Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

need help on this one...

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ Lune 7:18 PM - 17 May, 2008
....what's autofill overviews??
Konix 7:53 PM - 17 May, 2008
With that option checked it will build the overview on the fly when you load a song.
DJ Lune 3:06 PM - 20 May, 2008
so basically when i download a song and put it on one of my crate, i dont have to disconnect the interface in order to drag my song to the overview, it would read it automatically?
cappinkirk 5:00 PM - 20 May, 2008
If you load the song it will start filling the overview if "autofill overviews" is checked.

If you pick another song before it is finished then it will stop building the overview until the previously selected track is selected again.
DJ Lune 5:59 PM - 20 May, 2008
ok thank u. i have one more question: how can i record a live mix on my serato, in other words: can i record my live mix using serato?
cappinkirk 6:27 PM - 20 May, 2008
I'm assuming you don't have a TTM57...

if you just have the box one janky way is to plug your outs into your aux (mic input) and record that (mic channel). Otherwise there are lots of ways to record using other methods but I'm assuming that you are talking about with no other hardware or software other than SSL.

If you do have a TTM-57 then pretend I did a facepalm and made an obnoxious RTFM comment.
DJ Lune 8:20 PM - 20 May, 2008
no i dont have the TTM-57, i dont even know whats a TTM-57 is, if the TTM-57 is the built in serato mixer then no i dont have that. i have the Behringer DXJ-700. but i'll do what u told me to do. thank u.