Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Will you be able to use Serato DJ with SL3?

thebuttonfreak 3:37 AM - 30 October, 2012
SL3 and a midi device of choice?
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:54 AM - 30 October, 2012
Hey the buttonfreak,

Rane devices such as the SL3 will continue to work with Scratch Live and NOT Serato DJ.

Serato DJ will be supporting Serato DJ Controllers, Serato DJ Intro controllers and ITCH controllers as listed here: serato.com
thebuttonfreak 3:52 AM - 31 October, 2012
thanks but that's lame.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:10 AM - 31 October, 2012
Sorry to disappoint. What is it about Serato DJ that you would like to see in Scratch Live?
XRM5 5:18 AM - 31 October, 2012
Merge them.

The competition already has, and it's a major selling point for them.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:26 AM - 31 October, 2012
Its a good idea for sure. What is it about Serato DJ that you would like to see in Scratch Live?
XRM5 5:49 AM - 31 October, 2012
If you're asking about Scratch Live, it's that I'd like to use a controller for decks 3&4 and control vinyl for decks 1&2.

Or control vinyl could be added to Serato DJ, which would be the preferred option because of the Slicer, 8 cue points, and improved effects.

This type of setup has been possible in Traktor for a while now on the S4.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:53 AM - 31 October, 2012
Thanks for the feedback XRM5 :)
Jeff Scott 10:29 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
If you're asking about Scratch Live, it's that I'd like to use a controller for decks 3&4 and control vinyl for decks 1&2.

Or control vinyl could be added to Serato DJ, which would be the preferred option because of the Slicer, 8 cue points, and improved effects.

+1
jprime 10:31 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:

+1. That about sums it up. This really needs to happen.
Dj Wunder 10:58 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:

I'll take door #2 Bob
jprime 11:06 PM - 31 October, 2012
Good call...I think adding control vinyl to SeratoDJ is the right move, it would also keep the straight DVS people happy to have the straight up Scratch Live software.
thebuttonfreak 2:01 AM - 1 November, 2012
I want to use my sl3 to ullock serato DJ so I can then use a controller of my choice. Plus I already own an SL3 and I use an all midi setup. The current line of controllers all look lame to me. I don't need jogwheels and the only one that doesn't have jogwheels is not all that well built or very loud. The sl3 has is a killer soundcard. So sl3 + SeratoDJ + Livid ohm64 = what I really want. I am currently doing this with Scratch Live but the lack of midi out (really guys? still?) makes me want a different option.
thebuttonfreak 2:02 AM - 1 November, 2012
MIDI OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Its a good idea for sure. What is it about Serato DJ that you would like to see in Scratch Live?
G-rod 2:07 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

I would like to have all the new features of serato DJ, but beeing able to use them with my SL4, an external mixer, XONE K2, a NI X1 and "the bridge" with a APC20.

something like Richie Hawtin, that is using: Xone 92+ 2NI X1 + Maschine

I Also have a Novation Twich, and would love to have the release as soon as possible.
DJ Benzi 4:26 AM - 1 November, 2012
X2 Merge dem!!!!
samh3 5:40 AM - 1 November, 2012
+1
Would be great to give us the option to unlock and allow us to use our own SL3/4 soundcard and our own midi controller and TC discs as an option..Basically you would be turing Serato Dj into the perfect rival to TSP and being a user of both systems(and loving both for different reasons),i would happily,leave my Audio 8 card and TC Cd's at home and just take my X1 and Sl3 box and use Serato Dj instead of SSL or TSP...Been waiting on this for a few years to appear from Serato but sadly not there yet,again more great software tied to a Dj controller, fingers crossed you guys will listen and finally free it up ...
Nachkebia 5:56 AM - 1 November, 2012
they will eventually have to merge them. not even up to discussion ;)
diezdiaz 6:15 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

i would love a controller comparable to native instruments x1, thats as integrated into ssl as the x1 is with traktor. just throwing that out there :D
Dj Ace 6:27 AM - 1 November, 2012
I want the new effects, the simpler beat gridding, and sleeker display...especially in the cue point area
Dj Ace 6:27 AM - 1 November, 2012
Also the day and night view from itch
DJ DRObot 2:09 AM - 13 December, 2012
I would love the beat grid and slicer features and most of all the slip function looks killer.. I've been taking a lot of slack from my traktor friends about not having these features but I don't ever see myself switching over.. Please add these!!!
Jam-Master Jake 7:52 AM - 13 December, 2012
Merging Serato DJ and Scratch Live into one product is not only a brilliant idea (that's been speculated upon for some time now), but it's a NECESSARY one, IMHO. As has been stated above, look at what Native Instruments is doing with Traktor Pro. You can buy the Traktor Scratch Pro upgrade for a nominal amount and now you have a full DVS system that works with ANY of NI's interfaces OR controllers. It's time that Serato (a pretty small company, from my understanding) merges the two products into one software application (which will allow them to combine their software engineer resources on ONE product, as opposed to multiples), while allowing Serato DJ to be used with all the various different Rane boxes and mixers, as well as the various different partner controllers.

I'll also just say that the thought of Serato working with Rane or another company/companies to create an X1/F1 style controller, along with an SP-6 controller makes me GIDDY. Serato needs to get SP-6 functionality out there into their controllers, whether a standalone SP-6 controller like the prototype Numark NSP6, or integrated right into the next generation of new Controllers coming out over the next 1-2 years. I hate touching my laptop...that's what I bought a damn controller for!

Serato has the means, the product, and the wherewithal to take on Native Instruments at their own game...yet they don't! I certainly hope they decide to do something soon, because NI products/Traktor are taking over the industry. In Alaska, the one major music store we have in Anchorage (where I live) only deals Pioneer Pro DJ gear (CDJs, DJMs, etc.) and Rane boxes (SL2, 3, 4). Occasionally you'll see one of the higher-end Traktor or Serato controllers in stock and when you do, it sits on the shelf for a while before it gets purchased. However, when you go over to the South Anchorage Best Buy (which still has one of the few remaining Musical Instruments sections in it), it's all Itch and Native Instruments products. Guess what? These products FLY off the shelves, and the ones that are ALWAYS sold out are the Traktor units: S2's, S4's, Maschines, Maschine Mikros, X1's, F1's, and NI external sound cards. They can't keep them in stock...and I guarantee you that there aren't nearly as many gigging DJs in town as there are people buying up these products. The Pro DJs in Anchorage that I know are all spinning on Traktor units (mostly S4's) or on Traktor Scratch Pro using CDJs and Pioneer pro mixers. I've seen a handful of Serato users out there, and some Virtual DJ users, but the vast majority are running Traktor. Consulting my pro DJ friends around the US (in Miami, New York, LA, Chicago, and Phoenix), most of the established pro DJs are spinning a healthy mix of SSL and Traktor...but the majority of the new up-and-coming DJs are spinning with Traktor Pro.

I can't help but think that Serato needs to get on top of this and get their platform out to the masses in affordable, cool, and massive ways. They need to up their game and take their products to the next level....and do so at shorter time intervals. My opinion.

Rant off. :)
Daniel Ventura 8:04 AM - 13 December, 2012
so true :-/
vestaxxer 7:50 PM - 2 February, 2013
Its a shame i cannot use my SL3 for Serato Dj and a controller of MY choice . Thats just like money makin - nothing else. Shame, shame.
vestaxxer 7:51 PM - 2 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i would love a controller comparable to native instruments x1, thats as integrated into ssl as the x1 is with traktor. just throwing that out there :D

then buy an x1 an trsktor ;)
VinnyFL 9:47 PM - 15 February, 2013
How about making SeratoDJ not crash on large playlists for one, actually the stability of SeratoDJ scares me, so I would rather see the effects, and supported controllers on ScratchLive rather than make SeratoDJ compatible with SL boxes.
amir rabinovich 5:26 PM - 22 April, 2013
im so thinking like you guys....
i want to controll with sl3 but on serato dj softwar, and use another controller....
Mr Wilks 7:41 AM - 23 April, 2013
SSL and DJ will (in my opinion) never be merged.

Native Instruments manufacture their soundcards and controllers. They don't have partners for their controllers that incorporate DVS.
They have "scratch certified" mixers which will use the Traktor DVS plugin, but its a very select few.

N.I have full control over design, manufacture and distribution of their controllers. It's an entirely different business model to Serato. Oranges and apples.
With Serato they are software developers. They get an existing DJ manufacturer to design, build and distribute their own hardware controllers with an included licenced copy of DJ.

There is no similarities between the business structures of the two at all. Its hard to change to a rivasls business model and why should they? It works. They are selling DJ kit (and lots of it).
They won't lose much to Traktor as the budget controller market is saturated with Serato DJ controllers now (Traktor 2 LE anyone?).

DVS in Serato DJ isn't a viable option as...

1. Hardly any controllers have the inputs for DVS. This includes existing Itch and DJ Intro controllers (which is their upgrade money maker).

2. N.I can put DVS where they want. They own it. As for Serato? No. It's belonging to Rane as well. DVS is a joint venture with another DJ manufacturer. Why should they give that up to put in rival controllers?

3. Plugin for exiting SSL owners could be a possibility but that would require you already owning Rane hardware, having a controller capable of handling DVS and have enough people to be interested. A narrow combination.

How many S4 owners actually bought the plugin? 20%? 50%?

The way it will go is that SSL will have more controller support for DJ and a few things carried over like the slicer and cue/loops mode.

Two products will co-exist for a long time. The only thing I think will happen is the look and feel will be carried over to SSL from DJ and DJ features added. They will (due to a licencing business model) be this segregation for many years to come.

Traktor - Open sound outputs. Use any sound card. Multitude of options. One size fits all. DVS works with their controller only.

Serato DJ - Closed outputs. Works with a manufacturer to tailor software to controllers. DVS works only with a partners hardware so no integration.

Honestly, I'd love to see an all in one but it's a different partner for a different product and that works. We get variety and controllers like the SX and NS7 II through partnerships.
DJH_PGH 5:30 PM - 30 April, 2013
Guys...serato scratch live is the MOST STABLE PLATFORM. I was an ns6 /itch guy and do not like the new serato DJ so I bought an ohm64 and I will mount my sl3 box inside my djm600 mixer. It will fit! And then I'll use my ohm64 as a controller, along with my sl3 box and djm600 mixer. Viola a SSL controller
the_linus 1:31 PM - 20 August, 2013
iv gone and got quite and expensive controller while also owning an sl3 contoller as i used to play out on vinyl with this, i find it pretty bad that i now have to pay full whack for serato dj to work with this controller numark n4 and now have an unused sl3 controller surely you should offer this for either free for sl3 users or at least at a heavy reduced price for owners who are upgrading. this fact is really putting me off getting anything else serato as there are other cheaper and imo better solutions out there.
DJ Quartz 2:09 PM - 20 August, 2013
We'll see once the last three controllers are added to the line up. the NS7MKII is already supported with 1.3 and I'm sure they are almost done with the last three.

IMHO, they will merge.

What the heck is the point of developing two independent platforms when clearly Serato DJ has the new back end.

Yes Scratch Live is stable but when new features were added it had it's growing pains as well.

SDJ from what I find is stable and is getting better with every maintenance release. There are a couple things missing but a whole bunch was gained from 1.3

Just waiting for the day mode and aux effects routing to be moved over from Itch now.

If noise map control is coming that will be great.

One platform, and singular unity and no more shutting down and reloading.

Unplug your mixer or SL box and plug in your controller of choice and vice-versa.

DONE
DJOutlandish 2:37 PM - 20 August, 2013
As I sit here reading theses comments it seems that many in the dj world what too much. I understand that technology is the fault of this, but it's for the betterment of the industry. In that being said, since this is a serato forum why would we discuss using the competitor product with serato. Rane and Serato have given us the tools to work exclusively with their software. Stop being picky or just go back to the way djing use to be. 2 turntables a mixer and vinyl. No offense. Just my opinion.
Mr Wilks 2:45 PM - 20 August, 2013
I don't think SDJ will be merged.

I do think that Scratch Live will get the look and feel of SDJ though. Then they will look the same interface but have two separate purposes by plugging in the two devices (DJ/SL) but will look the same.

Just a thought. Well, until Rane licence DJ instead of Scratch live anyway.
jprime 3:25 PM - 20 August, 2013
I'm praying for a ScratchLive plugin rather than a merge...would satisfy the hardcore SSL heads.
the_linus 3:55 PM - 20 August, 2013
nobody from serato is going to answer my question then
DJ Quartz 7:10 PM - 20 August, 2013
Quote:
I'm praying for a ScratchLive plugin rather than a merge...would satisfy the hardcore SSL heads.

One of the discussions was for SDJ to get a DVS panel that has the options and settings from Scratch Live for vinyl control.

So when I say merge, it doesn't necessarily mean Scratch Live and Serato DJ will get smashed together.

It could mean merging the DVS transport into SDJ to support both platforms which personally I would welcome with open arms.
WarpNote 1:33 PM - 21 August, 2013
I personally, prefer the SSL gui over the SDJ gui.....
DJ Quartz 3:12 PM - 21 August, 2013
There are advantages to the layout in SDJ. But some things need to put back in their natural locations for sure.
Davideon 8:02 PM - 21 August, 2013
I.asked the Serato Twitter account about this and was told it may happen in the future, but no more info could be provided
the_linus 8:14 PM - 21 August, 2013
my issue is i have an sl3 box i payed over £500 for that i no longer use and an expensive usb controller i do use. why is there not some kind of upgrade option for serato dj from scratchlive
Jam-Master Jake 1:31 AM - 22 August, 2013
Because you paid over 500 pounds for a box that supports a different product. SDJ and SSL are 2 seperate products with no upgrade path, because they are targeting 2 separate markets. I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX and a Novation Twitch, both running Serato DJ 1.3. I also just spent $1700 US to buy a new Rane 62 mixer, but I'm not mad about it...I knew what I was getting into.

WITH THAT SAID...

...it IS time for SDJ to replace to SSL once and for all. Simply add in the DVS capabilities from SSL and all the other great features from SSL into SDJ, and call it a day. One software app that works with all hardware, Rane or otherwise, and you have ONE development team maintaining one major piece of software (with Intro holding up the entry-level and bringing in new users to the Serato family). I could even see Serato charging an upgrade fee to bring the SSL users over to the "new" SDJ with DVS capabilities. Will that ever happen? 50/50 chances...I can see it happening, and I can see it not happening as well. Not for a while, anyway.

It's frustrating, yes, but it's the way things are. For now. Unless there is a HUGE uproar in the Serato customer base over this, I don't expect things to change for a while. I'm personally not too upset about it.
Bozo 3:16 AM - 22 August, 2013
The missing think is not an upgrade option, but the lack of transition tool.
Add some SDJ features to SSL (Slicer/Izotope effect/slip mode, at least 8 cue point...) to make the transition (not upgrade) easier, without distorting SSL's GUI.
I'm thinking about buying a SL box to run Scratch with a VCI 380 (it work great with TSP, the VCI 380 have a good size and a lot of midi controls) but with all features from SDJ I'll lose (Slicer and all the new Izotope fx), even though i like scratch as it is... I do not know if it's worth it.

imho a SL box that i could use with others set-up is better than a soft "upgrade"
Jam-Master Jake 5:05 AM - 22 August, 2013
If the two programs are going to remain in production and development, then yes, I fully agree that SSL needs to update and gain some of the amazing functionality that Itch and now DJ have...Slicer, Izotope FX, 8 cue points/loops, etc.

It makes sense to merge the two programs into one. If that doesn't happen, it makes equal sense to make them as similar to each other as possible. Either one is fine by me!
A_Jack 6:14 AM - 22 August, 2013
Yes merge SDJ and SSL or make them similar!
DJ Quartz 5:57 PM - 24 August, 2013
@ Jam-master Jake

My whole agenda for the merge is to get all the features under the same platform for one.

But also to have one application to manage as user with flexibility.

I do an event every year where I DJ on a flatbed truck with my NS7FX setup for the parade and then I have my SSL setup with decks in the park to run the rest of the day and then the after party.

It would be a nice perk to be able to unplug my NS7FX setup jump off the truck and go into the park with the other DJ and just plug in my laptop without shutting down and relaunch another application, reload database, etc, etc.
Bozo 6:18 PM - 24 August, 2013
Of course it will be nice, but i guess a lot of Scratch user prefer the Scratch Gui. the "merge" is a very delicate question. But we all agreed Scratch deserve some SDJ features.
Mr Wilks 11:23 PM - 25 August, 2013
Quote:
...but i guess a lot of Scratch user prefer the Scratch Gui. the "merge" is a very delicate question..

Remember the Scratch Live 2.0 button fiasco?

The buttons were square like in DJ/Itch 2.0 and they caused a riot until Serato backtracked and rounded the edges off to make them "less harsh".

I personally want to see the merge but after seeing what happened with going from the round buttons of SL 1.9.2 to the square of 2.0 I think they will be more cautious as to merge and upset the loyal "we'd rather die than see SYNC in SL" users.
You only have to use slightly the wrong font on the virtual decks and people threaten to switch to Traktor lol.

I think SL will eventually get the look and feel of S-DJ but will still be separate underneath the GUI.
Because DVS is exclusive to Rane built boxes I can't see them doing a plug-in to activate the minority of Serato DJ controllers that run DJ that have a soundcard with phono/lines in as it's not economically viable while the controllers are in a minority. I think The Pio SX and VCI-480 have and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

In the end it will be one program that opens up depending on the device plugged in SL box or DJ controller and adapt it's interface to what you are using (like SL does with it's rane mixers or SL4).
Jam-Master Jake 1:10 AM - 26 August, 2013
100% agreed, DJ Quartz!

Quote:
In the end it will be one program that opens up depending on the device plugged in SL box or DJ controller and adapt it's interface to what you are using (like SL does with it's rane mixers or SL4).

Agreed with this prediction as well. It's a win-win for everyone. I'm used to the DJ GUI, but I like the SSL GUI. Either will work for me, but I'd REALLY like to see the feature set between the two programs equalized. The great features of SDJ need to come to SSL, and vice-versa...even if they do simply maintain both programs without a merge.
DJ Quartz 10:41 AM - 26 August, 2013
Quote:
The buttons were square like in DJ/Itch 2.0 and they caused a riot until Serato backtracked and rounded the edges off to make them "less harsh".

I personally want to see the merge but after seeing what happened with going from the round buttons of SL 1.9.2 to the square of 2.0 I think they will be more cautious as to merge and upset the loyal "we'd rather die than see SYNC in SL" users.
You only have to use slightly the wrong font on the virtual decks and people threaten to switch to Traktor lol.

^ Ridiculous....

If people want to stay with SSL because of such issues, then stay with it.

Let the people that want to evolve, do just that.
Mr Wilks 11:58 AM - 26 August, 2013
Quote:

^ Ridiculous....

If people want to stay with SSL because of such issues, then stay with it.

Let the people that want to evolve, do just that.

Exactly. It was embarrassing the way some people complained about the new GUI... and it only really had a tweak. I can only imagine what a full redesign would do.
DJ is coming up to a year old now and the exposure is getting SL users used to seeing what it can do and how it looks. It will be easier to sway users over time. How can better FX, sample sync etc not be a good carrot for people that want more bells and whistles and to advance their game as now we are forever in Traktors shadow with innovation? The purists argue different and with so many luddites trolling the Scratch Live forum, they make more noise to keep it the way it is.

I'd like to see DJ (or at least the DJ GUI in SL) used with my SL3 as it's seamless switching with the Twitch.
DJ Quartz 12:19 PM - 26 August, 2013
This is what I'm saying.

I have two 57's, one for the home studio and one solely for the road.

NS7FX for a small setup and in adverse conditions (small area, bouncy floors, performing on a moving vehicle, etc.)

Sometimes I'm using both setups and it would be nice to finally be fully plug and play and not have to switch applications.

Not to mention the benefits of the new features.

As I state again, let us evolve....
thebulge 12:51 AM - 27 August, 2013
They will merge one day. Inevitable.

DVS becomes a paid plugin for supported controllers (VCI-380, Pioneer BIG thing and future controllers as HW just keeps getting cheaper) - and enough people will buy it to make it a viable business stream for Serato --- they are testing the waters with effects packs.

Rane HW will unlock it for free, just like ITCH controllers unlock SDJ. SSL will go into maintenance mode and be retired.

They've now got a built in "appstore" for plugins in 1.3, and there are more packs coming. I've been a digging in SDL binary. Serato -- what the chip_pack and jet_pack ? :)
CryoStatik 1:04 AM - 5 September, 2013
um....he lied last year.....
thebulge 1:06 AM - 5 September, 2013
I told y'alls.

serato.com
Jam-Master Jake 2:06 AM - 5 September, 2013
So to answer the Original Poster's question, YES, you WILL be able to use the SL3 with Serato DJ...but not until next Feb. :)
CryoStatik 2:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
Only box not compatible is the sl1
DJ Quartz 2:57 AM - 5 September, 2013
^ Yup... :(
DJH_PGH 1:59 PM - 5 September, 2013
NOW WE NEED SERATO TO "TELL" NUMARK TO MAKE AN NS6 MKII = LIGHTER AND MORE LIKE THE DDJ SX EXCEPT WITH + & - PITCH ADJUST BUTTONS AND BETTER MIC LINES!!!
Jam-Master Jake 2:31 AM - 6 September, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in the works. I'm expecting it to be announced at NAB in a few months. Just a hunch, I have nothing concrete to go on other than the fact that the NS6 is getting OLD compared to the newer controllers that have hit the market in the past year. NS6 is a pretty popular controller that holds its own, so I doubt Numark is just ready to dump it yet. It's also newer than the NS7 by what, 2-3 years?, so I suspect that Numark is squeezing the last year of life out of it before dropping a new MK 2 version.
nickythedj 5:20 AM - 6 September, 2013
Thank You for the head aches I have cdj 2000 and djm900 nexas pioneer and
SL3 Now your saying it will not work with searto dj.
DJ Quartz 6:37 AM - 6 September, 2013
SL3 will work with Serato DJ
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:24 AM - 6 September, 2013
Yes, the SL 3 will be supported in Serato DJ.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:24 AM - 6 September, 2013
Haha, i'm a bit late to the party :)
Bozo 1:10 PM - 6 September, 2013
Hehe ^^
The announcement came at the right time, I was about to buy a SL1, i'm looking forward to get a SL2 and maybe a sp1 (this look like a hot club set up).

Samuel S, may i ask some question about the next updates ?
First of all, what about the 1.4 ?
Is, for exemple, my VCI 380 will fully work with a SL2 ? (slicer/effect/pads...)
What about the internal mixing mode ?

if it is still under development and there are no answers to my question, I'll understand, but with all those change... woaw i'm lost.
BTW thx to the Serato team for the hard work :)
DJ Quartz 2:28 PM - 6 September, 2013
@ Samuel S,

Will there be any type of discount program created for an upgrade path?
Jam-Master Jake 8:26 PM - 6 September, 2013
Unlikely...but I can't say for certain. Your rig will work just fine with SDJ 1.6.
DJ V.L.C. 1:35 AM - 16 November, 2013
I currently DJ in a few clubs & bars in South East UK, a couple I use Vinyl with my SL3, a couple I use CDJ's & now I use my controller in a couple so end up having to have both Serato DJ & Scratch Live, it would be allot easier if I could use 1 programme.
DJ V.L.C. 1:40 AM - 16 November, 2013
I set up my SL3 TONIGHT, tried using it with Serato DJ & I had the message No compatible DJ device connected.
Mr Wilks 4:11 AM - 16 November, 2013
Quote:
I currently DJ in a few clubs & bars in South East UK, a couple I use Vinyl with my SL3, a couple I use CDJ's & now I use my controller in a couple so end up having to have both Serato DJ & Scratch Live, it would be allot easier if I could use 1 programme.

Are you aware of he big Serato announcement that both programs are becoming one in the form of Serato DJ in February, with a public beta for the SL3 sometime in December?

Quote:
I set up my SL3 TONIGHT, tried using it with Serato DJ & I had the message No compatible DJ device connected.

December will be the beta to test it all out at home and by the final beta it would be ready to roll in February for an official launch. Hold tight... it's coming.
djview 2:02 AM - 16 December, 2013
Is december I set up my SL3 TONIGHT, tried using it with Serato DJ & I had the message No compatible DJ device connected.
Dj MacMillz 2:47 AM - 16 December, 2013
Quote:
Is december I set up my SL3 TONIGHT, tried using it with Serato DJ & I had the message No compatible DJ device connected.

Indeed it is December, and technically they have until the 31st..... So all the rush for a beta is just crazy.
I understand the longtime SSL users want to try out the new software and have their first test run with it, but come on it's just a beta. Then when beta type issues arise, everyone is up in arms cause it don't work right..... so we will have 2 months of bitching and moaning via 300 posts outside of the official beta reporting area because folks don't use the search or don't do what they agreed to do prior to downloading and testing said beta.
Mr. Goodkat 8:06 AM - 16 December, 2013
Quote:

!!!!!!!!!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:58 AM - 16 December, 2013
I'm ready to sloughter and rip into anyone thats moans of issues with the beta outside of the beta area! Because they are retards!

I'm looking more foward to 1.6beta just for this reason lol
DJ Good Times 7:27 PM - 4 January, 2014
To all the DVS users - SL2, 3 & 4 and so on...

We have to pay extra to use the software? If that's the case, that's bs. I might as well make the jump to Traktor like I've been thinking for a while now.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:32 PM - 4 January, 2014
Quote:
To all the DVS users - SL2, 3 & 4 and so on...

We have to pay extra to use the software? If that's the case, that's bs. I might as well make the jump to Traktor like I've been thinking for a while now.

Because Traktor dont charge for updates do they!!! fsss!!!

Also YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY TO UPGRADE TO SERAT DJ.

Some people clueless
DJ Good Times 7:33 PM - 13 January, 2014
Hey LJ - relax bro...

When I downloaded serato DJ it said I needed to pay. When I started it up with my SL2 plugged in - It still said I needed to pay.

So I did what any normal person would do. I went to Serato's website/forums (here and asked a simple question) My problem got solved.

Some people are clueless. Some people jump to conclusions.
Jensen Määäm 8:31 PM - 13 January, 2014
Good times, if you want to use SDJ with your SL2, you need the SDJ 1.6 Beta, you get a free download in the Beta Area.
DJ Good Times 2:06 AM - 14 January, 2014
Thans jensen! Anyone having issues with their dicers and DJ?
Jensen Määäm 9:24 AM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
Thans jensen! Anyone having issues with their dicers and DJ?

Check the SDJ Beta area.
dj-fozzy 12:55 AM - 17 March, 2014
controllers are nice for the new dj but for us pure djs we like to have real gear. why can't you guys make serato dj work with the sl2. sl3 sl4? and is this talk about a freaking sync button you guys are about to ruin the art djing with that crap. you guys are heading in the wrong direction leave the garbage with virtual dj
Dj MacMillz 1:06 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
controllers are nice for the new dj but for us pure djs we like to have real gear. why can't you guys make serato dj work with the sl2. sl3 sl4? and is this talk about a freaking sync button you guys are about to ruin the art djing with that crap. you guys are heading in the wrong direction leave the garbage with virtual dj

Kinda late to the party eh? SDJ is compatible with said boxes as of Feb 2014.... If you don't need/want/or like Sync.....it's a simple fix........turn it off or don't use it. When turned off via the setup tab, it won't even show up on screen or be able to be toggled via controller. Folks want all these new features that require beatgrids and for that sync has to be enabled. Again the choice is yours to use it or not.

I personally don't use it....but I won't have a heart attack if someone chooses to use it. SYNC doesn't make a shitty dj magically awesome.

Question though.... Controllers aren't 'real' gear? And you mentioned 'pure djs'...... if you're so pure, why use a DVS? that's not keeping it real....is it?
dj-fozzy 2:27 AM - 17 March, 2014
I'm only asking because it seems like scratch live sl2 all the way to sl4 is about to be phased out soon. right now it looks like all roads are leading to controllers. i still spin vinyl my brotha but when i do a all nighter all the many clubs i have and when i travel out side the united states and i travel at least 30 times a year i take my sl2 so yeah I'm the real deal my friend. and i admit I'm late to party but I'm trying to get as much info as i can.
WarpNote 3:19 AM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
I'm only asking because it seems like scratch live sl2 all the way to sl4 is about to be phased out soon.

What on earth gave you that impression? those boxes are gonna stay current for a while ;)
Dj MacMillz 3:52 AM - 17 March, 2014
I take it you didn't watch the video on the merger/ roadmap for SDJ
WarpNote 10:54 AM - 17 March, 2014
I did, and you might wanna re-watch it, SL1 and TT57 are not supported in SDJ.
SL2, SL3 and SL4 are supported, and no plans to phase them out.
Dj MacMillz 7:06 PM - 17 March, 2014
Warp, that wasn't directed at you..... It was for the person above your post.

Sorry for the confusion.
WarpNote 8:28 PM - 17 March, 2014
Ah, I should have seen that ;-)
dj-fozzy 5:12 AM - 20 March, 2014
guys believe me when i tell you i spent a ton of money on serato i have the sl2 and the sl4 and i don't spend much time in here so i didn't know about the merge but thanks for the info guys after finding out that support for scratch live is gonna end soon and all these controllers being sold i got a lil worried that my SL boxes where gonna be no good but i no now i gotta spend a lil bit more time in here........thanks for all your help