Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

62 midi - unclear about functionality

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
kev z 11:53 AM - 31 October, 2012
Hi,

I cant tell whether its designed this way or whether i hve a problem:
1. Im using latest mac os x version on macbook retina
2. I have had the 62 hooked up to other cpus in past (including a pc)
3. I currently have usb A hooked up to macbook
4. I cannot access the sys pref rane 62 pref panel via mac sys pref. it says "sys pref needs to restart to access pref pane". Clicking ok just keeps bringing the message back up. Ive tried exiting SL and turning mixer on/off and rebooting etc. nothing gets me to pref pane via sys pref. ive even reinstalled SL.
5. I can use SL 2.4.3 pretty much perfectly except for midi layers. Again, not sure if its by design but heres the problem im having:
- i can use midi page 1 just fine (loops, browsing, loading, sp6, etc)
- but when i switch to midi pg 2-5 - i cant use loop and browse/load knobs, etc. i was hoping these controls remained consistent but im unclear if theyre supposed to
- i should note that i have the SL setting "allow midi assign of mixer controls" CHECKED. If i uncheck, i get a different problem which is that i cant use the midi layer pages without triggering cue points, etc. unintentionally.
6. I do have other things installed on mac that i suspected were conflicting but i think ive shut them all down etc. they included stuff like:
- midi controllers such as quneo, lemur ipad, core audio agg devices, etc.
7. Is there some way to get back to a perfectly clean install of SL and 62? I swear it was working properly at one point..
8. Can you send me the coreaudio driver? I saw in another thread that you emailed it to somebody else and im hoping i can try it out even if its beta.

Thanks and this mixer is dope by the way.. Just switched from pio djm / traktor setup and im loving the rane 62!!!

4:35 PM, 31 Oct 2012
Zach S attached a file: SixtyTwo.pkg
Download· Permalink
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:44 PM - 31 October, 2012
Hey Kev z,

Quote:
4. I cannot access the sys pref rane 62 pref panel via mac sys pref. it says "sys pref needs to restart to access pref pane". Clicking ok just keeps bringing the message back up. Ive tried exiting SL and turning mixer on/off and rebooting etc. nothing gets me to pref pane via sys pref. ive even reinstalled SL.

I've uploaded the new Core Audio driver to this post.
Download and install it to remedy this issue.
Quote:
- but when i switch to midi pg 2-5 - i cant use loop and browse/load knobs, etc. i was hoping these controls remained consistent but im unclear if theyre supposed to

This is a known bug in the Scratch Live software. All side panel controls, cues, and samples slots should still have their dedicated functions until the user (you) remap them. This is not currently the case. We're hoping to see a fix in the next release.
In the interim you can remap all the knobs and buttons in 2-5 groups to have their dedicated controls and SSL will read them. You'll just have to create a MIDI preset, map it, and then remember to load the preset every time you open SSL.
Quote:
7. Is there some way to get back to a perfectly clean install of SL and 62? I swear it was working properly at one point..

MIDI layers was added to the 2.4.2 version of Scratch Live. The MIDI layers bug has been present in SSL since then. There is no version to go back to that works as it should.
kev z 1:31 AM - 1 November, 2012
Thanks for quick response.. The coreaudio driver worked and gave me access to my sys pref pane.

Understood on the midi map. Sounds like everything is working for me as expected til bug fix.

Thnx again