Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Chroma Capped DDJ-SX

elsupermang 2:18 AM - 29 November, 2012
I know some of you have been wondering. Yes it can be done!! Only did the top eq knobs, I didn't get any of the fat knobs, looks pretty snazzy :-)

www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com
DJCheLu 6:30 AM - 29 November, 2012
That looks dope! Which color gives the best dark club visibility in your opinion?
phatbob 9:43 AM - 29 November, 2012
Cool, people were asking for a picture, so I'm glad you uploaded those!

DJCheLu, I find the ones with the black indicator lines are most visible in a dark club. Would you agree, elsupermang?

And you definitely made the right choice by not ordering the fatty knobs, they sit well above the faceplate.
DJMJChicago 4:51 PM - 29 November, 2012
Well that sucks. Waiting on 4 fatty knobs I ordered for the filters.
ivan zilch 5:25 PM - 29 November, 2012
WOW thanks for posting the pics!

by the way was it hard to remove the original pots? are they those pioneer "P-Lock" that requires some trick to remove?
elsupermang 2:21 PM - 30 November, 2012
Definitely the white caps with black lines are the easiest to see

Here's a pic in the dark under the hue of red LED lights:

www.dropbox.com
elsupermang 2:22 PM - 30 November, 2012
Quote:
Definitely the white caps with black lines are the easiest to see

Here's a pic in the dark under the hue of red LED lights:

www.dropbox.com

The bright yellow ones are also very prominent. Those are the ones in the middle
DJMJChicago 12:12 AM - 1 December, 2012
Got my caps today. Phatbob was right. The fatties DO NOT fit. They will fit the shaft but not sit flush. DJTT confirmed they would fit so I guess I'll try to exchange them. PIA for such a small item.

instagr.am
DJCheLu 12:33 AM - 1 December, 2012
You guys need to stop ordering them and posting pics. They are sold out of the colors i want hahah
phatbob 1:00 AM - 1 December, 2012
Quote:
Got my caps today. Phatbob was right. The fatties DO NOT fit. They will fit the shaft but not sit flush. DJTT confirmed they would fit so I guess I'll try to exchange them. PIA for such a small item.

instagr.am

I originally bought 2 Fattys to use for the filters on the 380. They don't fit on anything I've tried, except certain places on Native Instruments gear (which is obviously what they designed them to fit).

It's annoying because the extra width is great, they'd be well useful if they were taller.

Quote:
You guys need to stop ordering them and posting pics. They are sold out of the colors i want hahah

I ordered another 20 during their Black Friday sale. Once you pop, you can't stop!
SlimDiggedy 4:43 AM - 2 December, 2012
Quote:
I know some of you have been wondering. Yes it can be done!! Only did the top eq knobs, I didn't get any of the fat knobs, looks pretty snazzy :-)

www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com

Where'd you order them from?
DJMJChicago 4:46 AM - 2 December, 2012
akakak 2:29 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:

instagr.am

On the DTT site it says: Knobs/Faders bottom out on surface of controller (fixable)

Did they come back to you on them? They haven't updated the compatibility matrix :(

What about the faders? Do those fit too? I want to replace everything that's replaceable with green ones! So I count 29 knobs and 6 faders. Right?
phatbob 3:44 PM - 13 December, 2012
Some of the knobs I got bottom out a little bit, but only a few. That is easily fixed with a tiny bit of paper or tissue put inside them before attaching.

The fader caps don't fit. The stems are too short.

And yeah, to do everything except the endless beat knobs on the FX is 29 in total.
SH3PARD 3:56 PM - 13 December, 2012
please can we see any pics ?
kabadesu 4:04 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:

instagr.am

When I was looking into doing this with my Twitch I read that all caps sit high on that controller. One person on the djtt forum discovered that you can remove some kind of plug/stopper within the cap, which makes them behave. I've no first hand experience, but its something you could look into. Having said that, I'd hate for you to ruin your caps and not be able to get a refund.
akakak 4:05 PM - 13 December, 2012
So, what do DTT mean by "fixable"? :/ they say the faders are compatible.

I tried to post on their forum, but the interface is so horrible I stabbed myself in the face instead.
kabadesu 4:14 PM - 13 December, 2012
Here's a link to the thread I mentioned above.

forum.djtechtools.com

The how-to is on the last page. It actually looks a bit brutal, but the end result is a lot nicer for the caps on Twitch. Maybe you'd get similar result with the DDJ-SX.
phatbob 5:37 PM - 13 December, 2012
On the Twitch they sit a little high, a few millimetres. You could mess about and make them work.

The fatties on the SX, though, are miles off.

Just stick to the regular Super knobs and you'll be fine.
wizBANG04 10:34 PM - 16 December, 2012
In the first lot of pictures are they the super knobs on the high, mid and low?

What is the easiest way to get the originally knobs off? I just got my DDJ SX and was wanting to spice it up a little with some Chromas. Looks great!
phatbob 10:38 PM - 16 December, 2012
They're all Super Knobs in elsupermang's pictures.

You take the originals off by either gradually working them off by pulling them up, or sliding something like a credit card under them, and I saw someone on the DJTT forum say they used a bit of thin cord.
wizBANG04 10:51 PM - 16 December, 2012
Thanks phatbob. I assume that DJTT are the only place you can get them? I am from Australia so I was unsure as to the availability anywhere else other than the website.
akakak 10:24 AM - 17 December, 2012
I do prefer the fatties, so if anyone has had any success with them, let me know!

And I'm assuming no one switched the pitch controls for faders?
Polanka 8:23 PM - 4 February, 2013
Ohsosmoove 1:16 AM - 15 February, 2013

Polanka,

Did you use the super caps instead of the fatty knobs on the filters, headphone, and monitor knobs? Did you replace the crossfader and pitch as well?
Polanka 5:04 PM - 19 February, 2013
Quote:

Polanka,

Did you use the super caps instead of the fatty knobs on the filters, headphone, and monitor knobs? Did you replace the crossfader and pitch as well?

Yes I used the super caps on the filters, headphone and monitor knobs. I did also replace the pitch and crossfader knobs.
Boutique Sound 1:50 AM - 13 May, 2013
is DDTT's having any sale coming up at all?? i wanted to get the s4 knob package in red but its not even available ... its twice as much ordering knobs individually but they are out of red ... does any one else make colored knobs ... this would be for my numark ns6 but buying a pioneer sx soon ... want all red knobs and faders
phatbob 6:43 AM - 13 May, 2013
They tend to re-stock fairly quickly. I was after some green ones a couple of weeks ago, and they didn't have any, but they're back in stock now. So just hang on and I'm sure they'll have them soon.
DJMJChicago 7:59 PM - 17 July, 2013
Did some mods to the fatties and now they sit flush.

tinypic.com
akakak 6:43 PM - 18 July, 2013
The pitch, faders and crossfader don't sit well on my DDJ-SX. In particular, for the crossfader, it's too grippy for my liking.

For the faders, they kind of move back and forth on the post. Does anyone have advice on how to make them more solid?
prandawg 6:30 AM - 26 December, 2014
Quote:
Did some mods to the fatties and now they sit flush.

tinypic.com

How did you mod the fatties?
DJMJChicago 4:52 AM - 3 January, 2015
Took a small flat head screwdriver and delicately chipped away at the standoff inside the cap. It took some time but I didn't have a dremel tool available.