BLOG page......
All in a atempt to avoid the law...

ARE THESE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT SHOULD BE TRUSTED WITH CREDIT CARD BANKING INFO?

If your still on this bandwagon give your head a fucking shake
Millz 8:01 PM - 2 December, 2012
Shake it dont fake it! :D Nak hit it on the head people.
dj jamalot 8:07 PM - 2 December, 2012
will see how it plays out my card is covered from loss so no biggie there as far as quality i haven't experienced any issues with some edits never had a shut down failure with any video's yet... but i will keep an eye on them i subscribe to a few different pools so losing one won't really matter I write off all the expenses any way.
slimmjimm 8:47 PM - 2 December, 2012
For shits and giggles I dl'd a track, it just stopped playing in quicktime, twice. No bueno.
DJMark 11:58 PM - 2 December, 2012
The couple things I downloaded looked and sounded like shit.

Thanks anyway.
DJMisterE 2:54 AM - 3 December, 2012
What's VideoToolz 2.0....????
DJMark 3:05 AM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
What's VideoToolz 2.0....????

A slow-motion shitshow of pixellated frame-blending and bad "warping" artifacts.

And 3kb/sec downloads that terminate part way through.

Any more questions? LOL.
dj jamalot 2:20 PM - 3 December, 2012
Merely a suggestion lol i have gotten a few bad d/l's but i've also recieved a lot of good edits some of the editors work on a few other sites as well to each his own. the vidz i got look really good on my system no complaints thus far.
Dj Misha 4:55 PM - 3 December, 2012
I'm very disappointed! Ive been a member for over a year. Many issues with this company/site. First off, the downloads used to be fast, but no longer. The site was down for 6 months and in the meantime every member received weekly downloads but the download paths ranged in download speeds from ok to very slow. Some files take 40 minutes each, s and i have comcast cable. Also you could only download one file at a time from certain paths. But i stuck it out bc it still was a low subscription price. The new beta version came out yesterday. Its only free while they beta test the new version so don't get excited people who think they found a free video/music website! But good luck even getting on the site! Yesterday i was able to get on the site but was upset bc they only have around 100 videos on the site. Where are all the previous files? Also each video files took over 35 minutes each even with Comcast cable. But today the site isn't even working. I about all out of patience and will take my business else where unless they fix/improve the website...
DJDaveOtt 5:19 PM - 3 December, 2012
They have deleted mine and everyone else's negative comments from their new fb page:
www.facebook.com
DJ Unique 6:42 PM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
They have deleted mine and everyone else's negative comments from their new fb page:
www.facebook.com

I posted a comment under you question...
LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:48 PM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
www.facebook.com

I posted a comment under you question...
LOL

classic!!!!
djpuma_gemini 6:50 PM - 3 December, 2012
Just signed up, man this is great stuff.
I can't wait to spin my first video gig this friday.
DJ Unique 6:54 PM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:

You mean... you just slowly downloaded some free videos.
HaHaHa
DJDaveOtt 7:15 PM - 3 December, 2012
I can't even get on their site...says it's down. Go figure, right?
DJRemixEnt 8:57 PM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:

lol... reading this comment... i was like "wtf"

but then i saw who posted it...lmao
djpuma_gemini 11:04 PM - 3 December, 2012
yep
Dj Nyce 5:44 AM - 4 December, 2012
shit is hilarious. even if the downloads were snappy, the site navigation is totally useless. a video pool needs to be in a list format so that you can see all the pertinent information before download. not a fucking blog.

if you can't afford a legit video pool go kill yourself. you have no right to be a dj.
djnak 8:42 AM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
if you can't afford a legit video pool go kill yourself. you have no right to be a dj.

Quote:
yep
DJDaveOtt 4:07 PM - 4 December, 2012
They are online and commenting on their fb page now...
DJDaveOtt 4:16 PM - 4 December, 2012
They deleted my posts again... :(
DJDaveOtt 4:30 PM - 4 December, 2012
I called them out. Screenshot is on my fb page. www.facebook.com
DJ DisGrace 5:37 PM - 4 December, 2012
Quote:
They deleted my posts again... :(

LOL, even the comments that didn't get deleted are negative
djbigmark 3:35 AM - 5 December, 2012
If your still subscribing to 8thwonder or videotoolz20, do yourself a favor and cancel your account dont give those suckers any more of your hard earned money for a blogsite. join a real pool and get real service. such a waste of time. if you think $10 a month is no big deal then you can send the money to my paypal account under my name, and i will supply you with shitty vidz and service.
Niro 4:06 AM - 5 December, 2012
DJ Big Mack, so if I end my subscription to 8thwonder and send you $10, you will send me videos. What is your paypal account, 8thwonder has been a real bugger, but I believe they have one of the highest quality videos in the game. That's what I've been told by many VJ's, I also here Videotoolz is at the top also and that these people that try to knock them down are called Haterz. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks
Robb Royale 5:33 AM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
I believe they have one of the highest quality videos in the game. That's what I've been told by many VJ's, I also here Videotoolz is at the top also and that these people that try to knock them down are called Haterz.

Really? The highest quality videos in the game? Yet they can't set-up a website? They have some of the worst videos around! Not Hating, stating a fact.
Millz 5:47 AM - 5 December, 2012
Sarcasm Robb ;)
Robb Royale 2:10 PM - 5 December, 2012
Sorry, got ahead of myself! ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:34 PM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
If your still subscribing to 8thwonder or videotoolz20, do yourself a favor and cancel your account dont give those suckers any more of your hard earned money for a blogsite. join a real pool and get real service. such a waste of time. if you think $10 a month is no big deal then you can send the money to my paypal account under my name, and i will supply you with shitty vidz and service.

Do you have a newsletter i can subscribe to
Frankie Glasses 7:07 PM - 5 December, 2012
Quote:
DJ Big Mack, so if I end my subscription to 8thwonder and send you $10, you will send me videos. What is your paypal account, 8thwonder has been a real bugger, but I believe they have one of the highest quality videos in the game. That's what I've been told by many VJ's, I also here Videotoolz is at the top also and that these people that try to knock them down are called Haterz. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks

You mean there are other places to get videos from? does anyone have a list????

Thanks im new here.
DJMisterE 9:22 PM - 5 December, 2012
(scratching head, running in circles, singing alphabet)
DJRemixEnt 1:41 AM - 6 December, 2012
need to change their name to 8thPlunder and Videofoolz

#justsayin
DaveS 7:31 AM - 6 December, 2012
Yeah, and they are not even hosting the files themselves - it's all on mediafire. This can't last long...
djnak 7:50 PM - 6 December, 2012
Quote:
need to change their name to 8thPlunder and Videofoolz

#justsayin

Video....Tools seems fitting doesn't it?
Manny C dot com 1:31 AM - 19 December, 2012
Somebody please post a screenshot (or screenshots) of their new "blog" site.
Robb Royale 1:35 AM - 19 December, 2012
bignate1 2:22 PM - 25 December, 2012
I paid with paypal yesterday and i can't log-in. Anyone else having similar problem
dj jamalot 2:23 PM - 25 December, 2012
Why did u pay when it's free right now
DJRemixEnt 2:30 PM - 25 December, 2012
Quote:
I paid with paypal yesterday and i can't log-in. Anyone else having similar problem

merry christmas
DJRemixEnt 2:33 PM - 25 December, 2012
Quote:
Why did u pay when it's a shitty illegal service that lies to its customers

corrected
Robb Royale 2:50 PM - 25 December, 2012
Quote:

So after reading through this entire thread, seeing all of the negative comments, you still gave them your money? Everyone was griping for A VERY GOOD REASON. Consider it a lesson learned. Merry Christmas!
jdmodj 9:30 PM - 16 January, 2013
I'm sure most of you know the website is up and you can log into it and email Cindy.
What you may or may not know is the website is supper slow.
The search function is jacked up or they just don't have it.
There are not thousands of videos like it says.
New videos of stuff you never heard of are uploaded on a Irregular basis.

There are still too many problems with videotoolz.20 it would be best to wait for videotoolz.90
djpuma_gemini 12:01 AM - 17 January, 2013
but they say they're the best video pool PERIOD!!
djnak 2:52 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
I'm sure most of you know the website is up and you can log into it and email Cindy.

There are still too many problems with videotoolz.20 it would be best to wait for videotoolz.90

because they are not hosting edits anymore...they are just a middle man between you and the labels/producers...SUCH A SCAM IT'S A JOKE

You people need to get with a legit pool...one that WON"T go in hiding after a black thursday...you may not realize yet but you dummies still signed up are getting jacked a 10 dollar bill at a time
Robb Royale 2:55 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

because they are not hosting edits anymore...they are just a middle man between you and the labels/producers...SUCH A SCAM IT'S A JOKE

You people need to get with a legit pool...one that WON"T go in hiding after a black thursday...you may not realize yet but you dummies still signed up are getting jacked a 10 dollar bill at a time

PREACH!
DJMark 12:44 PM - 17 January, 2013
If you give 9th Blunder/VideoFoolz money, you are shitting on all the people who put in serious work putting out quality stuff...

...and ultimately shitting on yourself as well.

It's that simple.
AV District 1:58 AM - 18 January, 2013
Quality is everything!
Billy G 1:50 AM - 4 February, 2013
I "was" a contributer to videotoolz or 8thwonder. I would always complain about other edits, poor audio quality, etc. They had people posting crappy mixes with all these tags, voiceovers, sweepers, wtf ! and worse yet, it was like a "train wreck" or they were not even mixed at all. Some that were still (mixed properly) were in the wrong key... I belong to a much better pool now and contribute there, great quality. Yes, it's much more expensive, but worth it. I have experienced freezes, shut downs when I played some of the videotoolz stuff and soem that were not in correct format or had multiple formats and would not read... The thing is, they have no one in the know about music and no one that really screens other dj's production and uploads. So, yes, it's cheap, but you really have to sift around and stick w/those you know who do "quality" work... The beta form, etc doesn't work to well on different browsers and fo rthe most part is too slow, times out, etc... The site looks nice, but it does not function in the like it looks. They should take it down and start over, get legit or get out... Sorry, but that is how it is... And for those who say, well, it's only "x" amount of dollars, what do you expect ? I expect to work !
Joshua Carl 6:25 PM - 4 February, 2013
just like the DJ game....

its fucked up by clowns
DJRemixEnt 4:52 PM - 10 February, 2013
just got this in my inbox,

Updates

Over the past few months we've been working on a number of upgrades to the site and our encoding process. Here's what we've been up to and what it means for the DJs.

Upgrades
1. Faster encoding process allowing us to handle more videos.
2. Working on upgrading the system so DJs know the download count.
3. Automated tagging process with no manual typo mistakes in tags and faster workflow.
4. Working on a site re-design to be launch in upcoming months.

Benefits to DJs
1. We're re-encoding all the oldest videos with larger tags and no video preview. This will take about a month as there 1,000+ videos. The old videos will be deleted and replaced.
2. We also found videos in 15 frames/sec. and re-uploading those today and tomorrow.
3. Working on getting more exclusive content (rare, old school classic videos, remixes, intros, mash-ups).

Please feel free to reach out with questions to info@thevideopool.com. We appreciate our loyal DJs and working to make the site the best DJ video service in the industry.
nik39 4:55 PM - 10 February, 2013
What does "the video pool" have to do with Video Toolz?
DJRemixEnt 5:06 PM - 10 February, 2013
Quote:
What does "the video pool" have to do with Video Toolz?

oh shit... good catch.

i thought it was from videotoolz, disregard then
djnak 8:47 PM - 10 February, 2013
they sound just as good as 8th though lol
DJRemixEnt 9:45 PM - 10 February, 2013
Quote:
they sound just as good as 8th though lol

they suck balls... i actually had it out with one of the ppl that works for thevideopool... i havent been with them since 2011, im suprised i even got that email