Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Odyssey Flight/Glide Case with DDJ-SX (Or other cases)

DeedupDex 9:38 PM - 5 November, 2012
Does anyone have this setup:
youtu.be

Question 1:
Does the slide table get in the way of the FX section up top? (It looks like it does on the video)

Please share your pics or any other information regarding other hard cases avail with the DDJ-SX. I know not alot have them yet but anything would help thanks!
dj-freestyle 9:44 PM - 5 November, 2012
Odyssey told my gc pro rep they are gonna redesign next batch of cases.
PlugBeta 9:47 PM - 5 November, 2012
Yes, I do. No it does not, as you may or may not know - the glide case shelving is capable of sliding completely off, and you are able to slide it back as far back as possible before it coming off with it remaining sturdy and taught, to answer your question no it does not get in the way.

I rate this case a 10/10 for this controller and the controller fits snug within the case, very nice.
DeedupDex 11:11 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Odyssey told my gc pro rep they are gonna redesign next batch of cases.

Thanks for the info Free!

Quote:
Yes, I do. No it does not, as you may or may not know - the glide case shelving is capable of sliding completely off, and you are able to slide it back as far back as possible before it coming off with it remaining sturdy and taught, to answer your question no it does not get in the way.

I rate this case a 10/10 for this controller and the controller fits snug within the case, very nice.

Sweet! Does it have some sort of stop where it will prevent it from accidentally completely falling off by accident? Never had an Odyssey before. Thanks for the quick replies guys
PlugBeta 11:40 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:

Sweet! Does it have some sort of stop where it will prevent it from accidentally completely falling off by accident? Never had an Odyssey before. Thanks for the quick replies guys

Ok, so when I bought this case along with my SX's (It was a combo deal from a LOCAL retailer, luckily enough for me :D) - that was something that concerned me, but the case had good reviews and what not so I went ahead with it.

When you pull it outwards, yes it slides right out BUT, it's angled so that way when there is weight on it it basically like stops it from siding back if that makes any sense?

For example - I have my APC 40 and my laptop on the shelf and I have NEVER experienced the shelf moving forward or outward while I am typing (I have typed both these replies to you with it sitting on my shelf :D) or using my apc 40, in order to move the shelf when theres even the slightest of weight on it you need to like lift up and move it, which is really nice how they designed it.

Just for future purposes, reassuring security and whatever else - I thought of an idea that you might like yourself if you end up getting this, you know those push lock pins? Such as on an umbrella, it's a circular locking mechanism that you push it in and then slide the umbrella down to close it, and when you push the piece up to open the umbrella, the little thing you push in also locks it in place? I was going to weld one of those on the outer sleeve of the case and then drill the whole at the like tip of the shelves tracks so i can just push it open as far as possible basically before it comes off and it will stay locked with the little push lock :D.

Well, sorry for all the extra gibberish, I'm just very aware of what it's like when you're not sure of buying something because of basic concerns :D hope this answered your question(s)!

Cheers!
DeedupDex 6:19 AM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, so when I bought this case along with my SX's (It was a combo deal from a LOCAL retailer, luckily enough for me :D) - that was something that concerned me, but the case had good reviews and what not so I went ahead with it.

When you pull it outwards, yes it slides right out BUT, it's angled so that way when there is weight on it it basically like stops it from siding back if that makes any sense?

For example - I have my APC 40 and my laptop on the shelf and I have NEVER experienced the shelf moving forward or outward while I am typing (I have typed both these replies to you with it sitting on my shelf :D) or using my apc 40, in order to move the shelf when theres even the slightest of weight on it you need to like lift up and move it, which is really nice how they designed it.

Just for future purposes, reassuring security and whatever else - I thought of an idea that you might like yourself if you end up getting this, you know those push lock pins? Such as on an umbrella, it's a circular locking mechanism that you push it in and then slide the umbrella down to close it, and when you push the piece up to open the umbrella, the little thing you push in also locks it in place? I was going to weld one of those on the outer sleeve of the case and then drill the whole at the like tip of the shelves tracks so i can just push it open as far as possible basically before it comes off and it will stay locked with the little push lock :D.

Well, sorry for all the extra gibberish, I'm just very aware of what it's like when you're not sure of buying something because of basic concerns :D hope this answered your question(s)!

Cheers!

Thank you Plug! You explained it perfectly. That Idea of a push pin lock is a good idea. Maybe even some sort of quick disconnect device. Thanks for taking the time!
jroc453 3:38 PM - 6 November, 2012
Thank god!!! I bought this case on Friday and should have it this week. So glad it fits ok!!!
lawrence567 3:40 PM - 6 November, 2012
Just picked myself up the UDG U1904 i think it is, bag for the DDJ-SX.
dj-freestyle 4:49 PM - 6 November, 2012
Found a odyseey case today thank god.
PlugBeta 5:37 PM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:

Thank you Plug! You explained it perfectly. That Idea of a push pin lock is a good idea. Maybe even some sort of quick disconnect device. Thanks for taking the time!

Not a problem, I hope jroc and yourself enjoy it!
Serato, Support
Scott S 4:39 AM - 8 November, 2012
Moved to the General Discussion threads :)

Scott
4:39 AM, 8 Nov 2012
Discussion moved to Serato DJ General Discussion
djandyb86 3:27 PM - 9 November, 2012
Which soft bags are best for this controller? I have it arriving soon and still can't choose. The dimensions on all existing ones seem a bit tight.. Between the Pioneer SC1, the UDG S1/T1 bag and the magma xl bag.... Does anyone have any experience in these with the ddj-sx or can recommend one that fits?
PlugBeta 3:39 PM - 9 November, 2012
Quote:
Which soft bags are best for this controller? I have it arriving soon and still can't choose. The dimensions on all existing ones seem a bit tight.. Between the Pioneer SC1, the UDG S1/T1 bag and the magma xl bag.... Does anyone have any experience in these with the ddj-sx or can recommend one that fits?

Hey andy, try looking on YouTube because I know for a fact I saw a case review of some sort for the DDJ-SX's by some retailer store (I believe all the cases were Odyssey) and I know they had a soft bag that was the best for the DDJ-SX, so check out YouTube.
djandyb86 9:32 PM - 9 November, 2012
ah cool thanks!! I will have a look..... Seems a bit silly that they've launched all of this with such fanfare yet not got any bag makers on board!! Odyssey is quite hard to get hold of in the uk but I can still look... got any links?
longshot 10:00 PM - 9 November, 2012
Quote:
ah cool thanks!! I will have a look..... Seems a bit silly that they've launched all of this with such fanfare yet not got any bag makers on board!! Odyssey is quite hard to get hold of in the uk but I can still look... got any links?

This is the bag I have. Pulled the NS6 out and dropped the DDJ-SX in,and PERFECT!

odysseycases.com
dj jamalot 10:30 PM - 9 November, 2012
here i s my ns7 case -NS7 still gotta add the foam but it never leaves the club for now...
dj jamalot 10:30 PM - 9 November, 2012
Quote:
here i s my ns7 case -NS7 still gotta add the foam but it never leaves the club for now...

i879.photobucket.com
Killa Party 3:14 AM - 15 November, 2012
Swan Flight took on board my feedback and released a flight case with laptop shelf for £182 plus £14 Delivery in UK. Mines on order

www.swanflight.co.uk

Hope this helps
djdisbjohn 3:38 PM - 15 November, 2012
I have the odyssey ddj-sx glidestyle flight case. There is a stop to prevent the shelf from coming off. Here's a video of the case that my boy did with my case.

Watchwww.youtube.com
djdisbjohn 3:39 PM - 15 November, 2012
There are variations in the first batch of cases made for the ddj-sx. I had one where slight modifications had to be made to make it fit. I didn't want to wait for another case, so I went ahead and did the mods myself.
Qoolee Kid 7:05 PM - 15 November, 2012
I contacted Odyssey that they should release a SX case that doesn't come with the laptop shelf. They replied with "keep in mind that we can make custom cases to your personal preference."