Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Finally, A GUI based sync program for file management

DJ Cs 4:28 AM - 17 September, 2012
Many of us have been talking about a GUI based file management program that will let us keep our crates and subcrates updated.

I've been working on a file management program for over two years and finally ready to reveal a little bit about it.

It has the following features:

1. Add Directories by drag and drop or using a directory chooser that will go to a sync window.

2. Rename Directories in the program.

3. Copy to Device feature, allows copying the full Serato structure And Media files to an external drive.

4. Sync Feature, allows you to sync any directories on your hard drive to create crates and subcrates in Serato Itch or Scratch Live.

5. Export to CSV feature, allows exporting your full library with all relevant MP3 tag info.

6. Backup Feature, allows you to backup your current or any selected external Serato database to any location.

7. Set Columns Feature, Set the column headings in the sync program and sync it to Serato Itch/Scratch Live to have consistent category headings throughout.

8. Find Lost Files, allows you to identify missing directories or files since the last sync.

9. Import Crate structure, allows you to import any saved Serato crate structure into the sync program to make a complete recovery or add additional crates/subcrates to your library.

10. Auto Backup of your complete Serato Database to any location.

11. Overwrite/ Append mode of syncing crates. Append will only add changed files, crates or subcrates.

12. The sync program remembers the crate structure and does a live read to find newly added files, allowing you to just open the sync program and press sync to update thousands of newly added files in any directory shown in the sync program.

This is a basic description of the program, however, it does include other advanced uses, all in a graphical click and drag and drop format.

Please visit this video link to get an overview of features and explore the Synchronize Feature.

Also, please watch the videos in the highest quality for best results.

www.youtube.com

More info will follow, but I did want to see if the interest or need was there.

Any questions or comments, please leave comments on the video channel.

Stay tuned for the go live date.

Thanks.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:10 AM - 17 September, 2012
Ohhh watcing vids now! :). Will try it out tomorrow
blackavenger 5:30 AM - 17 September, 2012
Yeah, just finished watching the vids.......can't wait to try it out :)
dj-nice 9:43 AM - 17 September, 2012
great......but its Apple or Android not Windows OS?
nik39 10:59 AM - 17 September, 2012
Good work :) Finally someone put some energy into a GUI :)
Konix 2:19 PM - 17 September, 2012
Nice ;)
phatbob 6:08 PM - 17 September, 2012
I was lucky enough to get the chance to have a play with an early version of this, and it's definitely impressive.

Suspect it will make a lot of users very happy!
Zep 7:29 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:

Yep, Confirmed works on Windows XP->Windows 7!
DJSI 9:18 PM - 17 September, 2012
Hi i really like the look of this. Can you scan the BPM's using this utility on the fly? The one thing I hate is that sometimes you get asked for a tune that you diddnt prep in your set and your cant scan while your midi controller is connected.
dj-nice 9:27 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

when will be publish date?
Zep 9:36 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:
Hi i really like the look of this. Can you scan the BPM's using this utility on the fly? The one thing I hate is that sometimes you get asked for a tune that you diddnt prep in your set and your cant scan while your midi controller is connected.

DJSI, My beta test version doesn't do this right now but I think that would be a great feature to add.
Zep 9:38 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

when will be publish date?

The YouTube video description above mentions that it might be available sometime tonight (EST).
DJSI 9:38 PM - 17 September, 2012
Hi Zep thanks for coming back to me. This new Util is it being developed under serato or is it independant ie will it be an available as a serato software update? thanx
Zep 9:42 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:
Hi Zep thanks for coming back to me. This new Util is it being developed under serato or is it independant ie will it be an available as a serato software update? thanx

DJSI, No, It's from an independent source (not affiliated with serato).
DJ Cs 10:31 PM - 17 September, 2012
Hello Guys, thanks for all the great responses.

We definitely put some time and other resources into it.

It will be available tonight after 7:00 EST

The website is Alchimiedj.com

Please feel free to leave any comments, questions or suggestions you may have.

I think this will help make an incredible DJ Program (Serato Itch/Scratchlive) even better.
Zep 10:34 PM - 17 September, 2012
Sweet!
Konix 11:46 PM - 17 September, 2012
Zep 12:11 AM - 18 September, 2012
Konix, excellent video and good presentation, as always!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:13 AM - 18 September, 2012
Purchased the software :)
Zep 2:22 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:

Thanks DJ_X_Trodinaire. I'm hoping these guys do well. I've seen the development roadmap; some of the items look delicious.
blackavenger 5:08 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:

Same here. I am sure this is something I want to get on from the start.
DJ Cs 8:50 AM - 18 September, 2012
Nik39 Wrote:
Quote:
Good work :) Finally someone put some energy into a GUI :)

Thanks Nik39, that means a lot considering your program helped so many of us over the years and gave us inspiration to (try) to push this to the next level. Great work on the incredible ScratchTools.

We hope to match the ability of that program one day.
dj-nice 1:23 PM - 18 September, 2012
mmmh....Win 7 / 64 bit with 32bit Java 6 installed.
jar file does not start
DJ Cs 3:06 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
mmmh....Win 7 / 64 bit with 32bit Java 6 installed.
jar file does not start

Will check that Dj-nice and get back to you. Check your PM.

Quote:
wow nice work on this app

Thanks DJSyndic8, we really put some time into it to make it useful.
dj-nice 6:44 PM - 18 September, 2012
ok, made new install on w7/64 Notebook and could start the jar. one time
but only exactly only one time! After closing the programm, there is no way to start the jar a 2nd time.

Tryed deinstall / install
reboot....

no way for a 2nd start
Zep 6:47 PM - 18 September, 2012
Thats odd, what version of java are you running? On my Win7/64 box the command line output from java -version looks like this:

java version "1.7.0_07"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_07-b10)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.3-b01, mixed mode)

And it runs perfectly.
dj-nice 6:52 PM - 18 September, 2012
java version "1.7.0_05"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)

Are there any stored datafiles which are stored at first times start and config?
Zep 6:58 PM - 18 September, 2012
try deleting alchimie.properties & musicroots_v1.ser in your user folder. WARNING: doing this will remove any music roots & config you have already set up in Alchimie Zinc but will leave your serato installation/crates unaffected.
dj-nice 7:06 PM - 18 September, 2012
After deleteing alchimie.properties it starts one time and i have to delete again
dj-nice 7:15 PM - 18 September, 2012
When i delete this row in alchimie.properties
USER_PREF=Mp8lM1Pq/N4Yo3M7dMCD/ve/y4QOAlhFfl4eBXgUVwY\=

the program will start an build a new, non functional alchimie.properties
Zep 7:50 PM - 18 September, 2012
dj-nice, send an email to support (at) alchimiedj (dot) com. I think they may have a solution for you.

Thanks,

Zep
dj-nice 7:59 PM - 18 September, 2012
Played a little bit around....
Did a "set column" update, and many subcrate now only have one column "song"
Zep 8:03 PM - 18 September, 2012
There is an excellent tutorial video on the "set columns" feature at Watchwww.youtube.com

You can add or subtract columns at will but you can never remove the song column.
dj-nice 8:45 PM - 18 September, 2012
yes, but i use custom crates columns and got in "all" correct columns but also in few subrates are all columns deleted. The is only "song" present. contacted support already. thx ;-)
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:57 PM - 18 September, 2012
i just installed this on mac osx 10.6.8 and after opening the first time will no longer open. But also what is import database??? i thourt this ment import the serato database so you can edit it? but it did not load my crates into this software? or is this not what it does???
DJ Cs 9:26 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
i just installed this on mac osx 10.6.8 and after opening the first time will no longer open. But also what is import database??? i thourt this ment import the serato database so you can edit it? but it did not load my crates into this software? or is this not what it does???

Send an email to support (at) alchimiedj (dot) com. We will send you the fix.

The Import Database lets you pick an internal or external Crate structure to import into Alchimie Zinc. You can manipulate the Crate structure only.
It does not let you edit the Serato Database file, It does not touch those files at all.
DJ Cs 1:10 AM - 19 September, 2012
Quote:
Oh by the way I am definitely buying this software:)

Thanks, I think you will definitely like what's coming down the road for it as well.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:03 AM - 19 September, 2012
so all this is for is to sync a single folder with a single crate? you can not make the crate in this software? and then you can use it to copy your folders to another hhd? as thats all it seems like it does to me. not something i would use, but good idea for those that would need it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:16 AM - 19 September, 2012
well i got the demo had a mess around but really dont get it when i goto import data base none of my crates come up just a bunch of files, just trying toget my head around what it is supossed todo really lol. i got shit loads of crates and folders but my folders do not match my crates and from what i have seen this is what this is for? so like i said one folder to one crate. looked at all the videos ect. hhhmm.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:18 AM - 19 September, 2012
and when i say single folder to single crate i dont mean thats all one folder you can have ten thousand but all ten thousand crates will each match a folder???
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:58 AM - 19 September, 2012
yes i think you are correct, i think im thinking of it backwards lol, will spend some more time on it i think.
DJ Cs 5:13 PM - 19 September, 2012
For anyone having problems with downloading using Mountain Lion:

here is the fix for mountain lion. it is also now on our site under downloads section.

The new "GateKeeper" by default turns off the ability to run or mount images for software not downloaded or digitally signed from the App Store.

To turn this off on Mountain Lion, go to system> preferences> Security & Privacy >General and select Allow Applications downloaded from: "Anywhere".

Without this, Mac OSX will erroneously report the DMG as corrupt and the app as corrupt.

You can turn this back on afterwards if you prefer.
DJ Cs 7:07 PM - 7 October, 2012
Haven't had a problem with it, but will test it again.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 4:45 PM - 24 October, 2012
Wonder if there will be any issues with Serato DJ
DJ Cs 5:40 PM - 24 October, 2012
Doubtful, but testing Nov 1st