Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ and V7

Boombox 9:55 PM - 26 October, 2012
I am about to purchase 2 Numark v7s but before i part with the money i would like to know the answer to the one question, I assume most of V7 owners are asking themselves:

Will Serato DJ support 4 decks using 2 V7 units and a 4 channel mixer or is it going to be like Itch where you could only use it as 2 deck controller?

Thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:02 AM - 27 October, 2012
Only two.
hrrsn 4:23 AM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
Only two.

why do i have a V7?

What a joke. Am i really gonna have to use VDJ for this feature? . We all put up with the "B-ITCH" software, assuming integration at some point. I mean, how sweet would it be if we could deal with a mix on 1&2 and throw and accapella on 3 or 4... Everyones been asking for it. Now all this anticipation for the new release is for nothing. What could be an amazing product(a truly hybrid 4 deck setup) being scrapped for controllers seems pretty stupid to me. Is it something technical that won't allow for this? what's the deal? So many posts on this topic and no answers
FighteRanger 5:28 AM - 31 October, 2012
The V7s were only design for 2 decks, but I can see it being possible if they use the Deck A and Deck B switch.
hrrsn 5:57 AM - 31 October, 2012
would be a thing of beauty. I was just informed i'm over a year late on this topic, and apparently it won't happen. i'll do my homework before the next rant
Boombox 1:36 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
The V7s were only design for 2 decks, but I can see it being possible if they use the Deck A and Deck B switch.

Well that's what i meant.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:58 PM - 31 October, 2012
It's a cop out on Seratos part, why can this be done with VDJ and TRAKTOR and not with Serato??
Ceasar K 4:37 AM - 23 March, 2013
Any idea when serato DJ for the V7 will be out?
Bazildon 1:28 PM - 23 March, 2013
I dropped a tweet to @serato the other day and got this back from them...

"@Bazildon It's coming soon. We are working hard at this and hope to announce support shortly. I can't give you a timeframe though sorry."
miles413 2:00 AM - 1 May, 2013
V7 support pushed back to Fall 2013
TrainTxk 5:46 AM - 1 May, 2013
The push back of the V7 has me somewhat upset... Especially since the function language on the HID and Midi level is the same as the NS7/NSfx combo.
Kmxorbit 6:40 AM - 1 May, 2013
New Serato DJ 1.2 out today but no V7 support???
I even doubt it, they will support it on Serato DJ.
serkan 11:19 AM - 1 May, 2013
The V7 will be supported by Serato DJ but they changed the ETA from spring 2013 to fall 2013!
Boombox 12:43 PM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
V7 support pushed back to Fall 2013

I really hope this is some sick belated April Fools joke from Serato!
phatbob 12:47 PM - 1 May, 2013
I'll just quote myself from the DJing discussion thread here:

Quote:
I love how this forum is always full of people bitching and moaning about Serato never giving honest timelines for stuff.

Then Serato give honest timelines for stuff, and people bitch and moan about that instead.
Ragman 2:24 PM - 1 May, 2013
If I were Serato I wouldn't even let my user base know that a new version or update is in the works let alone give a time-frame of release. I would just simply use a blanket statement of:

"We are constantly working on ways to make our software better and user's feature request are a big part of that. Bugs and software issues will be addressed in timely updates. In fairness to our staff and user base, it is our policy to never give a date or time-frame for a release."

PERIOD!

Of course if they like people bitching then I stand corrected.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:27 PM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
If I were Serato I wouldn't even let my user base know that a new version or update is in the works let alone give a time-frame of release. I would just simply use a blanket statement of:

"We are constantly working on ways to make our software better and user's feature request are a big part of that. Bugs and software issues will be addressed in timely updates. In fairness to our staff and user base, it is our policy to never give a date or time-frame for a release."

PERIOD!

Of course if they like people bitching then I stand corrected.

this is how they have always done it and people moan like fuck big time....

so serato give timeframes....

Quote:
I'll just quote myself from the DJing discussion thread here:

Quote:
I love how this forum is always full of people bitching and moaning about Serato never giving honest timelines for stuff.

Then Serato give honest timelines for stuff, and people bitch and moan about that instead.
serkan 8:00 PM - 1 May, 2013
It's not that easy.

Just saying "we are working on stuff"? What with the people who use the Numark V7 who will not have a software update for a whole year (from ITCH 2.2.2 to SDJ 1.x)?

And:
I never asked for a timeline but if you say Spring 2013 for six months just to change it to Fall 2013 is just wrong.
I'm absolutely sure that the developers had good reason to do so but from the customers point of view it just sucks.
elsupermang 8:32 PM - 1 May, 2013
Quote:
It's not that easy.

Just saying "we are working on stuff"? What with the people who use the Numark V7 who will not have a software update for a whole year (from ITCH 2.2.2 to SDJ 1.x)?

And:
I never asked for a timeline but if you say Spring 2013 for six months just to change it to Fall 2013 is just wrong.
I'm absolutely sure that the developers had good reason to do so but from the customers point of view it just sucks.

They will use ITCH like they have for the last X amount of months. I was perfectly fine rocking my NS7 + ITCH for the last 6 months. ITCH still works and TBH SDJ is nice but it wasn't that big a difference besides the effects which to most DJs are more of a bell and whistle than bread and butter. Midi mapping is cool but its still not great in SDJ either. In fact i kind of miss some of the stuff that is in ITCH but not in SDJ.
carlos252 2:30 PM - 26 May, 2013
Ant it summer of 2013 so is serato support for the v7 here yet.. I want to buy my son v7s
Boombox 3:50 PM - 26 May, 2013
Fall 2013 as far as I can see written on the website.
carlos252 5:01 PM - 26 May, 2013
o ok do u have v7??? if so how is urs working
Boombox 5:09 PM - 26 May, 2013
Work great, can't really fault them. But they will be much better with Serato DJ as you then will be able to get a MIDI mixer and map all sorts.
Lord Bhang 12:38 AM - 21 July, 2013
I do believe Serato DJ update for the V7's will offer 4 deck support but have to wait till fall now to find out
Lord Bhang 12:42 AM - 21 July, 2013
Quote:
I am about to purchase 2 Numark v7s but before i part with the money i would like to know the answer to the one question, I assume most of V7 owners are asking themselves:

Will Serato DJ support 4 decks using 2 V7 units and a 4 channel mixer or is it going to be like Itch where you could only use it as 2 deck controller?

Thanks

I would just save up for the NS7II which offers 4 decks and has a lot of fx and features that are upgrade from the NS7
IMHO
Kittmaster 1:34 AM - 21 July, 2013
Quote:

Yes, that is what everyone thinks and it makes perfect sense, the problem is the V7 DRIVER.

Ever try to plug two V7's into the same host computer? Try it and watch what happens.....it locks the driver and most times blue screens even a windows 7 machine. If they could mount the driver to deal with two separate PID/VIDs depending on the position of the switch, then you could ideally get 4 decks on two V7's as the driver would mount twice so each could have a dedicated audio stream for each device. Serato would then have to find a way to talk to both at the same time. It's a lot of retro work for devices that never sold all that well in the first place.

And before anyone has anything negative to say, my MAIN rig is outfitted with V7's and my studio mixing is an NS7.
TrainTxk 2:00 AM - 1 August, 2013
I like turtles!
DJ Quartz 4:04 PM - 1 August, 2013
Is this only a problem on Windows or does it happen on the Mac side as well. I've never had V7 in my hands to test.
KevJonz 11:49 PM - 8 August, 2013
The V7 SDJ release has been pushed back because SDJ will allow Twitch to function as a secondary MIDI controller until they start supporting Twitch natively. Because of this it would work along side V7 and actively cut into sales of the Numark NS7II. I guarantee the release will come out once the new controller ships.
DJ Quartz 4:48 PM - 10 August, 2013
Just a question because I don't have any accessible to me right now.

There are users that use 2 x V7 and Itch, correct?
Ragman 9:32 AM - 11 August, 2013
Quote:
Just a question because I don't have any accessible to me right now.

There are users that use 2 x V7 and Itch, correct?

Correct
DJ Quartz 5:52 PM - 11 August, 2013
^ Where is the problem occurring where people say they can't connect 2 x V7's??

SDJ would have the same support for a dual V7 setup as Itch.
TrainTxk 4:39 AM - 25 December, 2013
Whoop!.. No probs so far... and damn is it wayyyyyyy better than ITCH!! Both in function and stability!!! :-)