Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Need info on requirements to download software

Product
Scratch Live
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Susan Marie 1:54 PM - 1 October, 2012
I do not have the Scratch software yet. I want to teach it in a summer camp due to high request. There are a number of computers for the kids to use. Please tell me specs required for PC's and Macs. How do I use the Scratch program on multiple computers? Do i need to download it on each one? Once downloaded, is it easy to uninstall if school chooses to to have it during the school year? Do I need any special permission to use the program as intended above?
Xfade 3:25 PM - 1 October, 2012
The specs for Scratch Live is stated at the bottom of this page: serato.com

But you should know that you need to buy hardware (SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4, TTM57SL, Sixty-One, Sixty-Two och Sixty-Eight) in order for it to work :)

You would have to install it on all computers (don't need to download it on everyone if you have a USB-memory stick or something to transfer it to all the computers)

It's really easy to uninstall, takes just a minute or two :)

I have no clue about permissions though since I'm just a regular user :P
Susan Marie 4:16 PM - 1 October, 2012
Thank you for that information. I thought that the "Scratch" program was a video game programming software that was created by MIT. I want to teach children in my summer program the basics of video game programming. It sounds like "Scratch Live" is more than that. In order for me to teach it I have to learn it first ;-)