DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anybody willing to be a DJ Mentor/Teacher for Hampton Roads, VA or Boston, MA

DJ OSO 4:05 AM - 11 April, 2008
Hey serato djs out there, I'm a new DJ thats been working on the craft since early January of this year. I've found out that it is very easy to sit in your room and mix songs, because they always sound good when your judging them. The good djs though, are able to get others to enjoy their mixes. For this reason, I am looking for an individual who will be able to sort of mentor me in this DJ world. Someone who can teach me the basics, tips and tricks, and give me insight on djing. I truly love music and would love for someone who can teach me how to spread my love of music to others. I'm a pre-med student at Hampton Univerisity but I'm transferring to Boston University in about a month. I already have two turntables, a mixer, and scratch live so I won't be ruining any of your stuff. If anyone is willing to help out, just shoot me a reply on here or an e-mail educatedathlete@hotmail.com
Bigfourty4 5:41 PM - 11 April, 2008
as you get more involed in dj'ing ...make sure you keep to a schedule.

I work as a healthcare consultant in NYC..so the industry is similar..here is my rundown for a week

Monday-Friday 8am-6pm
FridayNight-DJ from 9:30pm-4:00am
Saturday Daytime- DJ in store at mall from 2pm-6pm
Sunday==Only day off

I know you guys have to pull late nites, work crazy shifts...etc...
sopranosupasta 5:58 PM - 11 April, 2008
yo, i play at a spot in Salem Ma on Saturday nights(when im not out on tour). if you want to come by and hang out. your more than welcome(21+)
deejay barber 6:30 PM - 11 April, 2008
I'm in boston, my spot is in the West End, or the newly dubbed "Bullfinch Triangle"

The Greatest Bar in Boston 262 Friend Street, Boston MA.

Let me know if and when your coming.
cappinkirk 8:16 PM - 11 April, 2008
im in DC holla i learned from the best