Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Just bought a Sixty Two and can't find my Livefeed file!

djstingray 8:29 AM - 29 July, 2012
I can't seem to find the file for Livefeed. On my 57 I had it saved in a folder, but I can't remember the name.

I use it all the time for recording and live use and it's bugging me that I can't find it! My bandmates are getting impatient with me!
DJ Barticus 5:20 PM - 29 July, 2012
they took away Livefeed,

here is 1 vote for them to bring it back
djstingray 6:09 PM - 29 July, 2012
What do you mean they took it away? I was using it on my 57 the day before I sold it.
WarpNote 5:54 AM - 30 July, 2012
Works with 57 & 68, not 61 & 62 as of now, Ive been told.
djstingray 5:22 AM - 31 July, 2012
Wow. The classic Bait & Switch. I feel so ripped off right now.
DJ Barticus 6:14 AM - 31 July, 2012
if enough people make noise it will show up in a future version
BERTO 4:28 AM - 1 August, 2012
Quote:
if enough people make noise it will show up in a future version
IAMVJBLAZE 3:41 AM - 7 August, 2012
SERIOUSLY SERATO PLEASE bring back LiveFeed for the sixty-two !!! How can this possibly be left out? What is the problem guys ? Why do features keep disappearing and re-appearing with different hardware and software versions? (MixTape)

ALSO please make the 62 FULLY MIDI-MAPPABLE to other software, and not lock it down to SSL !! That really hurts creativity !! I'm trying to push the envelope here !!

Thank you from a loyal user of SSL since 2006 !! I've helped sell your software over the years because I was an early adopter !! THank you for listening and adding Mix Emergency functionality back in, now PLEASE address this issue !! I NEED LIVE-FEED. I sold my 57 to get a 62 !!

CHARGE ME SOME MONEY !! I would pay a yearly subscription to use SSL if issues were addressed in a TIMELY manner !! THANKS
djstingray 11:26 AM - 17 August, 2012
bump.

Still waiting for reply from Serato or Rane. I wonder which one is going to take responsibility for this choice to remove a feature without telling anyone?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:20 PM - 17 August, 2012
Live feed will not be added back into the software unless there are enough people wanting it to warrant putting forth the effort on Serato's end.
There just wasn't enough people using that feature to warrant continued support thus it got taken out.
IAMVJBLAZE 10:47 PM - 17 August, 2012
Thanks for the feedback Zach, I do however take issue with that line of reasoning.

Livefeed was touted as such a ground-breaking feature (and it is) when first implemented. Now it is quietly cast-aside ? Granted, the lion-share of SSL users will not be using Livefeed. That is no reason to pull it from the smaller group of DJ's/VJ's who are constantly pushing the envelope and DO use Livefeed, primarily in performances with an artist.

It honestly sounds LAZY on Serato's part, to just stop supporting a feature like that. You don't add something like that, and then take it away. Why don't you just take away MASTER TEMPO while your at it?? (kidding)

If I'm being honest here, I would say it shows VERY bad form and lack of commitment to YOUR FLAGSHIP PRODUCT !! Hire some more programmers maybe !! It can't be THAT hard to update the code for Livefeed. I know I am NOT a programmer, but really, this can't be that difficult to RE-ENABLE in 2.4 and above.

And while you are at THAT, how about NOT locking down the 62 !! Allow MIDI to pass to other programs while SSL is running !! THIS IS HUGE !!! The flexibility and creativity it will allow us DJ's will be amazing !! RANE will sell a LOT more sixty-twos !! I know RANE wants that to happen !!

Thanks for your time I would like a response from a Serato rep please.

www.change.org
DJ Barticus 8:28 AM - 18 August, 2012
spotify + livefeed would be GAME OVER for weddings

this really needs to come back
SUBSTANCE 11:02 PM - 19 August, 2012
I'm also in the position where I'm looking for ways to create the Livefeed effect.
It was really good in bands & live performance situations.
The reasoning about not enough people using it doesn't take into account the people who DID use it, bought your latest equipment & now find out we can't use it as much as we'd like to.
Can we put that on the 'oh people actually did use it' list like midi mapping, video and mixtape?
Please re-implement LiveFeed.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:24 PM - 22 August, 2012
Hey Guys,

In order to continue moving forward, and spend time focusing on the most important aspects of the software, we found through a data gathering process that only a small percentage of our users actually used the live feed feature.

It was decided together by Serato and Rane, that it did not justify dedicating time to continue supporting the feature, when that time could be focused on other aspects with what resources we had. It is possible that live feed may return to the software in the future, but at this stage it will remain as is.

Cheers :)
nik39 11:04 PM - 22 August, 2012
Quote:
we found through a data gathering process that only a small percentage of our users actually used the live feed feature.

I'm not a live feed user, but if you'd take away a feature from me, which I was heavily using, I'd be mad too! This is not nice. :-(
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:37 AM - 23 August, 2012
I would imagine that of the small percentage that do use it, they would use it a lot, so I can totally understand why this would be heart breaking :(
IAMVJBLAZE 2:49 PM - 25 August, 2012
Quote:
I would imagine that of the small percentage that do use it, they would use it a lot, so I can totally understand why this would be heart breaking :(

Sir,

it really sounds like you do NOT care about us "small-percentage" of users who rely on Livefeed, based on your very short response and frowning face. The frowning face really makes me think you don't take this request seriously.

We need Livefeed to work with the newest hardware, PERIOD !! We upgrade to new hardware when it becomes available and we expect core features like Livefeed to be a part of it when we do.

This is not the type of feature you should take away so quietly.

It can't be THAT hard to re-implement. Please do it and I will sing you praises.

Also please address the Scratch Live LOCKING DOWN of the 62 when running. It is counter-productive to restrict the mixer in such a way just because SSL is running. We need midi-out to other programs. We need to use that second USB port on the same computer as an ASIO.

These are very reasonable requests to make. SSL is the HUB of my performances and I'm not liking the direction things are headed.

I purchased Video-SL back when the 57SL was released, that was money NOT well spent, and I have converted to Mix Emergency now and FOREVER for handling my Video needs.

I would even support SSL with a yearly subscription to use your software if it meant you guys updated the software in a more timely manner, and did not remove features because you simply DON'T WANT TO spend the resources to continue to support those features.

Respectfully, I will not let up in my efforts to convince you guys to support Livefeed in 2.4 and ABOVE !!

Thanks for your time.

VJ BLAZE
Res-Q 4:27 PM - 25 August, 2012
Quote:
We upgrade to new hardware when it becomes available and we expect core features like Livefeed to be a part of it when we do.

Very true, I love my 62, but removing features like that without warning is miscommunication imo, what will you guys be removing next? Loops? Instant Double?
DJ Barticus 6:05 PM - 25 August, 2012
i first used Livefeed on my sl-1 with a powerbook g4. imagine how much better sounding and stable it would be on a rane 62 with a core i5 macbook?

Livefeed was introduced ahead of it's time, but now it's time has come. please bring it back.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:34 PM - 26 August, 2012
IAMVJBLAZE,

Please don't think that I don't take this request seriously because I put a sad face. I was trying to be informative as possible regarding why this feature was removed.

I can completely understand how sad it can be for you guys that the live feed feature has been removed.

Unfortunately I truly have no power, or lead the decision to re-implement such a feature. I have made our Product Team aware of this thread, so they will be reading what you say. This is important because the more people that are vocal about this feature not currently in the software, the more likely they will listen.
djstingray 2:12 AM - 27 August, 2012
It's not just sad. I feel this is a bait and switch. I need this. I sold a perfectly good perfect condition 57 to 'upgrade' to a 62. By chance do you guys have any new 57 still in stock so I can go back?
IAMVJBLAZE 1:22 AM - 28 August, 2012
Martin,

thanks for the clarification. Please have your Product Team follow this as well.

www.change.org via @change
SUBSTANCE 12:00 AM - 4 September, 2012
The confusing thing is that I have two 62's at home - but I can't use Livefeed.
But when I go to do a radio show on an SL4 (and a pioneer mixer) - I get the option to use a variety of Livefeed files...

Why can't the SL4 Livefeed files be implemented on the 62?

It's actually annoying that it's available on some devices still. If you're a travelling DJ, you can't reliably work any Livefeed stuff into your set becuase venues have a variety of SL boxes to choose from.

Also because Livefeed never really had a defined purpose, if any of us have found a way to use it effectively, let us go for it. Let's not forget, there was a competition for creative uses of Livefeed when it was first released because Serato wanted to see what was possible. (I think it was won by someone using a chainsaw lol)

Lots of people don't use the SP-6, or video, or The Bridge - which is why they are optional. Livefeed could be too.
SUBSTANCE 12:09 AM - 4 September, 2012
I really just want that gated microphone Livefeed available on the 62!
djstingray 8:51 PM - 28 September, 2012
It really is too cool and amazing of a feature to just leave. It's almost like they went out of their way to remove it.

If you want more live bands to use your product, I say put it back in ASAP.

Any news? Have we made enough noise? I hope so!
DJ Barticus 9:43 PM - 28 September, 2012
i just started doing shows with live drums, livefeed would be the solution to all of our problems
IAMVJBLAZE 10:02 PM - 28 September, 2012
djstingray 7:27 AM - 10 October, 2012
@IAMVJBLAZE thank you for putting that up!
WarpNote 7:52 AM - 10 October, 2012
@IAMVJBLAZE
Signed.
IAMVJBLAZE 11:07 PM - 10 October, 2012
MORE SIGNATURES PLEASE !!
Res-Q 4:30 AM - 11 October, 2012
+1
BERTO 6:59 PM - 13 October, 2012
+1 for the people that lost the feature
DJ'Que 6:17 PM - 14 October, 2012
I can see why they took it down because it was not talked about much on here. But like ME they made that petition and fit out back.

I also noticed that the 62 don't have the reverse feature on the mixer like the 57 did.

But I just had to make a detour and midi it in.
DJ'Que 6:17 PM - 14 October, 2012
+1 for livefeed
Res-Q 1:02 AM - 15 October, 2012
imo no one talks about it because it works.
or rather, it used to work
djstingray 7:14 AM - 16 December, 2012
Sorry, I gotta bump this. Still very important feature that I was using and still need in a future. Amazing feature, extremely cool, please go back to supporting it!!
PorkyG 10:22 AM - 28 December, 2012
Wow, this actually put me on the fence about buying a Sixty-Two and I had just convinced the wife that I needed a new toy come income tax returns. I'll sign the petition because I don't think I'll buy one now which is disheartening to me because the mixer seems fantastic but that is a key feature that I cherish on my SL4.
frozen 6:25 PM - 28 December, 2012
Use this feature ALL the time on my SL3 and I'm planning to upgrade to a 62 soon, but I'll wait it out until this gets sorted
Dj Ace 1:48 AM - 4 January, 2013
I use this feature to mix from iPods etc live at gigs...it was a very important part of my show
djstingray 5:38 AM - 31 January, 2013
Any news? I use this for inserting skratch beat loops from Flash loopers then I have vinyl control over the beat, among other things. Bring this back please!
djstingray 7:07 PM - 11 February, 2013
No news? Okay, I guess I should give up. But can an moderator at least tell me if the 57sl still supports it?
SUBSTANCE 9:36 PM - 11 February, 2013
Humpty Bump
Dazel 11:56 PM - 11 February, 2013
Quote:
No news? Okay, I guess I should give up. But can an moderator at least tell me if the 57sl still supports it?

Probably, but you got to use an older version of ssl
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:36 AM - 12 February, 2013
Quote:

Livefeed is still working for the TTM 57SL in Scratch Live 2.4.3.
djstingray 4:47 AM - 14 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Livefeed is still working for the TTM 57SL in Scratch Live 2.4.3.

I sold basically a brand new, super babied, perfect 57 to upgrade to this one. I would love another 57 but only if I could buy one new in it's packaging direct from Rane. Can you see what you can do for me? Let's fix this feeling of being baited and switched, it isn't really a good one. =(
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:51 PM - 15 February, 2013
We (Rane) do not have anymore 57s in stock nor could we sell direct if we did.
AlphaTrion 3:21 PM - 8 March, 2013
Signed the petition and here's what I wrote as a comment:

I never used the live feed feature because I didn't have a way to implement it well with my old SL1 and mixer combo. I was excited to experiment with it when I got my 62 and was very disappointed to see that it was taken away. I'm happy with the features the mixer has but am astounded at how features like this and full midi mapping capabilities are locked. I paid a premium price for a product and I'm prevented from using it as creatively as I'd like in order to compete with Traktor and other digital DJ options. I've spent a long time with serato and would hate to switch due to its limitations.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:41 PM - 8 March, 2013
Hey AlphaTron,

I am sorry you feel disappointed about not being able to use Livefeed. However, you are able to MIDI map your Sixty-Two, check this article out: serato.com
Culprit 6:12 AM - 8 May, 2013
+1, please add live feed
SirForce 2:55 AM - 10 May, 2013
+1, please add live feed for the Rane 62 ... (pretty please)
nik39 6:25 AM - 12 May, 2013
Quote:
Hey AlphaTron,

I am sorry you feel disappointed about not being able to use Livefeed. However, you are able to MIDI map your Sixty-Two, check this article out: serato.com

Hey Martin,

I think he means not being able to use Midi with the mixer in combination with another software when SL is running it's a shame that in 201e we're still not able to do this and that SL "steals" the midi ports. :(
Res-Q 4:55 PM - 13 May, 2013
Serato HQ is there any chance we will see live feed added back or is it hopeless now?
5:18 PM, 13 May 2013
Discussion moved to Scratch Live Feature Suggestions
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:18 PM - 13 May, 2013
Hey guys... this, as you know, would need to be implemented in the software.
Since this section of the forum is for Rane mixers you aren't going to see the Serato staff in here. This topic may be better suited for the Feature suggestion section.
I'm going to move it there.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:57 AM - 14 May, 2013
Thanks Zach :)

Hey Res-Q, our product team have their eye on the petition, but still no plans to bring it back at this stage im afraid.

Quote:
I think he means not being able to use Midi with the mixer in combination with another software when SL is running it's a shame that in 201e we're still not able to do this and that SL "steals" the midi ports. :(

Woops, I think you might be right.
J.J. 5:06 PM - 24 May, 2013
Quote:
Thanks Zach :)

Hey Res-Q, our product team have their eye on the petition, but still no plans to bring it back at this stage im afraid.

?...but still plans?

Got the 62, hooked up a mic and looked for LiveFeed... for an hour.
DJFunk 7:32 AM - 14 June, 2013
You have my vote. All along I thought I still had it until I really needed it this past weekend. I talked up livefeed like it was the greatest thing since slice bread and I felt like a idiot when I couldn't find it in my library. The artist I was talking to felt like I just blew smoke up his @#%. So embarrassing..... Please bring it back in the next update. I do have a use for it now.
djstingray 11:14 PM - 29 August, 2013
@admins

Okay, the time has come, I am now putting my perfectly good 62 for sale in order to go back to the 57 in order to get Livefeed working again.

Before I do this, any news of an update for the 62? Does it matter which firmware the 57 has, right? I can always downgrade firmware/scratch live to get Livefeed on any 57, right?

I just want to know that Livefeed will always work on my 57 if I buy another one. I've been duped before... =\
Res-Q 6:05 AM - 30 August, 2013
Sad to read this stingray. too bad its a serato issue, rane probably asked them for it already.
I'm not reallly surprised that this feature gets no love, and that not more people complain about serato removing it from the software in the first place. Its so simple and yet such a revolutionary idea, yet I've only seen a handfull of djs using it.
I thought technology was about improving and adding; not removing.

Serato HQ I could careless that you are adding new stuff like autosync and stuff like that, bring back livefeed or tell us that its gone for ever, but tell us something please
Res-Q 6:06 AM - 30 August, 2013
Sad to read this stingray. too bad its a serato issue, rane probably asked them for it already.
I'm not reallly surprised that this feature gets no love, and that not more people complain about serato removing it from the software in the first place. Its so simple and yet such a revolutionary idea, yet I've only seen a handfull of djs using it.

Serato HQ I could careless that you are adding new stuff like autosync and stuff like that, bring back livefeed or tell us that its gone for ever, but tell us something please
Res-Q 6:06 AM - 30 August, 2013

Res-Q 6:07 AM - 30 August, 2013
waoh tripple post, that must be a sign of the gods lol
my bad, on a slow connection in africa
djstingray 1:10 AM - 5 September, 2013
@admins LOOKS AT MY LAST POST.

Are you SERIOUS? You didn't answer me and you KNEW that selling my 62 for a 57 would be a bad idea? WOW. Just wow.
nik39 1:12 AM - 5 September, 2013
Why? Your Scratch Live is working great and you got your live feed back.
djstingray 1:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
SL/SL-1/TTM57 will be unsupported after 2015.

I didn't sell it, but angry as hell they didn't let me know.

Watchwww.youtube.com
nik39 1:43 AM - 5 September, 2013
No, SL1+57 will still work with Scratch Live.
SUBSTANCE 2:55 AM - 7 September, 2013
Still want this. Just got asked by a DJ recording a mix tape if they can "record myself saying my DJ name & cut it up".
It's kinda silly that my Rane 62's can't do that & I have to pull the old SL1 off the shelf.
Also, any time you have anyone making an announcement on the mic - it kills when you can cut them up after. DJ'd a school disco and scratched up the Principal which the kids loved.
Culprit 10:04 AM - 7 September, 2013
bridge has been officially canned
WarpNote 11:57 AM - 7 September, 2013
Livefeed, bridge, ME....
djstingray 7:45 AM - 31 October, 2013
RIP Livefeed. One of the coolest features ever on a DVS. Was fun while it lasted. I might be able to do it with Ableton and Pink. Just bypass serato alltogether. Get to use my old analog mixer again. Should be a refreshing change.
BBN 9:59 AM - 1 November, 2013
So at least bring back Live Feed in Serato DJ in February.
Vtron_Dirrty_Dirrty 4:58 PM - 27 August, 2014
REEeEeAAaaLLy disappointed to hear this feature is gone. What I'm reading here is that features only exist if they help the bottom line (aka profit) for Serato. It's too bad because all the great possibilities that the future users will bring to this technology are now stunted because they'll never have this jump off point. DJ's are notoriously lazy and have a hard time letting go of old ways and pushing the limits…so of course the majority of Serato users aren't using these kinds of features…Only the few true musicians/remixers/live performers (just spinning records isn't a live performance, sorry guys) will be using this stuff. I guess I'm not surprised to hear this news, just disappointed. Looks like I'll be dusting off my old TTM57 and look for the old version of SSL to get the job done. I'm rocking with an amazing band from Chicago (House Of Whales) this month as they tour the San Francisco Bay Area….and this will not stop me!!!
Culprit 6:45 PM - 27 August, 2014
Quote:
REEeEeAAaaLLy disappointed to hear this feature is gone. What I'm reading here is that features only exist if they help the bottom line (aka profit) for Serato. It's too bad because all the great possibilities that the future users will bring to this technology are now stunted because they'll never have this jump off point. DJ's are notoriously lazy and have a hard time letting go of old ways and pushing the limits…so of course the majority of Serato users aren't using these kinds of features…Only the few true musicians/remixers/live performers (just spinning records isn't a live performance, sorry guys) will be using this stuff. I guess I'm not surprised to hear this news, just disappointed. Looks like I'll be dusting off my old TTM57 and look for the old version of SSL to get the job done. I'm rocking with an amazing band from Chicago (House Of Whales) this month as they tour the San Francisco Bay Area….and this will not stop me!!!

it's just business at the end of the day brother, don't take it too personally. The controller market is the future, and the mixer based users will have to take a backseat to the company they helped make a standard in the united states. This could all be solved by making this a payable plugin, along with mixtape als feature. I am in no way being bitter about it, I am just stating the facts.
BBN 7:09 PM - 27 August, 2014
This would be a nice Expansion Pack Feature to pay for, like FX, Flip or Pitch'n'Time.
Culprit 3:17 AM - 28 August, 2014
a dvs expansion pack for turntableist which includes mixtape als output, flip, live feed.
Res-Q 10:06 AM - 16 September, 2014
Bump!
I miss this feature the most :(
adb3 4:03 AM - 2 December, 2015
Quote:
This would be a nice Expansion Pack Feature to pay for, like FX, Flip or Pitch'n'Time.

LiveFeed Expansion Pack $10
Culprit 4:21 AM - 2 December, 2015
Echo... yep its dead
grazzhoppa 2:22 PM - 25 August, 2016
a bit late with this but just found out 62 don't have LIVEFEED
this really messes me up since i was using it a lot on my 57 with Jazzmusicians.
i would get the signal from the guitar and mess with it while he's playin and then loop that with the loopstation and build, this is a step back imo, just because not everybody uses it Serato decided to take it away , i don't get it. this was a mayor function for me.
looks like i'm still gonna have to use that 57 instead of 62 for some gigs . GUTTED.
this was one of the things that was innovative with this whole thing, i been using it since the SL1 so why take it away now?
Peace
Grazz
Res-Q 3:40 PM - 28 August, 2016
i agree, this was such a great groundbreaking feature with ScratchLive, I miss those days...
BBN 8:03 PM - 28 August, 2016
Live Feed has been super dope. Had a lot of fun with it.

Let's wait an see if the Roland collabo and improved sampler will bring something to the table soon.
AKIEM 8:44 PM - 28 August, 2016
Finally have some things I want to try with it - but of course its gone.
:/