Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ might have finally won me back!

DJ Xio 4:03 AM - 3 October, 2012
As one of the very first ITCH users in the world, I dropped ITCH about 6 months ago for Traktor, and while I'm pretty happy in my NI realm with Kontrol S4 / Denon DN-MC6000 and Kontrol F1... Serato DJ and this new Pioneer monster might just bring me back.

Professional Integration, Professional Hardware, Midi Mapping, Video Mixing, New Effects & Remixing Tools... I think this might have done it.

Serato still has better library management than Traktor (Smart Crates) and Video (Which NI lacks)

Also, I like Serato's beat grid 10 times better.

Can't wait till November 1st. and test this baby out.

ITCH was always a toy... seems like you guys are finally taking DJ controllers seriously and developing it on a professional level.

Good Job Serato!
djemdub 4:06 AM - 3 October, 2012
If youre planning on using it with your previous itch controller, you won't be able to test it out..

The only way you'd be able to test it is if you buy the pioneer controller or go to the store and play with it there lol
djemdub 4:06 AM - 3 October, 2012
itch controllers get it in spring
DJ Xio 4:07 AM - 3 October, 2012
LOL... obviously!

I'll more than likely pre-order one.
Simon Love Carter 4:15 AM - 3 October, 2012
Does someone knows the average price of the DDJ-SX? However I must say: Oh My God that's the best news I could've had!!!
Better interface, better fxs, and what's more?
DJ Xio 4:17 AM - 3 October, 2012
According AGIPRODJ around $2k street price (pricing is preliminary)
Simon Love Carter 4:29 AM - 3 October, 2012
Ok then, it's a way higher than I am expecting! Let's wait till nov 2012 and see if will worth it
DJ Xio 4:38 AM - 3 October, 2012
The price seems about right considering its a full hardware mixer by Pioneer. (4 Channels / Booth Output).

This is definitely a professional unit and by specs alone worth its price!!!
blackavenger 5:09 AM - 3 October, 2012
$2,000 street....GTFO!!!!!

I figured around $1,500 to $1,600, but $2,000.....I don't f*#kin' think so!!!!!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 5:26 AM - 3 October, 2012
AGIPRODJ invented that price out of thin air. They even state on their website Pricing is preliminary. Please do not attempt to place an order.

Sit tight - Pioneer will release official pricing soon.
blackavenger 5:45 AM - 3 October, 2012
^ Okay ^
DJ_SHMOO-agiprodj 6:36 AM - 3 October, 2012
Hey All, Kevin from agiprodj.com here. Although we did put a price of $1999 in the preliminary product post it is subject to change. Rest assured as soon as the information is verified by Pioneer we will update the price. As deal of the year for 2011 it is our hope that just like with the CDJ 2000 Nexus we will be on the forefront of this product. I personally am staking my claim to one upon release.

Thanks for your continued support of agiprodj.com

Shmoo----> out
Simon Love Carter 10:41 AM - 3 October, 2012
What about the stand alone mixer? There are 4 filter knobs. Is there the possibility to use those knobs with cdjs connected?
pioneerprofessor 10:42 AM - 3 October, 2012
Gtf outta here!!! A controller should never be more than $1200, who in their right mind would buy it. You guys are forgetting that pioneer is a business company, they have to be able to sell their products to make money. Remember when they had to lower the prices of the ddjs1 and t1 because other companies controllers were no where near pioneers prices. If they made 100,000 units and only a measly 10,000 crazy pioneer fanboys bought it, they would be losing a lot of money, so nevertheless they still gotta "compete" with other makers for sales.
Anyways, enough of the rambling, with a little bit of "google" you guys will know that it'll be around $1200 msrp, meaning we should not pay $1200, I never pay msrp for anything (any store that sells products at msrp is a rip off anyways)

CNBC news online says:
"The DDJ-SX will be available in November 2012 with a suggested retail price of $1,199."
pioneerprofessor 10:43 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
What about the stand alone mixer? There are 4 filter knobs. Is there the possibility to use those knobs with cdjs connected?

Yes you can use the h/l pass knobs with cdjs.
Simon Love Carter 10:45 AM - 3 October, 2012
Anyway they followed NI design style. They put jog wheels on top. I wonder how confortable it could be during scratching
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:46 AM - 3 October, 2012
Its £800 in the uk
pioneerprofessor 10:48 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
According AGIPRODJ around $2k street price (pricing is preliminary)

Really??? I can't believe they would put $1999 on their site, even if its "preliminary". That's hilarious, ROFLMFAO!!!
Simon Love Carter 10:49 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Without a connected laptop?
pioneerprofessor 10:51 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Without a connected laptop?

Yes, but not the software effects obviously, only the h/l pass effects
pioneerprofessor 10:53 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
Its £800 in the uk

Sounds about right 👍
signs 10:54 AM - 3 October, 2012
digitaldjtips.com sais:

Quote:

The DDJ-SX, bundled with Serato DJ, is available from November at a SRP of US$1,199 / £809 / €999, with the first 10,000 units bundled with a free licence for the Serato Video plug-in, worth around US$149 / £92 / €116.

Simon Love Carter 10:58 AM - 3 October, 2012
for 999 mine at day one!
nik39 11:51 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
Anyway they followed NI design style. They put jog wheels on top. I wonder how confortable it could be during scratching

I don't think that you need to be a genius to design it this way, and no way that NI could patent it. Man.. what do you think? You can put a patent on a rectangular, round shaped iPhone?? .. Oh wait... ;)
DJ Xio 12:38 PM - 3 October, 2012
The controller will ship in November at an MSRP of $1199
leonteegan 2:21 PM - 3 October, 2012
just pre-ordered mine £809 roll on November anyone wanna buy a cheap xone dx hahahahaha
Simon Love Carter 2:34 PM - 3 October, 2012
I wonder how many djs are going to sell their equipment for this brand new controller....
Simon Love Carter 2:46 PM - 3 October, 2012
Anyway I have to calm down and let the buying mania rush go away. Let's focus on the news about this controller: 4 channels and deck aggregator, filter knobs, sp-6 pads, booth monitor out.
I think we need to concentrate on the brand new software they are going to release. Serato DJ that is going to replace ITCH and DJ INTRO.
With my ddj-s1 we have to wait on spring 2013, it's fine for me. I hope to find all the enhancements there. I just need better fxs, master tempo and I heard about mappin an external midi controller with is certainly good for sp-6 control. what do you think guys about the software?
Panotaker 2:46 PM - 3 October, 2012
Not me, I'm sticking with my NS7 for now, until a replacement for the NS7 comes out. I like my motorized platters too much.
DJ_SHMOO-agiprodj 4:11 PM - 4 October, 2012
In case you missed the update. The US MAP price is $999 pre-orders are being taken at a very rapid rate by many people on this forum. We are glad to one of the first retailers to beleive 100% in this product. The combination of Serato and Pioneer can't do anything but win.

www.agiprodj.com
nik39 6:33 PM - 4 October, 2012
Quote:
In case you missed the update. The US MAP price is $999 pre-orders are being taken at a very rapid rate by many people on this forum. We are glad to one of the first retailers to beleive 100% in this product. The combination of Serato and Pioneer can't do anything but win.

www.agiprodj.com

Release date towards the end of November?
yeahdef 6:40 PM - 4 October, 2012
Heard back from Ty @ AGIPRO this morning that launch day is tentatively Nov 12 2012.
There are still pre-orders open as of this morning, so I went ahead and got mine reserved.
[O/][iii][O/] 12:51 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
Gtf outta here!!! A controller should never be more than $1200, who in their right mind would buy it.

I've been asking that very same question about Pioneer CDJs (and other Pioneer units) for years, but as we all know they sell like hotcakes for some strange reason. Cheap plastic, toy-like CDJ-2000s that cost around $2K each, plus add in a matching Pioneer mixer for another $2K and you're up to $6K for a kit. No big deal IMO for professional gear if designed and built to truly be that. So, $2K-$6K for an all-in-one, TRULY professional controller solution is not out of line IF it's up to snuff and not just another disposable unit like they've ALL been up to this point. Unfortunately all these manufacturers are still catering to the kid/hobbyist/consumer/prosumer market and not the hardcore, full PROFESSIONAL market. They all manage to miss critical things that keep them out of this league. Hopefully that will someday change.
blackavenger 12:57 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
Unfortunately all these manufacturers are still catering to the kid/hobbyist/consumer/prosumer market and not the hardcore, full PROFESSIONAL market. They all manage to miss critical things that keep them out of this league.

Yeah, there are several things, now that I know the full scoop, that have given me pause about the DDJ-SX.....I think I'm gonna wait til' the YouTube vids get put up, and Guitar Center gets a demo unit to play with.
VinnyBlanc 3:33 PM - 5 October, 2012
Black,

What hesitations/reservations do you have about the DDJ-SX?
Papa Midnight 6:11 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
AGIPRODJ invented that price out of thin air. They even state on their website Pricing is preliminary. Please do not attempt to place an order.

Sit tight - Pioneer will release official pricing soon.

Judge Dredd has spoken.
Felonyruckus 5:28 PM - 6 October, 2012
Pro Sound and Stage Lighting has the price at $999.
Felonyruckus 5:31 PM - 6 October, 2012
Guitar Center has it for $999 also with a release date of 10/13.
DJ Xio 6:07 AM - 9 October, 2012
Pre ordered from Musicians Friend with over night shipping ;)

Can't wait!
Ragman 6:16 AM - 9 October, 2012
You guys be sure and post mini reviews when you get them.
R-A-C 12:05 PM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:

I've been asking that very same question about Pioneer CDJs (and other Pioneer units) for years, but as we all know they sell like hotcakes for some strange reason. Cheap plastic, toy-like CDJ-2000s that cost around $2K each

yeah lol couldn't have said it any better. and now 1 grand for an even worse all-in-one china plastic toy :-P

but as you said for some very strange reason those thingies sell ... looks like the majority is just keen on toys :-/
Paco71 12:38 PM - 11 October, 2012
Actually, the SX is not plastic ;)
R-A-C 6:20 PM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:
Actually, the SX is not plastic ;)

:-P
Ragman 2:38 AM - 12 October, 2012
SX is a NS6 clone body wise with all the things we wanted the NS6 to have.
m3xic4ndiy3i 2:58 AM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
SX is a NS6 clone body wise with all the things we wanted the NS6 to have

thats true, Pioneer just read carefully the ITCH forums , nice move

NUMARK counterattack ? i want to see that! u can do!
DjFuentes82 4:16 PM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
SX is a NS6 clone body wise with all the things we wanted the NS6 to have

thats true, Pioneer just read carefully the ITCH forums , nice move

NUMARK counterattack ? i want to see that! u can do!

You guys remember the Numark MPC DJ prototype? That would be a great addition to Serato Dj. I would for sure get one. What do u guys think?
www.djtechtools.com
jprime 7:12 PM - 12 October, 2012
On the flip, seartoDJ may have lost me. No tight integration with the DVS :(

My gut tells me it will happen down the road though....just not sure how long I want to wait with fingers crossed.
B.Hollywood 9:27 AM - 13 October, 2012
Quote:
On the flip, seartoDJ may have lost me. No tight integration with the DVS :(

My gut tells me it will happen down the road though....just not sure how long I want to wait with fingers crossed.

Im sure serato will allow time codes with serato dj soon enough. looking forward to it. The plus side is MIDI, game changer in my books
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:57 AM - 13 October, 2012
If it has midi out i agree, but there has been no word on midi out. (Which is need if you want any of the lights to work on your controller)
Maskrider 10:39 AM - 13 October, 2012
I'm just excited about effects.
Maver1ck 1:24 PM - 16 October, 2012
Xio you are going to go back to Serato from Traktor? What is that going to do to your music library? Sounds like you would have to reanalyze everything...
DJ Xio 2:09 PM - 16 October, 2012
Pretty much... Reanalyze and more importantly manually set cue points! :p
VinnyBlanc 2:30 PM - 16 October, 2012
Will the copy of Serato Video be somehow tied to the DDJ-SX unit or will it be a licensed copy that I can sell/transfer to someone else? I am about to pre-order the DDJ-SX (RIP NS6) ,but have no plans on mixing video and wouldn';t mind recouping some money.

Sorry to hi-jack, but I can't start a new thread here at work? If someone else could start a new thread that would be great!
Papa Midnight 2:45 PM - 16 October, 2012
Quote:
Will the copy of Serato Video be somehow tied to the DDJ-SX unit or will it be a licensed copy that I can sell/transfer to someone else? I am about to pre-order the DDJ-SX (RIP NS6) ,but have no plans on mixing video and wouldn';t mind recouping some money.

Sorry to hi-jack, but I can't start a new thread here at work? If someone else could start a new thread that would be great!

Licenses are non transferable as they are tied to your account. Not the unit itself.
VinnyBlanc 2:57 PM - 16 October, 2012
I meant if I never activated it / used it and sold it immediately. I guess transferable was the wrong word to use there.
DjFuentes82 3:53 PM - 16 October, 2012
Quote:

That's a good point. In my case I'm thinking of grabbing an SX but already have a Serato Video license.
djemdub 10:46 PM - 16 October, 2012
My number on question remains unanswered.

Will there be MIDI out?
There's no point in buying an F1 to compliment my ns6 if there's no way to make the lights turn on and show off the cool colors
Papa Midnight 11:12 PM - 16 October, 2012
Quote:
There's no point in buying an F1 to compliment my ns6 if there's no way to make the lights turn on and show off the cool colors

Moot point considering owners of the NS6 won't have to pay to upgrade...
blackavenger 12:33 AM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:

Will there be MIDI out?

I really doubt there is going to be MIDI out........ That has been a requested feature for many years, and nothing has even been mentioned about it so far.
djemdub 7:40 AM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Will there be MIDI out?

I really doubt there is going to be MIDI out........ That has been a requested feature for many years, and nothing has even been mentioned about it so far.

that would really suck and have a lot of users mad here.lol
everyone would go on a rant about how their controllers wont have lights on and how much it helps for them to have lights
i really hope serato didnt over-look this feature request. They did mention updates would be rolling out over the near months of the release date so if this isnt in the initial release, hopefully it will be implemented by the time the rest of us get access to serato dj
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:49 AM - 17 October, 2012
Yes midi out is really needed when adding other midi devices as you then know what button you have pressed or function running. With out it like it has been in ssl does make it very hard to add another controller as its all just sat in the dark. If it is not in the first release im sure it will take years before it ever happens. Serato is very very slow on adding features just like midi out ppl have been crying out loud for it for years and years in ssl.
blackavenger 3:44 PM - 17 October, 2012
Quote:
Serato is very very slow on adding features just like midi out ppl have been crying out loud for it for years and years in ssl.

exactly.
Papa Midnight 12:21 AM - 19 October, 2012
We've got Screenshots!

serato.com
Papa Midnight 12:24 AM - 19 October, 2012
i.sera.to
I'm not sure how I feel about the deck view itself, but I know this will make NS6 users pretty happy.
Papa Midnight 12:25 AM - 19 October, 2012
As will this (and I gotta admit, that's a pretty decent 4 deck vertical view): i.sera.to
Ragman 2:11 AM - 19 October, 2012
Wow definitely more SSL like.
Panotaker 2:25 AM - 19 October, 2012
I wonder what it looks like on a 13" screen.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:29 AM - 19 October, 2012
That screenshot was taken on a 13" Macbook Pro :)
Dj Wunder 2:40 AM - 19 October, 2012
Wunder what looks like on a 17"
DiRTSNaP 2:48 AM - 19 October, 2012
That's what she said(?)
Dj Wunder 8:22 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
That's what she said(?)

Snap!
dj-freestyle 3:10 PM - 19 October, 2012
As far as release date they will be out nov 1st. guitar center is doing instore promotions on nov 1 at there major stores in you look online and they will have units there to sell.