Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

The Amazing Vanishing tracks..

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Rebelguy 12:40 AM - 8 November, 2005
Alright Folks...

Here is an interesting one. I have around 12 instrumentals I loaded into Serato last week. I went to my club on Friday and for some reason they were not showing up in my Instrumentals crate. No biggie...just let it go and chalked it up as me being forgetful and not importing them. Saturday I made sure I imported the tracks and went to the club. Once again the tracks had vanished. I did a search in Serato and the songs were there but not where I had put them. Sunday I dragged them into the Instrumental Crate again. When I went to mix at the station today the songs had disappeared again. Anyone got any ideas on this one? Oh...all overviews have been built.

Rebelguy
djxatl 1:30 AM - 8 November, 2005
are you importing it from like an external hard drive? because simply importing them doesnt copy them onto your hard drive
Rebelguy 4:05 PM - 8 November, 2005
My laptop has two internal drives. The tracks have been copied over to this internal drive. As I stated in my original e-mail, you can search for the tracks within Serato and they are there, but they are not in the crate which I have assigned them to.
nobspangle 10:01 PM - 8 November, 2005
Make sure you can write to the root of the drive containing the music files.