Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Loop on Load

cappinkirk 5:52 PM - 9 April, 2008
i have a few tracks that are just loops, that is I never use them for anything but looping (so every time i load them i have to click "loop" to activate the looping). usually its when i'm quickmixing so it's always a pain. i would rather these tracks start as looping and then I can release them from looping if I want to.

is there a way to make something that leaves looping "on" for these tracks when the track is loaded? is this already possible? i thought it was possible but I can't find it anywhere.

& nobody's requested this yet?? as far as i can tell

thanks
RHF 6:04 PM - 9 April, 2008
I requested this 1 year ago. Cant find the thread anymore.

Quote:
(so every time i load them i have to click "loop" to activate the looping).
yes, boring.

But it dont seemed to be a popular request.
RHF 6:12 PM - 9 April, 2008
found it: scratchlive.net
cappinkirk 7:31 PM - 9 April, 2008
nice! thanks RHF. I guess for now I'm gong to assign a button to "activate loop" on my 57 if that's possible.

this needs to get added in a future release!

i actually thought it was already possible....i guess not.
Konix 7:41 PM - 9 April, 2008
The "track repeat" loop gets saved to the file and every time you load that song if should remember the setting and always loop when loaded. This is good for those short loops.
cappinkirk 8:00 PM - 9 April, 2008
i set up group 3, buttons 2 and 3, for the left and right loop toggle function & i like that so far. it's fast and i don't have to read/touch the keys.

also non 57ers can toggle loop with [ and ] for left and right decks respectively
cappinkirk 2:46 PM - 10 April, 2008
>>upgraded to "demand" status
Dr0p 10:31 PM - 10 April, 2008
Bump I want this too. I have some tracks myself that I always loop. Unfortunately these loops are part of a song so I can't use the track repeat to get the same effect (Thanks for the advice though Konix).
Psyko Logical 6:27 PM - 12 April, 2008
+1
cappinkirk 11:22 PM - 12 April, 2008
at the minimum it should remember if a loop was on and use that status

ideally I could set certain songs to always start with the first loop "on" even if when I last played the song I did not leave any loop "on".
J.J. 7:06 PM - 14 April, 2008
If they Tie the loops to the Cues, we could visually see what loops are on all the time.

What is the main reason to have the Loops and Cue Points separate? Just more confusion. Especially with all the new MIDI controllers coming out.

Click Here===>img207.imageshack.us

We need a way to easily see:
.....*Loops in order with Sort Cues Chronologically
.....*Where ALL the loops are on the track
.....*How many loops you have
.....*What time the loops start
.....*What loops are ON or OFF
.....*Go from 1 loop to any other loop
.....*Able to differentiate them with a different color.

All these problems are solved with loops tied to the Hot Starts.
Psyko Logical 7:28 PM - 14 April, 2008
Good work JJ. I totally agree.
welly 12:24 PM - 15 April, 2008
I use a lot of loops on instrumental hip-hop tracks for practising scratching over, I have the looped deck in INTRTNAL MODE so I can practice as along as I like without a break, the these loops are generally not at the start of the track, so I have cue points set at the start of the loops too.

Everytime i load the track up with a saved loop I have to activate the loop button and hit the saved cue point so i am at the start of the loop.

Surely this could be an option in SSL that you could active/deactivate so when you load a track with saved loop you are bang on the start of the loop, at your cue point?

Obviously this would only work in Relative and Internal modes.