Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

PIONEER DDJ-WeGO support for DJ Intro

2.Um.@.X 8:52 AM - 15 September, 2012
I like the software but we need support for PIONEER DDJ-WeGO on Serato DJ Intro. Will there be a software update for this unit?
phatbob 1:41 PM - 15 September, 2012
That's up to Pioneer to licence Intro for it, you should be asking them.
2.Um.@.X 4:42 PM - 17 September, 2012
I am trying to contact PIONEER about this topic but no avail on their website.

Can anyone provide me a link on how to request SERATO DJ INTRO to be compatible with PIONEER DDJ-WEGO ?
credentia1 11:24 PM - 18 September, 2012
DEFINATELY AGREE!
2.Um.@.X 9:40 PM - 19 September, 2012
Will it be possible for PIONEER WeGo be a SERATO DJ INTRO unit?
pdidy 5:38 AM - 20 September, 2012
Quote:
That's up to Pioneer to licence Intro for it, you should be asking them.

I think your question has been answered.
nik39 10:33 PM - 1 October, 2012
In this video Pioneer says that it works with Serato... I assume Intro.

www.youtube.com
pdidy 12:23 AM - 2 October, 2012
Yes it appears pioneer "intends " on licensing intro but there dose not appear to be any official announcement yet.

Warning: being that this controller was designed for virtual dj its very likely many features will not work in serato intro. So do your research before you buy. You have been warned!
2.Um.@.X 1:09 AM - 3 October, 2012
Quote:
In this video Pioneer says that it works with Serato... I assume Intro.

www.youtube.com

I saw it! Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Yes it appears pioneer "intends " on licensing intro but there dose not appear to be any official announcement yet.

Warning: being that this controller was designed for virtual dj its very likely many features will not work in serato intro. So do your research before you buy. You have been warned!

The features maybe deducted but the portability and the price of the unit (together with a range of colors to choose from) is an eye catching.
2.Um.@.X 4:43 AM - 3 October, 2012
The thing that I am worried is that they did post on releasing SERATO DJ but not mentioning about compatible with DDJ-WeGO.
gilmedel 2:29 AM - 5 October, 2012
I got mine yesterday looks like Intro does not recognize it :0( gonna try itch and then mapping it to SSL, see how good it works as midi. Maybe it will work with Serato DJ? aw an other $199, gues I'll start saving up.
2.Um.@.X 2:36 AM - 5 October, 2012
I am still waiting for an update here in SERATO website. Wish they will release it soon!
alh61266 2:38 AM - 11 October, 2012
I too am waiting.. no offense to Virtual DJ but I am comfortable with SSL
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:16 PM - 11 October, 2012
But it's not SSL..........it's "Intro".....
alh61266 12:44 AM - 12 October, 2012
i know its intro. a basic way of SSL, i am just very used to it.
pdidy 12:46 AM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
i know its intro. a basic way of SSL, i am just very used to it.

Have you actually used intro before ?
2.Um.@.X 6:53 AM - 12 October, 2012
The unit is already out and their introduction video about DDJ-WeGO that it supports SERATO. Is there a delay from SERATO about the support for the unit?
pdidy 7:58 AM - 12 October, 2012
Ever considered asking Pioneer, they do have a forum.....forums.pioneerdj.com
Morsy 1:28 AM - 20 October, 2012
Damn was thinking of buying the Pioneer but guess I gotta wait... Right now the Vestax Typhoon seems to be working well though...

Just wish Serato "Intro" was as good as Serato
2.Um.@.X 4:27 PM - 22 October, 2012
Yeah, I was kinda waiting for the DDJ-WEGO be compatible with any SERATO software. Wish they will be releasing it before the end of NOVEMBER 2012.
DJJP glasgow 9:55 AM - 8 November, 2012
i spoke to someone at pioneer yesterday. serato are working on getting the wego to work with serato software at the moment and shouldn't be waiting too long. hope this helps
2.Um.@.X 5:52 PM - 8 November, 2012
Thank you! Was there any detail what SERATO software are they gonna collaborate with the WEGO?

It's gonna be a BAD @$$ software if they gonna use SERATO DJ because you can install SERATO VIDEO with it. But then again if they will implement SERATO DJ INTRO, I am still happy for that because the software is FREE.

I hope they will release it before the end of 2012.
credentia1 4:25 AM - 9 November, 2012
thats good to hear, waiting for serato support before buying!!
DJJP glasgow 12:34 PM - 12 November, 2012
They didn't mention what software would work with the wego, but they did mention it should be ready for start of the new year. I've used it with the full virtual dj pro full 7.1. It works really we'll, but it's still virtual dj lol I have ssl and hope they will find a way to integrate it in to that.
2.Um.@.X 5:32 PM - 12 November, 2012
I used Virtual DJ before but I don't like the feel of the software. If SERATO would support the PULSE EFFECT on the unit, so much the better (if they will release it for SERATO DJ)! If not, I am fine with any software SERATO would support for it.

There was one time I have installed SERATO ITCH (for my NS6), SERATO DJ INTRO, VIRTUAL DJ 7.0.5 and TORQ 1.5 (for my Xponent)... my Vestax Typhoon was messed up. The Cross Faders were in reversed!

I noticed that there was a conflict with the software so I reinstalled everything on my computer then removed Virtual DJ and TORQ 1.5 on the equation.

Now I would rather use 1 software to eliminate confusion on the unit and the software.
DJJP glasgow 6:50 PM - 12 November, 2012
Wego doesn't even register on serato, so no conflict at the mo lol. I use virtual dj for functions and serato for more serious gigs. I hope serato get it sorted soon as I'd love to get away from vdj. SERATO PLEASE GET THIS SORTED SOON!!!!
2.Um.@.X 7:41 PM - 12 November, 2012
Quote:
Wego doesn't even register on serato, so no conflict at the mo lol. I use virtual dj for functions and serato for more serious gigs. I hope serato get it sorted soon as I'd love to get away from vdj. SERATO PLEASE GET THIS SORTED SOON!!!!

I seconded!
DJJP glasgow 7:12 AM - 15 November, 2012
Got an email from serato today with talk of an update soon. Hope this includes the wego 😃 jp
DJJP glasgow 5:45 PM - 25 November, 2012
has anybody got more info on the sera to - wego situation??
2.Um.@.X 6:33 PM - 25 November, 2012
Not yet. My hands are itching to get this unit to be SERATO compatible for a while now. I don't like VIRTUAL DJ as a supported software (no offense), because its distracting my eyes while mixing. I tried the DDJ-ERGO and works just as is for DJ INTRO. The only problem is that the DDJ-ERGO is too big to carry with my backpack.

I am currently using an 11-inch laptop so the DDJ-WEGO is perfect for it to carry on-the-go.
DJJP glasgow 6:39 PM - 25 November, 2012
im only using vdj just now to get some time on it. as soon a s sera to sort this, ill be back on that. 2_Um__X what kinda music do you play?
DeejayX-Tripi 8:08 PM - 30 November, 2012
Pioneer DDJ Wego With Serato Dj Intro When It Comes out
2.Um.@.X 9:37 PM - 3 December, 2012
Quote:
im only using vdj just now to get some time on it. as soon a s sera to sort this, ill be back on that. 2_Um__X what kinda music do you play?

I mostly play EDMs and Mainstream Dance Music.
Israudi 9:22 PM - 10 January, 2013
Hi all, someone could do the wego work with serato dj intro? .... I die for my wego forward to working with dj intro: (and I would like someone to help me do it
2.Um.@.X 10:27 PM - 10 January, 2013
Please refer to the link I am providing.
forums.pioneerdj.com
2.Um.@.X 10:28 PM - 10 January, 2013
Quote:
Please refer to the link I am providing.
forums.pioneerdj.com

At least they have shown us that there is hope for the controller.
Israudi 11:17 PM - 10 January, 2013
Then ddj wego never worked with dj intro?
Israudi 11:36 PM - 10 January, 2013
there is hope for the wego work with serato dj intro?
2.Um.@.X 8:45 AM - 11 January, 2013
There is. Just wait for it. I heard from PIONEER people that they are still in talks on the supporting the unit with SERATO. But its unclear what software would support it.
DJJP glasgow 8:47 AM - 11 January, 2013
I've also spoke with pioneer and they told me the same thing.
2.Um.@.X 8:49 AM - 11 January, 2013
Here is the link for the forum for Pioneer DDJ-WEGO SERATO Support.
forums.pioneerdj.com
rulodj 1:26 AM - 30 January, 2013
Hello I try to find information about how the DDJ-WEGO work with SERATO I see you time ago wear that item, can bring me up to date?
DJJP glasgow 8:24 AM - 30 January, 2013
Serato are working on the wego at the moment. Shouldn't be waiting too long.
Hope this helps.
Global Love 9:25 PM - 1 February, 2013
HI guys. Am hoping you can help me. My charity has just got funding for some dj equipment and looking at the wego but want to see if it works with a tablet? The funding was for a portable Dj set up. basically an i get the wego a tablet and the software that will work together? apologies for newbness ;-) am just a youth worker
DJJP glasgow 9:31 PM - 1 February, 2013
Not sure about a tablet, think it works with iPad tho. What software is on your tablet??
Global Love 9:43 PM - 1 February, 2013
well this is the thing. I want to get the wego a tablet and the software. Haven't bought anything yet so the tablets main use will be within this setup. I know their are a lot better tablets about that are a lot more freed up so just trying to figure out how to do it within about £700
DJJP glasgow 9:46 PM - 1 February, 2013
So what do you need for your £700??
Global Love 9:49 PM - 1 February, 2013
a basic setup:
A wego
A tablet (if thats possible)
the basic software.

It is for an intro to djing for young people that is as portable as possible.
DJJP glasgow 9:52 PM - 1 February, 2013
I would probably go for a laptop over a tablet and get the wego and that would leave you enough for some software.
Global Love 9:55 PM - 1 February, 2013
ok cool. Cheers. i will look around for some small laptops, probably the safer option to be fair. Cheers for your help
phatbob 10:04 PM - 1 February, 2013
I'm absolutely with DJJP there. For around £300-400 you should be able to pick up a laptop which meets the minimum specs for Intro, and will be a much more flexible and powerful device than any tablet at the same price.
Global Love 10:08 PM - 1 February, 2013
yeah i agree too. I did think that would be the case but was just being optimistic. i will look into something small with a decent spec for this and maybe add a bit of blagging to get the price down.