Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Just moved library to 2nd internal, Dragged files to relocate lost files........

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Mitchythekid 4:25 AM - 20 September, 2012
I just added a 2nd internal hard drive in my laptop and dragged the files to relocate lost files. It worked for some not others, In my library it shows the missing one in red and the other one in black that should be there. But the problem is, now in my crates I'm seeing a bunch of missing files. But if I search in the library most of them are there!

Also does it not search through subfolders? Some of them that are about 3 and 4 deep in subfolders I had to search them out and manually add them.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong and that I don't have to search through every one of my crates and re-add everything.....................
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:18 PM - 20 September, 2012
Scratch Live will not relocate a file that is already there.
Please rescan your id3 tags by clicking on the rescan id3 tag tab at the bottom of the Files tab.
From there, click on your 'all' section.
Now click on the first column header (to the left of the box with the dot next to it).
This will group all the pink files together and all the playable files.
From here, does it look like half of your library is playable and half is pink?
Are all your non playable files showing up in your crates?

If so, you will need to delete all the playable files from your 'all' section before you'll be able to relocate the files in your crates.
Mitchythekid 4:22 PM - 20 September, 2012
Thanks! If I delete files from the library, will it affect my crates?
Mitchythekid 4:24 PM - 20 September, 2012
Also so far it only looks like 1/3 or less of the library is showing up in pink
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:26 PM - 20 September, 2012
Quote:
Thanks! If I delete files from the library, will it affect my crates?

Yes.. it could if you have playable files within your crates.
If all of the files in your crates are pink than follow through with my instruction.

If not, this is getting tricky and I would suggest starting over using this article --> serato.com
6:00 PM, 4 Oct 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.