Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add Beat-Jump

Manlightman 9:57 AM - 17 July, 2012
This is something i loved in Traktor, being able to jump one or more bars forward and backward, cause sometimes i find myself playing a track and recognising that the producer filled in one bar extra, but that might not fit together with the song i'm mixing in, so i'd just like a beat jump by one bar

greets
Dj Gimmo 3:30 PM - 16 August, 2012
i second that ! thanks
k_one 11:03 AM - 18 August, 2012
+1
I use this feature in VDJ all the time. It's great to be able to fast forward/backwards on beat.
It makes you able to mash up the track and make your own version or live remix.
Seeing that "beat skip" is already implemented in ITCH I don't think it would take to much of an effort to accomplish this.
I do think that the "jump-length" should be selectable though, anything from 1/2-beat to 32 or 64 beats.
Johann Franz 9:48 PM - 14 September, 2012
Of course, beat jump for serato scratch live please!!!
J.J. 10:00 PM - 14 September, 2012
serato.com

Top 10 Reasons to add Beat Jump
1. Easily and seamlessly Jump around a song to listen to it. Break down a new track.
2. It's a dream come true for anyone setting Cue points. While paused at the first beat, you can jump 16 or 32 beats forward to create your second Cue point when the chorus/song starts.
3. Need to skip a verse, hit 32 Beat Jump a couple times to seamlessly skip it.
4. Effects: While playing, Skip forward 4 beats, then back 4 beats. Repeat to remix a track.
5. Effects: While playing, Skip backward 1 beat three times, then forward one time (all to the beat of the music). It's like a repeater/echo and it sounds sick.
6. The high pitched sound of holding down forward/backward is loud and annoying and hurts your ears. (I'm not talking about backspins)
7. Need to skip a curse word or phrase? Beat Jump is a real-time SPLICE serato.com
8. Forget to set a loop, no problem. Beat Jump 8/16 bars back and set a loop. Maybe you just need to loop an area 4 times. Instead of setting a loop and exiting, just use Beat Jump backwards until your ready to release.
9. You really hate a song but everyone is requesting it? After the first verse, Beat Jump 32 beats forward a few times to skip to the outro and mix another song.
10. Tell Traktor users: "Yeah, we got that"
Manlightman 8:27 AM - 15 September, 2012
Quote:
serato.com

Top 10 Reasons to add Beat Jump
1. Easily and seamlessly Jump around a song to listen to it. Break down a new track.
2. It's a dream come true for anyone setting Cue points. While paused at the first beat, you can jump 16 or 32 beats forward to create your second Cue point when the chorus/song starts.
3. Need to skip a verse, hit 32 Beat Jump a couple times to seamlessly skip it.
4. Effects: While playing, Skip forward 4 beats, then back 4 beats. Repeat to remix a track.
5. Effects: While playing, Skip backward 1 beat three times, then forward one time (all to the beat of the music). It's like a repeater/echo and it sounds sick.
6. The high pitched sound of holding down forward/backward is loud and annoying and hurts your ears. (I'm not talking about backspins)
7. Need to skip a curse word or phrase? Beat Jump is a real-time SPLICE serato.com
8. Forget to set a loop, no problem. Beat Jump 8/16 bars back and set a loop. Maybe you just need to loop an area 4 times. Instead of setting a loop and exiting, just use Beat Jump backwards until your ready to release.
9. You really hate a song but everyone is requesting it? After the first verse, Beat Jump 32 beats forward a few times to skip to the outro and mix another song.
10. Tell Traktor users: "Yeah, we got that"

WORD!!!
chokidj 1:41 PM - 30 November, 2012
+1000
ericofaustin 9:39 PM - 30 November, 2012
+1
Ross_IRL 9:57 PM - 21 December, 2012
+1
deepdjdanny 2:10 AM - 4 January, 2013
+1000