Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

re scanning files crash serato no ardware connected just eternal hd

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ.T.BOOGIE 4:49 PM - 1 November, 2012
Scratch LIVE_2012-11-01-120416_dj-t-rock-s-MacBook-Pro.crash
4:50 PM, 1 Nov 2012
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: Scratch LIVE_2012-11-01-124931_dj-t-rock-s-MacBook-Pro.crash
Download· Permalink
4:51 PM, 1 Nov 2012
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: Scratch LIVE_2012-11-01-120416_dj-t-rock-s-MacBook-Pro.crash
Download· Permalink
DJ.T.BOOGIE 4:53 PM - 1 November, 2012
can someone tell me whats causing my crash have two gigs tomorrow and a homecoming saturday. thanks
DJ.T.BOOGIE 4:56 PM - 1 November, 2012
also serato ran fine yesterday at halloween party..and last fridays gig was flawless as well maybe a bad file but everytime i restart it crash with a different song at bottom so i'm lost.
4:57 PM, 1 Nov 2012
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: Scratch LIVE_2012-11-01-125428_dj-t-rock-s-MacBook-Pro.crash
Download· Permalink
5:06 PM, 1 Nov 2012
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: Scratch LIVE_2012-11-01-130058_dj-t-rock-s-MacBook-Pro.crash
Download· Permalink
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:06 PM - 1 November, 2012
please help
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:19 PM - 1 November, 2012
Hey T.Boogie,

I would suggest forcing SSL to analyze all your files by holding down the ctrl key and clicking on the 'analyze files' tab.
Once its done analyzing look through your 'all' section and delete ANY corrupt files found.

If it crashes when analyzing files please read this article and do what is suggested -->serato.com
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:25 PM - 1 November, 2012
will do thanks again for te elp .it's highly appreciated..
just was rebuilding my database and removing dupes..will re-analyze now
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:28 PM - 1 November, 2012
sorry ..gotta clean cpu..
h is actin up
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:31 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
sorry ..gotta clean cpu..
h is actin up

That would be a good first step if you're noticing a slow OS outside of SSL.
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:37 PM - 1 November, 2012
not OS just keyboard .OS works fine for some reason i cant record mixes no more tho but thats my next issue
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:28 PM - 1 November, 2012
Lol.. oh I see:)

Quote:
for some reason i cant record mixes no more tho but thats my next issue

How much hard drive space do you have left on your internal drive?
DJ.T.BOOGIE 9:35 PM - 1 November, 2012
In conclusion to this...serato was crashing during scanning files. when i re opened serato it would try to continue scanning files and crash again. however i noticed the smart crate was glowing blue.i deleted the smart crate restarted serato and it finished the scans it was tryin to do.all files scanned in with no problems ..the smart crate some how was crashing the program

so now all 198,634 including duplicate files are re analyzing ..so far 2,200files scanned. so far so good...
gotta get rid of the rest of my duplicates..but think this will be scanning till tomorrow..hope it gets done have a party. at 8pm tomorrow
DJ.T.BOOGIE 2:59 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
How much hard drive space do you have left on your internal drive?

48gb available
DJ.T.BOOGIE 3:25 AM - 2 November, 2012
scanning is going great. it froze one time .there was no song at bottom of screen but there were two songs being analyzed.
i wrote them down ten after 20 mins i ad to force close Serato. I restarted Serato, found the two files one at a timw and scanned them as i found them each.they both scanned through sucessfully.

so i it analyze again to see status and the number went down to 11948.so now its half way through.but i was thinking should i have hit the xtrl key first or no
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:24 PM - 2 November, 2012
Holding ctrl and clicking on 'analyze files' will force SSL to analyze every file in your library.
You don't need to do that.

If you deal with any freezing or crashing when analyzing follow the steps in that article I linked you to.
When you re-open SSL simply click the analyze files tab and it should start where it left off.

Let me know how you get along:)
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:20 PM - 2 November, 2012
ok thanks
DJ.T.BOOGIE 3:37 PM - 3 November, 2012
scanning finished..my two party both were great no problems.right now i'm rescanning id3 tags.. Homecoming today at 7 will try recording when i set up at 6 .will post back tonight after party..so far so good thanks for the help Zach S
DJ.T.BOOGIE 12:57 PM - 5 November, 2012
ok all files scanned.
when recording it makes music stutter occasionally so had to stop the recording.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:59 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
when recording it makes music stutter occasionally so had to stop the recording.

Do what is suggested here to help strip down your computer's processes --> serato.com
DJ.T.BOOGIE 6:53 PM - 5 November, 2012
ok gonna read that now tank you