Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Microphone quality

DJ NoNseNse 9:04 AM - 8 November, 2012
How are the mic inputs on the ddj-sx?
yeahdef 4:58 PM - 8 November, 2012
They sound good enough in my experience, but they are direct output. No effects - only EQ and filter.
Professor.Tech 7:28 PM - 8 November, 2012
was i doing something wrong because mines sounded distorted
DjMirage 8:39 PM - 8 November, 2012
I had to reduce the volume of the microphone before the quality was good.
Edward Ruschell 1:18 AM - 10 November, 2012
I use a TTM57 And was able to get my hands on this for the weekend. The mic output is nothing compared to the 57. That's just what I'm used to. So to answer the question. The mic output on the DDJ SX is not all that great compared to a 57, but works.
Dj Wunder 2:30 AM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
I had to reduce the volume of the microphone before the quality was good.

Where did you reduce volume? The gain dial on the mic itself? on the reciever? trim on the DDJ-SX?
DjMirage 2:49 PM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
Where did you reduce volume? The gain dial on the mic itself? on the reciever? trim on the DDJ-SX?

Wireless mic receiver. Had to turn them way down. The mic trim on the board won't help because in my case it was already distorting.
Dj Wunder 4:45 PM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Wireless mic receiver. Had to turn them way down. The mic trim on the board won't help because in my case it was already distorting.

That's what I was thinking. If you're clipping on the receiver it wouldn't matter what board you were running through