Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato crashes each time, since i've upgraded it

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ DarkKnight 1:12 AM - 4 October, 2012
I upgraded from ScratchLive 2.4.1 to 2.4.2 & went back, from 2.4.1 to 2.4.3 and each version crashes. what am i doing wrong??
CudaTMC 6:27 AM - 4 October, 2012
Crashes when you plug in hardware, or just when you start up in general? I have had this problem with SL4 if I have SSL open and then plug in hardware it asks for a restart, the remedy is to plug hardware before opening SSL and all is fine. Pain in the ass though if you forget!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:05 PM - 4 October, 2012
Hey DarkKnight,

Same question that Cuda has.. when is it crashing?
DJ DarkKnight 2:07 AM - 5 October, 2012
Crashes after i start up 2.4.2 or 2.4.3. It almost looks like its having a problem trying to load my iTunes library. I always plug up all my hardware before i start ScratchLive, unless I'm checking things out and running without hardware.

But now that you mention it, I've never had my hardware connected when trying to run ScratchLive 2.4.2 or 2.4.3. Is this now a requirement? If so, that sucks as I'm always updating crates without having my SL3 connected.

Let me know if you guys are able to run 2.4.2/3 of ScratchLive without your SL hardware connected.
Dj Mixstyles 9:57 AM - 5 October, 2012
Hey fellas I downloaded the latest update and when I click on my sample button to bring the samples up it freezes. I have to change my deck layout just for it to come up to use it. How can I go back to the last update before the newest one that came out?
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:59 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
Crashes after i start up 2.4.2 or 2.4.3.

This is usually due to a corrupt database file. Try rebuilding it(them):

1. Completely shut down SSL.
2. Open your Macintosh HD drive.
3. Click on your 'Music' folder (you might need to click on the house icon to see your music folder).
4. Open the '_Serato_' folder.
5. Rename the 'databaseV2' file to something other than its original name. I usually rename it 'corruptdatabaseV2'.

If your using an external drive open the _Serato_ folder on your external and rename the databaseV2 file in there as well.

6. Re-open SSL.

If done correctly you will see your tags getting re-written at the bottom of the page.

Note: Rebuilding the databaseV2 file will revert all of the 'date added' dates to today's date and will delete any files out of SSL that aren't currently in a crate or playlist.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:00 PM - 5 October, 2012
Mixstyles... You will find all older versions of SSL here --> serato.com
If you're still having issues please start your own help request and we'll help you there.
DJ DarkKnight 9:52 PM - 7 October, 2012
Zach, do you have any suggestions for my situation? i would love to upgrade to the latest version but i'm a little gun shy now.

let me know
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:42 PM - 8 October, 2012
Dark Knight.. my second to last post was my suggestion for you.
Did you try it?
Regardless.. I would not update to 2.4.3 as there are some pretty annoying bugs with it.
6:00 PM, 22 Oct 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.