Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Auto Grid Set seems to be off on some songs

Proggieus 3:10 AM - 1 November, 2012
can anybody else test some of their songs and see if it is just me?

it seems like it drifts over the length of the song. Its fine at the beginning but at the end it is sometimes half a beat or so off.

it also seems to start the grid at the very first little spike in the waveform, not a at the first beat.
Proggieus 3:42 AM - 1 November, 2012
not as bad as i first thought but i still have had to manually set and adjust the beat grid to severe songs.

Oh well, I am used to not having it to begin with. i will continue playing and waiting for GC to open on the morning.
Asu 3:53 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
not as bad as i first thought but i still have had to manually set and adjust the beat grid to severe songs.

Oh well, I am used to not having it to begin with. i will continue playing and waiting for GC to open on the morning.

yeah thats a coding problem serato has to perfect...traktor has better bpm detection but personally i just prefer tempo sync or beatmatch....the grids take way too much time to fix....i got 46,000 tracks to deal with lol
VinnyBlanc 5:38 AM - 1 November, 2012
I liked the hardware controls to slip/set beat grids on the ns6. I don't recall swing these on the ddj-sx. Are these controls midi mappable to a secondary controller?
Nachkebia 5:48 AM - 1 November, 2012
yeah, love slip/set controls on my twitch as well and was wondering the same thing.
nik39 6:01 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
I liked the hardware controls to slip/set beat grids on the ns6. I don't recall swing these on the ddj-sx. Are these controls midi mappable to a secondary controller?

Yes, very they are remappable. Plus they work fine from the hardware itself.
Nachkebia 6:02 AM - 1 November, 2012
yeah. it seems to be there on ddj sx :)
Asu 12:30 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
yeah. it seems to be there on ddj sx :)

Nice that's a relief...i'll fix grids of my most used lists first then :-)