Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

different problems...

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
molly dk 1:59 PM - 3 November, 2012
Hi there,

just got my new pioneer ddj sx with serato dj.... i can only say it is very confusing compare to vestax vci 380 that i also have.

problem 1. how do i tjeck if i have the latest firmware, and how do i uptate on my mac book pro?

problem 2. how do i adjust the jogwheel (loosen up, so they can spin back more?

Problem 3. how do i activate the velocity, because it dosent work when i push harder.

problem 4. does the rubber botton not light up when u put sounds in the sp6 player, like vci 380?

Problem 5. u have 3 on buttons on the fx1 fx2 but only the first on button lights up whwn you push it down, it is the same thing in each side (fx´2, fx2)

It look more like a firmware, software problem then problems with the unit ddj sx

please help anybody.......

greetings from molly
dj-freestyle 2:15 PM - 3 November, 2012
Firmware is done at pioneer website and there are instructions there.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:20 PM - 3 November, 2012
Number 2. There is no tension adjust on the pionner unit.
dj-freestyle 2:22 PM - 3 November, 2012
Very true just touch adjust
Asu 2:40 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
Firmware is done at pioneer website and there are instructions there.

Latest firmware is available for download...go to the pioneer website and please read the manual lol
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:21 PM - 7 November, 2012
Hi molly dk,

I'll help explain a few of these questions that haven't already been addressed.

Problem 3. how do i activate the velocity, because it dosent work when i push harder.

This is something that will be fixed shortly, Currently the velocity is not fully operational. A new firmware update will address this.

problem 4. does the rubber botton not light up when u put sounds in the sp6 player, like vci 380?

That is functioning the way it should.

Problem 5. u have 3 on buttons on the fx1 fx2 but only the first on button lights up whwn you push it down, it is the same thing in each side (fx´2, fx2)

This will be fixed in the new firmware update.

Hope that clears some things up,

Matt P
9:00 PM, 21 Nov 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.