Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itch effects

Sand 8:55 PM - 20 September, 2012
I use Scratch live and Itch, both are great products but will we every get the same effects from Scratch live on Itch?
The effect on Itch are no way near as good as Scratch live, and surely it can't hard to include them into itch?
DJ CAPRO 9:19 PM - 20 September, 2012
every time i think about Itch's effects I become depressed for a few minutes

not to mention my SSL has some bug now that screws the FX BPM up if you check Enable FX Send

FML
hamplifier 6:41 AM - 21 September, 2012
Quote:
every time i think about Itch's effects I become depressed for a few minutes

FML

only a few mins? im constantly depressed by them :(
DJSP1KE 11:35 AM - 21 September, 2012
But when i look in the program files , there seems to be a hole list of effects , they should be changable ,
DJ CAPRO 2:21 PM - 21 September, 2012
Quote:
only a few mins? im constantly depressed by them :(

I play my Playstation Vita to alleviate DJ depression. Although I'm keeping less tabs on music than I used to... Oh well.

Quote:
But when i look in the program files , there seems to be a hole list of effects , they should be changable ,

Those must be the ScratchLive effects, they are stored in the same spot but are not interchangeable. Legal barricades no doubt.
DJSP1KE 3:19 PM - 21 September, 2012
Arghh i see explains that then lol

Nice 1 itch
saNppa 4:29 AM - 22 September, 2012
It makes me a bit frustrated, when Serato uses resources to create 2 channels view for NS6 and doesn't pay attention for ideas that would really be useful. If you buy four channels, use them! Personally I do, I ain't going back to 2 channels. Do I use bigger screen? Lenovo x220 has 12,5", so I guess I don't.

There's more than dozen details, that needs changing or fixing and fx's are definitely one of them.
seratosnatch 8:23 AM - 22 September, 2012
I have to agree that fx should be the number one change and rebuild, but one has to remember that Serato is not selling software directly to dj's, but selling to controller manufacturers.. %%%.
phatbob 9:33 AM - 22 September, 2012
Quote:
It makes me a bit frustrated, when Serato uses resources to create 2 channels view for NS6 and doesn't pay attention for ideas that would really be useful. If you buy four channels, use them! Personally I do, I ain't going back to 2 channels. Do I use bigger screen? Lenovo x220 has 12,5", so I guess I don't.

There's more than dozen details, that needs changing or fixing and fx's are definitely one of them.

Whilst I do agree with you in principle (buying a 4-deck controller and complaining it has 4-decks is insane to me), you can't deny that people moaned on and on about it, and are no doubt grateful to have that 2-deck view.

What we're seeing in the current public beta is that Serato seem to be focusing closely on a few things with each release, and trying to get those wrapped up and out the door as quickly as they can.

Seems to me like FX don't need a few tweaks, they need a total overhaul, so I expect that might take a while. I don't mind waiting a bit if it means we get something truly kick-ass. Fingers crossed!