Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

C'mon people. Stop nagging like selfish people.

Chris Beckler 2:10 AM - 6 November, 2012
I'm following this new forumsection while waiting for mine to arrive. But this section has already exploded with nagging from alot of people and everyday new topics are created about things people want or start crying about something missing.

For devs, this must be really depressing, the continuous nagging with 1000's of topics about what someone wants. Version 1.0 comes out, people go: YEEEEEEY, now I want this and that for 1.1 and I want it NOW. Serato when, when when.... pls, tell use. Why is serato so quiet. Why wont serato release information. Blablabla... It looks like some people just buy a controller because then they have the newest thing, then they see alot it missing that they had before and start spamming and crying because they cannot use the controller the way they wanted like they did with their old controller and Itch.

C'mon people, for sure they worked hard on this new version, they LISTENED to people asking for better effects, incluiding me. You got it, you asked for Video in ITCH, you got it and its from day one added in Serato DJ. If it wasnt, people would have already started nagging about it missing.

It is sad to see some people will never be pleased and are selfish because they want ONE feature that is missing that they want to use and they want it NOW and start spamming other topics about it and then start a new topic about it and DEMAND answers from Serato.

Then go back to your old setup and stay with Itch until SeratoDJ has more features that you need. It is a first release of something new and from the beginning it was known some features were cut. But please, give them a break. I'm even starting to feel bad for them to go trough a forum every day and see so many people whining about features. I would just say F*ck this and I'm going home.

I understand people want new things, but dont act as they are your slave, like "Demanding answers"

They created a new Feature request-section, but it will only be a day or two before that will explode and it will become a mess and you cant see the trees in the forest anymore.

Please keep it clean and friendly.

I just really wanted to say things since I follow this forum more then a year and see it all happening again.
DjFuentes82 2:24 AM - 6 November, 2012
+10000
Agreed
It's the same story all over again, you got people buying a controller for what they think or want IT to do rather than what it does.
If they only spent more time practicing rather than nagging they wouldn't need all those extra features.
Work with what u got!!!!
VJ Justin Allen 2:43 AM - 6 November, 2012
+1 as well.
DJMJChicago 3:37 AM - 6 November, 2012
+1

Calm down or go back to Itch in the meantime. 100s of posts complaining and very few praising the parts that DO work.
DJ Baby Raj 5:52 AM - 6 November, 2012
Where's autoplay?? lol jk... I agree whenever anything new comes out you always hear the bad over the good...

Give it up to the Serato Team for their hard work, they will never disappoint!
BadBoyChubs 12:09 PM - 6 November, 2012
I must have to Admit again, the AutoGain after you analyze tracks is GREAT!!!

After i analyzed my tracks over in Serato DJ. I played a gig and didnt have to mess around with my Gain as offten. It showed a big difference in Itch. Tracks that i knew was too high, was average. i normally use to open SSL and adjust the gains and then open itch.
haze324 1:38 PM - 6 November, 2012
+1000

Hats off to the Serato dev team for their hardwork and the bullsh!t they listen to here.
jroc453 2:52 PM - 6 November, 2012
+1
DJ Booga 3:27 PM - 6 November, 2012
+1 agreed.
dj jamalot 10:42 PM - 9 November, 2012
They are just spoiled they want it right now... I remember lugging crates to the club and they complain about their lap top bag being too heavy lol.
DjFuentes82 1:40 AM - 10 November, 2012
Quote:
They are just spoiled they want it right now... I remember lugging crates to the club and they complain about their lap top bag being too heavy lol.

LOL
BadBoyChubs 4:49 PM - 10 November, 2012
my big bro was a dj in the 80's and he is really happy for the digital age, cause the amount of music of so much genre, it will make it harder. u might need a trailer truck to carry jus ur hip hop crates because of the amount music.

Be real can u image buy vinyl to keep up with todays music, u would have to be a billionaire. Being a DJ would be a company with several employees. with the DJ beiing the boss and have a truck driver to transport ur music , a marketing team, a research team, etc.

so thank god for Itunes and a laptop!
dj jamalot 4:57 PM - 10 November, 2012
Quote:
my big bro was a dj in the 80's and he is really happy for the digital age, cause the amount of music of so much genre, it will make it harder. u might need a trailer truck to carry jus ur hip hop crates because of the amount music.

Be real can u image buy vinyl to keep up with todays music, u would have to be a billionaire. Being a DJ would be a company with several employees. with the DJ beiing the boss and have a truck driver to transport ur music , a marketing team, a research team, etc.

Yea chubbs I was a dj in the 80's I still have a storage unit full of vinyl (One day i will let it go) And I have long embraced the Digital age I carry last count 40,000 tracks in itunes and over 1.5TB of music video and i'm 50 years old and still rockin clubs i have learned to be patient it will come along if not make do people have it wayyy to ez these days most have never counted a record for the BPM with a manual counter like we had to I just laff & think back and thank god i'm still here doing what i love.
BadBoyChubs 5:12 PM - 10 November, 2012
I agree with one think for sure learn the basics let counting bpm, it takes time but I remember 1st time mixing on vinyls and trying to mix 2 tracks and it was a great feeling to get the bpm right and mixing smoothly for a clean transition. it is lot of work no wonder my bro had some bmps written down on his vinyls!
DJdaveZ 5:35 PM - 10 November, 2012
agree... but you know this is the internet right?
mr187 8:54 PM - 10 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yea chubbs I was a dj in the 80's I still have a storage unit full of vinyl (One day i will let it go) And I have long embraced the Digital age I carry last count 40,000 tracks in itunes and over 1.5TB of music video and i'm 50 years old and still rockin clubs i have learned to be patient it will come along if not make do people have it wayyy to ez these days most have never counted a record for the BPM with a manual counter like we had to I just laff & think back and thank god i'm still here doing what i love.

that was the dayz I used to use a watch to calculae my bmp's and write them on the album sleeve. lol :)
djcruz99 2:54 PM - 11 November, 2012
Chris, I agree with most of what you said but I do want to point out that Serato removed 2 great features from itch. Typically, when you "upgrade" software you keep the good and upgrade the bad.

1 Auto play - a must for wedding DJ's. I didn't realize that they removed it until after I got the unit.
2 Day/Night mode - Not used very often, but very very handy when DJing outside.

Just for the record, I haven't started any topics or bitched about it. I am assuming Serato will put auto play and day night mode back in. Maybe they didn't have time to put everything back in , so they started with the basics and will put back in as they go.

In serato's defense, this is a Ver 1 release, so in essence, they are s"tarting over". I am hopeful that Serato will quickly put auto play back in. That is very important for those of us that do Weddings.
XRM5 2:05 AM - 12 November, 2012
Serato is "starting over" after a couple of really iffy years across the board.
Jam-Master Jake 5:15 AM - 13 November, 2012
Agreed that Serato DJ is an amazing step forward from Itch...and I'm just using it in Offline Mode to prep tracks right now!

With that being said, I think there were a few things that were foolishly left out from the 1.0 release that I hope are returned soon, including Autoplay (which I only use for bathroom breaks), Day/Night Mode, a few missing view modes, and general support for the existing Itch controllers.

I'm guessing that a bunch of missing features will return in DJ 1.1 or 1.5 (something like that). And we all know that support for existing Itch controllers (minus the bastard ones that have been disowned) is all coming in 4-6 months.

All in all, it's a great step forward and I applaud Serato for what they've done, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the software!