Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

AUTO-GAIN is not working after fresh Windows install in my notebook.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
RodrigoVolta 3:05 PM - 20 July, 2012
Hello.

After fresh Windows 7 installation, I've noticed that AUTO-GAIN is not working. I've checked AUTO-GAIN in SETUP and nothing is happen. I've checked ALL gain values, but not change in sound outputs. Is same with AUTO-GAIN disabled!!

I've tested in my desktop PC and is working fine.

I've removed ITCH, clean Serato keys in Windows Registry, but is not working yet. My notebook is fully configured for DJing. Never happen this before!

Somebody can help me, please?

Thanks!
RodrigoVolta 4:25 PM - 20 July, 2012
Hello guys!

I have been observing my music library and I've noticed a problem in the database. I rebuilt my entire database, following the steps of the site and have analyzed at all my songs again with ITCH. The AUTO-GAIN back to work again! I could only find that out because I've copied the songs that were on my notebook and put some on my desktop and have checked that the AUTO-GAIN did not work on these songs. Then I got the songs that were on my desktop and put it in my notebook and AUTO-GAIN back to work! I analize all songs with ITCH again and AUTO-GAIN back to work!

Well, in my opinion, I think that the AUTO-GAIN is very limited, since it depends 100% on track to be fully analyzed with ITCH. It's not like he VDJ or Traktor adjusts the gain without analyzing the music beforehand.

Anyway, I do not use this function, since it is not 100% reliable.

Cheers!
Serato, Support
David Wood 12:51 AM - 23 July, 2012
Hey RodrigoVolta,

Sounds like you figured it out yourself. You make some good points about the why it works. However analyzing the files to get the best result for auto gain is the way i believe our system works. Not sure if that will change. Glad you figured it out though.

Regards
Dave W
RodrigoVolta 9:24 PM - 1 August, 2012
Yes, have confirmed!

To AUTO-GAIN work fine, all songs should be analyzed with ITCH BEFORE use it.
Otherwise, AUTO-GAIN not work!!

:-)
RodrigoVolta 4:33 PM - 29 September, 2012
Hello!

Even after upgrading to version 2.2.2 solves the problem in which the AUTO-GAIN, still not working. Even after reviewing all my songs, the AUTO-GAIN does not work. It only works once after analyzing songs. After closing the open ITCH and again, no longer works. I do not know what else to do! I have the ITCH installed on two computers and both the AUTO-GAIN does not work! Even in songs recently added, does not work!

I'm leaving it off, since it has no usefulness!

I thought back to re-examine the songs he would return to work, but is not resolving.

Any suggestions?
Serato, Support
David Wood 11:05 PM - 30 September, 2012
I can't reproduce this on my Mac. It works fine, i've tested it four times this morning. Even on reboot. Not sure why that is happening to you on more than one computer. Could you send me a few of the tracks in question?

Regards
Dave W
1:05 PM, 1 Oct 2012
RodrigoVolta attached a file: Music_tests.zip
Download· Permalink
RodrigoVolta 1:12 PM - 1 October, 2012
Quote:
I can't reproduce this on my Mac. It works fine, i've tested it four times this morning. Even on reboot. Not sure why that is happening to you on more than one computer. Could you send me a few of the tracks in question?

Regards
Dave W

Hello, Dave!

Do a test for me, please: analyze some songs WITHOUT AUTO-BPM to see if the AUTO-GAIN works. I did a test here and realized that some songs, the songs that I analyzed WITHOUT THE OPTION AUTO-BPM, AUTO-GAIN did not work and that was analyzed with the AUTO-BPM enabled, it worked!

See attached 4 songs in my collection which are not working with the 'AUTO BPM':

The music titled 'Aquanote - Waiting' was analyzed with AUTO-BPM actived and AUTO-GAIN is working fine with it. All others 3 musics was analyzed with AUTO-BPM DESACTIVED and AUTO-GAIN is not working appropriately.

Cheer!
RodrigoVolta 1:23 PM - 1 October, 2012
What is the relationship between the function AUTO-BPM and AUTO-GAIN? Necessarily, this option must be enabled for the AUTO-GAIN work? I might even leave it enabled, but the AUTO-BPM of ITCH is not accurate and in some songs, it does not detect correctly. A bug already reported to staff for over a year and so far, nothing has been done! Every time I need to use a third party software to do what the ITCH should do accurately. Now, for the AUTO-GAIN worked, it would be necessary that the AUTO-BPM was activated and was applied in the songs, really gonna be a problem!

I use MIXED IN KEY to analyze the BPM and KEY of the musics and they are already imported into the ITCH library this way. So, do not think that need to analyze the BPM again, since the algorithm ITCH is problematic, and MIK calculates correctly.

If, for the AUTO-GAIN act implies that the AUTO BPM is applied to the songs, surely this is a bug and should be reviewed and fixed!

Thanks!
RodrigoVolta 10:23 PM - 1 October, 2012
Somebody to help?

I did a other test:

- If any song is analyzed with some third part software (like MixMeizter BPM Analyzer or MIK), ITCH do not recognizes AUTO-GAIN in ID3-Tag anymore! To recognize, the song should be analyzed with AUTO-BPM parameter ENABLED!!

Hey Staff, sorry, but it is a BUG software!! Or Serato AUTO-GAIN is very fragile or very ridiculous!!
It's a trouble! How can I use AUTO-GAIN if it implies in I use AUTO-BPM? BPM detection of ITCH is very poor!
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:47 AM - 2 October, 2012
I've tested and see this is still an issue. Unsure why it is still a factor as it was supposed to be fixed in the latest release. I'll log it again with this new information. Thanks for making us aware of it.

Regards
Dave W
RodrigoVolta 1:52 AM - 2 October, 2012
Quote:
I've tested and see this is still an issue. Unsure why it is still a factor as it was supposed to be fixed in the latest release. I'll log it again with this new information. Thanks for making us aware of it.

Regards
Dave W

Thanks for feedback, Dave!

Please, see with programmers if in next release of ITCH this bug will be fixed.
It is very important!

Cheer!
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:09 AM - 2 October, 2012
It's logged bud, I'll close this thread for now, feel free to reopen if you need too :)

Regards
Dave W