Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Please add option to show dates the files were created

SonOfNitrous 1:02 AM - 19 August, 2012
this option would be great! Simples (-:
Serato, Support
Scott S 4:55 AM - 29 August, 2012
Are you talking about the date the file was created or the date the file was imported into Scratch Live? For 'date added', just right click in the column area of your library and select "Added".

Scott
SonOfNitrous 11:08 PM - 29 August, 2012
Hi Scott, I meant the date the actual file was created.

Thanks Matt.
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:09 PM - 29 August, 2012
Thanks for the feedback Matt,

Although that would be a good feature, I'm not sure what purpose it serves? Can you explain to me why you would need to use "Date Created"?

DJTabloid 2:52 AM - 27 November, 2012
I agree, can you please add a "Date Created" Sort option? This would help, because we add new tracks every day and in 2012 (alone) I have 2.5GB of music (divided by 8MB per song)... To sort by Date Created would help, because I will not have to switch back and forth between Explorer and Serato... I want to play my Latest hits, and without the Sort By 'Date Created' functionality I'm handicapped by switching between Explorer and Serato. It's frustrating to say the least. Please add :)
Xfade 8:44 AM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
I agree, can you please add a "Date Created" Sort option? This would help, because we add new tracks every day and in 2012 (alone) I have 2.5GB of music (divided by 8MB per song)... To sort by Date Created would help, because I will not have to switch back and forth between Explorer and Serato... I want to play my Latest hits, and without the Sort By 'Date Created' functionality I'm handicapped by switching between Explorer and Serato. It's frustrating to say the least. Please add :)

For this the Date added should work?
Dr0p 3:59 PM - 27 November, 2012
LOL @DJTabloid so you have ~320 songs?
EZC 10:13 AM - 28 January, 2013
I have just picked up serato and i'm gutted there isn't a "Sort by date file created" option for the file browser.

For years I have been sorting my tracks like the below:

September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
.. and so on.

I would sort tracks by the month I acquired the track on my hard drive, a nice organised file structure.

Now when I go to Serato file browser it's all in alphabetical order rather than chronological - a complete mess!

It must be such a simple feature to add, please would you consider it?

(It's either that or an option to take Serato off of full screen so I can see access my Macs navigator to drag and drop into Serato :) )

-Chris.
AristotleDJ 11:52 AM - 25 February, 2013
+1 to this
Nitratednb 7:50 AM - 22 September, 2013
This would be quality, like the others said, I put my tracks into date created list so all my most recent tracks are at the top of each genre list. Atm I have to use a separate monitor showing my music files and then search for the track i want in serato. Would be so much quicker to have the option in serato to list my music in this way.
deejdave 3:28 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
I have just picked up serato and i'm gutted there isn't a "Sort by date file created" option for the file browser.

For years I have been sorting my tracks like the below:

September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
.. and so on.

I would sort tracks by the month I acquired the track on my hard drive, a nice organised file structure.

Now when I go to Serato file browser it's all in alphabetical order rather than chronological - a complete mess!

It must be such a simple feature to add, please would you consider it?

(It's either that or an option to take Serato off of full screen so I can see access my Macs navigator to drag and drop into Serato :) )

-Chris.

You CAN take Serato off of full screen. You have to remember most people sort by Genre & then go alphabetical by artist. The genres are many times broken down by years or months (by folders) but I would think this is the way to go, no?