DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DMC Online Finals

Vekked 2:06 PM - 16 August, 2012
Lemme know what you think, drop a vote if you wanna support :)

Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks, peace!
howcome 2:58 PM - 16 August, 2012
Making it look easy. Very good set.
Vekked 3:11 PM - 16 August, 2012
Haha, looks easy until you see the other 10 hours of recordings :P. Thanks for checking it out!!
djdalite 7:07 PM - 16 August, 2012
skeet, deff vekked!
Dj Shamann 8:10 PM - 16 August, 2012
You from T.O. Vekked?
Vekked 8:20 PM - 16 August, 2012
dalite - thx brotha!

Shamann - nah I'm from Waterloo, not too far off tho
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:26 PM - 16 August, 2012
Very nicely done! Props!
DJ Shameless 8:26 PM - 16 August, 2012
very nice routine.
good luck
Dj Shamann 8:32 PM - 16 August, 2012
Quote:
dalite - thx brotha!

Shamann - nah I'm from Waterloo, not too far off tho

I clicked on your channel and saw you all over a KOTD vid so I wondered.

Anyway, good set, good luck on advancing.
DJ JT Stevens 8:48 PM - 16 August, 2012
Very nice set for sure. Good luck!
Vekked 9:20 AM - 17 August, 2012
yo thanks for checking it out guys, glad you enjoyed :).

Shamann - yea I've done 2 DJ battles for KOTD so far (just did the other one at World Domination 3 this weekend, should be up in a month or so), they're interested in doing more DJ stuff and it's a pretty good look for DJ/DJ battling given how much exposure KOTD has been getting
iNBiTuiN 9:49 PM - 17 August, 2012
Got my vote.
Dj Shamann 11:14 PM - 17 August, 2012
Quote:

Shamann - yea I've done 2 DJ battles for KOTD so far (just did the other one at World Domination 3 this weekend, should be up in a month or so), they're interested in doing more DJ stuff and it's a pretty good look for DJ/DJ battling given how much exposure KOTD has been getting

Yeah when I clicked on your channel I saw you all over the Kryme and Cancer battle, I also noticed people talking about "bringing Vekked back" I didn't realize this was an ongoing thing with them, but that's good to hear. Truth is even though I know a few people involved I've never been out to a KOTD
JayB1200 12:45 AM - 18 August, 2012
Nice....!
dj poisonous handz 12:54 AM - 18 August, 2012
i skip to my loo like napolean in waterloo
sacrilicious 1:15 AM - 18 August, 2012
Nicely done!
Mike_P 1:50 AM - 18 August, 2012
Excellent and dope shirt too!
s3kn0tr0n1c 1:23 PM - 18 August, 2012
VERY NICE battle routine.

Loving the intro dissin the "new style" Dubstep type sounds that too many dj's are bringing to the battle...Bring it back to the hiphop..

You did that intro soooooppppeeerrb.

Good mixture of scratching and juggling, dissing etc and making it look easy.

Defo made me say HELL YEH....

Good stuff.
trnsprtr 6:47 PM - 19 August, 2012
NICE!!!!!!
sixxx 8:57 PM - 19 August, 2012
i
don't
know
how
you
can
do
the
entire
routine
hamster
style

props
Daktyl 4:45 AM - 20 August, 2012
voted man, nicely done...
Vekked 4:00 PM - 20 August, 2012
yooo, damn thanks for all the replies guys! appreciate all the response for real :)

Shamann - word man, yea it's relatively recent but we're trying to get the ball rolling for DJ battles in KOTD. Def try to make it out if you're a fan of rap battles... the events are really fun, great atmosphere and such, don't feel like I'm gonna get stabbed usually LOL

s3kn0tr0n1c - thanks for all the kind words! just tried to make a fairly balanced routine... nobody disses nowadays and I decided to take the angle that tons of people are thinkings nowadays. I have no issue with dubstep/electro, but personally I love hip-hop, and it gets boring when EVERYONE uses dubstep/electro these days, and most of the routines that people are making with it aren't that interesting either...

sixxx - hahaha, yea I get that a lot, I guess juggling hamster is pretty confusing... took me years to figure it out but I kinda started learning myself not knowing it was any different, and then when I found out 99% of people juggle/mix regular I was too stubborn to learn the other way. Kinda paid off though, I think I have a couple patterns that are tough to do without being hamster.

But yea, respect to everyone who took the time to check, the feedback is really inspiring... good timing cuz I have the Canadian finals coming up to practice for, haha, peace!
Niro 6:18 PM - 20 August, 2012
Can't seem to find the Like button.
Dj Shamann 5:37 PM - 8 September, 2012
I heard you took the Canadian finals dude, congrats!
Dj Shamann 5:38 PM - 8 September, 2012
Niro, I love that avatar!
Vekked 10:42 PM - 9 September, 2012
Quote:
I heard you took the Canadian finals dude, congrats!

Haha, aw yeaaa, thanks man! Somehow snagged it again, haha. Wasn't easy this time, my mixer spazzed during warm up like 2 minutes before I had to perform (right side of cross wouldn't cut the sound), and my faders are all customized... way sharper than the stock ones. Had to use someone else's 57 but tried not to let it get to me and just did my thing. I guess it was enough!
DJ Tracktion 9:55 PM - 5 October, 2012
good work! Loved the differences in scratches riding the beat in the last part.
Vekked 1:58 AM - 7 October, 2012
thanks :) I try to keep it switching up, no sense repeating too much when you're on the clock
DJ NewYork 1:41 PM - 7 October, 2012
Standing Ovation!
DJ Dynamight 6:15 PM - 8 October, 2012
wicked skills man!
Vekked 8:46 AM - 9 October, 2012
Thanks guys! Glad people are still checking it and digging it :)

Just recently used some of these routines to win my first world title :D... www.dmcworld.net see the 2nd article down in the middle column.
jwagner 11:13 AM - 26 October, 2012
super dope
anthracite98 6:58 PM - 29 October, 2012
Nice job! I'm glad to see your skills being rewarded.