Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

rane sl2 not reconized by windows 8

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Damus 12:50 AM - 18 November, 2012
When will Rane have the updated software for windows 8?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:30 PM - 19 November, 2012
Hey Damus,

The update will need to come from Serato.. not Rane.
They are working on it but I do not have an ETA.
You will need to use Windows 7 or earlier for now.
Energy500 1:03 PM - 20 November, 2012
hey,

i found a way, to use Serato SL2 with Windows 8.

You have to install driver and dongle manually.

Example for Windows 8 64bit:

1. install the Asio Driver:

"installed Serato folder"/ASIO/64/SL2/RaneAsioSl2x64Setup.exe -> open and install

2. install the dongle:

"installed Serato folder"/Windows 7-64bit/sl2/SL2usb.inf ->rightclick -> choose Install

Sorry for my bad english:) this way worked for me with two Windows 8 PCs. don´t know if there any Problems with this way, got my Serato just today :)
Energy500 1:05 PM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
hey,

i found a way, to use Serato SL2 with Windows 8.

You have to install driver and dongle manually.

Example for Windows 8 64bit:

1. install the Asio Driver:

"installed Serato folder"/ASIO/64/SL2/RaneAsioSl2x64Setup.exe -> open and install

2. install the dongle:

"installed Serato folder"/Windows 7-64bit/sl2/SL2usb.inf ->rightclick -> choose Install

Sorry for my bad english:) this way worked for me with two Windows 8 PCs. don´t know if there any Problems with this way, got my Serato just today :)

forgot to say ScratchLive Version is 2.4.3
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:28 PM - 20 November, 2012
Hey Energy,

Thanks for your post:)
Although you may have got the driver installed I would still be weary about using SSL on Windows 8 as there are probably other issues relating to the software working.
Socorro 11:44 PM - 26 November, 2012
I have a question in regards to this also...i have windows 7 currently on my computer, but wanted to upgrade to windows 8 while the price is still not too bad..however, i had previous issues with my SL1 and being compatible for my current computer, which is why I upgraded to an sl2....i wanted to know before doing this, would sl2 work on my computer assuming that I run serato scratch live software on my computer in compatibility mode with windows 7? does this question make sense? any help would be appreciated
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:48 PM - 26 November, 2012
Do not update to Windows 8 yet. Even in compatibility mode it may not work properly.
Just wait until Serato puts out an update.
Socorro 11:54 PM - 26 November, 2012
Thanks for the response! I know this is forward thinking, but what are the chances that sl2 will actually be compatible? or are there any thoughts on needing to upgrade soon? I was just curious since I just recently upgraded to sl2
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:52 AM - 27 November, 2012
The SL2 is pretty much brand new and will be compatible with many OSs for years to come.
DJ Unique 3:39 AM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
I have a question in regards to this also...i have windows 7 currently on my computer, but wanted to upgrade to windows 8 while the price is still not too bad..however, i had previous issues with my SL1 and being compatible for my current computer, which is why I upgraded to an sl2....i wanted to know before doing this, would sl2 work on my computer assuming that I run serato scratch live software on my computer in compatibility mode with windows 7? does this question make sense? any help would be appreciated

I say buy the Windows 8 but don't install until Serato releases proper support.
Socorro 4:54 AM - 27 November, 2012
hi,
thank you both for your responses! i greatly appreciate it...looking forward to the new updates for windows 8.