Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Stolen DDJ SX

djMrB 4:59 AM - 25 November, 2012
So heres the gossip
(i already got a refund and waiting for my local GC to get more so i can buy me another one)

I pre ordered the DDJ sx through GC.com and hit the "ship the store" button. Sure enough 5 days after the release i called them and they said it was close (i never got a tracking #). So i called the store the next day and they let me know the package had already been delivered TO MY HOUSE!!
Needless to say; i didnt get anything
Tracking number said DELIVERED TO FRONT DOOR according to gc.com

I asked around the block and noone ha it by accident or anything a week later i got a refund since the package couldnt be found; that means someone stole it off my front door; now that worries me because my neighborhood is quiet and calm an this had never happened before

My question is:
Is there a way to track the crook/crooks that took it ? Maybe when they install the software or connect to the internet with the controller plugged?or will pionner just wont care?
I would be interested in catching those Motherf@"@&$ because i hate those kind of people
yeahdef 6:36 AM - 25 November, 2012
file a report with the company that delivered it and with guitar center. be polite on the phone and explain the situation. that's the best you can hope for.
DJ Baby Raj 6:39 AM - 25 November, 2012
How did they just give a refund? They believed you? I would think they would call BS since it said delivered. And why would they just leave a package like that you would think GC would ask for a signature for that.

If it's that easy to get a refund anyone can say their package was stolen when it's actually not... Thats crazy.
longshot 10:45 AM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
How did they just give a refund? They believed you? I would think they would call BS since it said delivered. And why would they just leave a package like that you would think GC would ask for a signature for that.

If it's that easy to get a refund anyone can say their package was stolen when it's actually not... Thats crazy.

If the package was delivered without a confirmed signature, who would really know what happend to the shipment after it was left by the door. I have arrive home plenty of times to packages left by UPS or Fedex without anyone being asked for a signature.

For situations like this one, shipping insurance was invented. Luckily the red tape for the refund was minimal.

It's just sad that the mixup and someones low morals cost him a delay in getting his SX.
Code:E 11:27 AM - 25 November, 2012
I worked in retail for years and what you are asking about tracking the unit, yes it could be done but most likely not by you. QC would have an invoice from there supplire with the serial numbers of each unit being shipped to them. they could easily find out which one was suppose to be shipped to you. If they gave that info serato they could see if anyone has registered that unit. But there huge international legal issues with sharing.

I wouldn't be surprise if your unit actually showed up at the store. Some sales guy there sold it to his buddy then told you it was sent to your door. Made up the story up.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:46 PM - 25 November, 2012
You already got the refund, let it go, or it might become a more headache to you.
djMrB 4:13 PM - 25 November, 2012
My neighborhood is really quietan safe(one of the reasons why i live here) so i would hate it becoming something else, if the crooks were caught they wouldnt want to do it again...
djMrB 4:18 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:

Why wouldnt they believe me? Its not like someone signed for it?
Ive had to sign for 20-50$ stuff and this 1k item they decide to leave it outside? On top of it not even been supposed to be delivered to my house.... I never got a shipping notice nor a tracking.... Love GC but i will boycut their website, thanks to them i still cant play with it even after weeks of it being released :(
elsupermang 5:00 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Why wouldnt they believe me? Its not like someone signed for it?
Ive had to sign for 20-50$ stuff and this 1k item they decide to leave it outside? On top of it not even been supposed to be delivered to my house.... I never got a shipping notice nor a tracking.... Love GC but i will boycut their website, thanks to them i still cant play with it even after weeks of it being released :(

Cant trust any body man. I returned a Rane 62 via Amazon's return. Apparently my return never made it back to Amazon. Had to wait about a month and a half before I called them up for a return since the tracking status was not updating. Regardless I got my refund right away so kudos to Amazon.

If i lived in a home I would install cameras at all the entrances minimum and record it to DVR in a safe place. Never know when it will come in handy.
elsupermang 5:02 PM - 25 November, 2012
Also when I got my SSX it was not packaged in any box, just the SX box. If yours was sitting out in the front porch it would be a tempting target for thieves seeing as the contents are displayed prominently on the box.
Dave The One 5:14 PM - 25 November, 2012
Be careful; whoever has that unit will be caught. Don't be surprised if detectives or underwriters come knocking on your door.
djMrB 5:16 PM - 25 November, 2012
Inwish they did cuz its a high follar item
Dave The One 5:23 PM - 25 November, 2012
So did you order another unit?
djMrB 5:25 PM - 25 November, 2012
Yeah but theyre back ordered or something like that
Dave The One 5:35 PM - 25 November, 2012
Something like that. Ok.

You should finish your profile here on the forums and provide some geographical information. If I were serato or pioneer you'd be the first person i'd look at. If I were Serato I'd hand over the IP address of anyone suddenly posting something like this.
djMrB 5:45 PM - 25 November, 2012
Cool i guess i went from victim to criminal in no time great
djMrB 5:48 PM - 25 November, 2012
In case you dont know all gc stores ran out of them and so did pioneer so pioneer is shipping out mOre but its taking a while, my rep at gc has one ordered for me and several others for other dj's also
Im in austin tx by the way and it doesnt worry me one bit that you dont believe me but i understand where youre coming from
Dave The One 5:53 PM - 25 November, 2012
Not at all, you should provide further information about yourself and the area as well as call your local law enforcement agency to file a report for stolen property which you can do even though you received a refund. I happen to know a thing or two about situations like yours :) and in fact can put you in touch with with the proper authorities to handle this.

I recently worked at brooklyns guitar center (You'd be quite surprised in what capacity) and they had them in stock while i was there and they are showing in stock online as well.
djMrB 5:57 PM - 25 November, 2012
Well the ones around me dont have any at all and my rep from gc pro has one for me like i said so im just waiting for it. That sounds like a good idea tho maybe more police patrolling wouldnt hirt my area.
Im new to the forum thats why i have not filled a lot of infor but i will eventully im sure i will have tons of questions once i get to play with my new toy
Dave The One 6:10 PM - 25 November, 2012
Best of luck; I encourage you to reach out to your local police department. Perhaps you can establish or help them identify a burglary or robbery crime pattern that is either ongoing or beginning in your area.
djMrB 6:12 PM - 25 November, 2012
Thank u man and trust me i will
lvmez 10:38 PM - 25 November, 2012
Quote:
Something like that. Ok.

You should finish your profile here on the forums and provide some geographical information. If I were serato or pioneer you'd be the first person i'd look at. If I were Serato I'd hand over the IP address of anyone suddenly posting something like this.

lol. your watching too many cop shows on tv. are you a mall cop? those take there work serious.
Marv Incredible 11:38 PM - 25 November, 2012
^ I was thinking along the same lines
Dave The One 11:58 PM - 25 November, 2012
LOL; funny; Mall cop? No; Do I take my work seriously;? Yes, actually I do.

Hey I could be wrong; It's just that most people that are robbed or burglarized don't normally create a profile and post to a forum and ask if the person could be tracked if plugging the unit in.

Something like this happened to me last year with a guitar that I ordered, I reported it to UPS, called guitar center and the police department. The package was actually delivered 3 hours later. It seems that the UPS guy marked it as delivered and either decided to keep my package or wanted to make it look like he was on schedule and said the package was delivered when in fact it was not. I called everyone back to report what happened.

I acted quickly and the package ended up at my door; PS; Guitar Center delivered another one fedex overnight after I had already reported to them the preceding night that the package arrived. They went the extra mile and I was happy to work with them to get the other guitar back to them.
lvmez 12:20 AM - 26 November, 2012
djMrB 12:20 AM - 26 November, 2012
Fyi Dave indint create the proule to post this thread i created it to download serato dj an start messing with it while i get my unit.
djMrB 12:21 AM - 26 November, 2012
Funkytownstopsix 2:17 PM - 26 November, 2012
I am in law enforcement and trained to look at things in many different ways,,,,,, so I get home and I find my new ddj sx in the bushes I didn't have to sign for it and I should have.. In this case I could call and say I did not receive the package and keep the product. Today since technology has come so far I would be worried about if I registered would I get caught... so I would come out and ask a few people to see what they say before I tried to register it. Not saying this was the case but surly it could happen. .

Now what do you do with the extra sx since you might get caught if you registered, well you could use it as a backup. :) I mean after all the smart thing to do is to buy another register it, the only thing you will have to do with the other is update to firmware. Like I said I am trained to see things from all aspects... :) I could give to shits as long as they gave me my money back, if worried then install cameras, I have mine and they helped me with one such case. As a matter of fact I sit at work and watch them when I have packages delivered once I see the come to the front door I call my neighbor if not home. Very helpful cameras are.
Funkytownstopsix 2:20 PM - 26 November, 2012
LOL,,, I just told somebody how to work the system..... BAD BAD BAD..... fudge I take it all back.
djMrB 2:51 PM - 26 November, 2012
Well like u said my neighborhood is pretty quiet and calm all families and no gang activity so i had not been thinking of setting up a security surveillance system i see where you two are coming from and i respect that since this is a public forum and anybody can give their opinion. But in my case im a very honest guy trying to find out how or who did this and if i should be worried for future deliveries because i receive a lot of stuff i order from amazon, ebay etc

Calling my GC Pro rep today to check on my unit!
Funkytownstopsix 4:50 PM - 26 November, 2012
For the record people in nice and quite neighborhoods steal too!!! But I don't have to tell you that.
djMrB 4:53 PM - 26 November, 2012
Well yeah but it had never happenend. Like one guy said bfore maybe it was not packaged corrctly and they only placed labels on the original box and it was an eye catcher idk
But who knows?
Funkytownstopsix 5:09 PM - 26 November, 2012
KIDS
djMrB 5:35 PM - 26 November, 2012
Most likely
Holden Caulfield 9:19 AM - 27 November, 2012
I have 2 $99 Izon streaming cameras in my window at home. I get about 15 packages a day for my lighting and gear company, so It alerts me when it sees movement on the porch, or driveway. Wherever I am, I can see my house live on my iphone.

When I'm waiting on expensive stuff, this really eases my mind.

I get shipments of $15,000 worth of lights from China with no signature, and depending on the driver, DHL can get just plain lazy and leave them in the middle of the driveway.

I got home 3 days ago to find my 2 new Bose subs right on my front lawn. My fill in UPS driver is a dude who fears dogs of any size, so he wont come up to our porch. We have an 8 LB Yorkie, and this guy screams like a bitch when my dog comes running to say hi. I always make fun of him, because he once gave me the oh so stereotypical explaination that "he once had a bad experience with a dog"..... right... sure you did!

I see that stuff all the time man, I ride my Harley down the road just kickin' it, and see all the stuff UPS dropped off on people's porches. My neighborhood is pretty cool though. This summer when I was on vacation, I had a new Macbook pro show up that I forgot about, and 3 weeks later it was still there in it's pretty apple box with no wrapper.

My biggest fear is the high school kids that all walk by when the school lets out every day.
One day when I'm not fast enough to get home, someone's gonna' have themselves a field day.

I'd set up a cam and bait the little bastards. Go to guitar center and grab a cool assed box out of the dumpster. Display it prominently, then wait for the fun! When you catch him, Pull some reservoir Dogs action on his ass!
Bryan Stormer 9:27 AM - 27 November, 2012
Well, in France we don't have this problem. No delivery company will drop anything in front of your house. If you want your item, and if it doesn't fit in your mailbox, you have to be present at your house when the package is delivered to sign a delivery paper.
If you are not here, depending on the company, you can get your package at the nearest post office or you can set another appointment at your home.
longshot 7:39 PM - 27 November, 2012
Just got home to find my delivery from a large electronics distributor in front of my door. The box had the stores name all over it, and anyone willing to take the chance would prob snatch this box up out of the 3 boxes delivered. They would have found that they just stole a $440 iPad mini.

Delivery insurance unfortunately has become a necessity.
djMrB 10:29 PM - 5 December, 2012
Got my ddjsx last weekend and set it up monday but only messed around with it for a lil bit
Already oppened a thread on the mic functions i didnt like, pls check it out and help me out

Im keeping my dns1200's with djm400 setup for now til i get used to this new baby
Qoolee Kid 7:52 PM - 7 December, 2012
I'm assuming they deliver the SX without putting it in another shipping box to conceal any identification of what the item is. Somebody strolling along, see the Pioneer box, walks up, picks it up, runs away. Always do a delivery notification and signature.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:04 AM - 8 December, 2012
Quote:
I'm assuming they deliver the SX without putting it in another shipping box to conceal any identification of what the item is. Somebody strolling along, see the Pioneer box, walks up, picks it up, runs away. Always do a delivery notification and signature.

Mine was in a secondary box. Everthing i bought from agiprodj was double boxed.

instagr.am
longshot 12:09 AM - 8 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Mine was in a secondary box. Everthing i bought from agiprodj was double boxed.

instagr.am

Mine arrived in a secondary box as well from Musiciansfriend.com.
Qoolee Kid 6:56 PM - 8 December, 2012
Mine did as well from AMS. maybe it was just bad luck then. But at least he got a refund.
djMrB 1:13 AM - 10 May, 2013
Update
Got my refund and neer found the lost/stolen one
Super happy with it too
LOve the new software update!!!