Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

2- deck mode with 4 ch controller

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
spliffstarz 4:43 PM - 12 July, 2012
Please Serato, we ALL if not MOST of us NS6 users are requesting this feature to have a 2 virtual deck mode. I had a hard time the other night browsing tracks and using effects because it simply takes up to much of the GUI real estate...I understand if we wanted a 2 channel deck there's the NS7...but most of us bought the 4-ch controller because of the ability to hook up lines 3-4 for external use remotely without dependency of the software, not because we are 4 channel DJ's. Please take this off the wish list and please prioritize and implement this feature for us...even if its a update for just us NS6 users (I.E. Version 2.2.4 for NUMARK NS6). As you are aware there are a lot of complaints about bugs and other things that we post about everyday and I respect your effort to please the community, but this has been the NS6's community biggest concern. If we are allowed a poll, how much votes would you need to actually need to make it priority, because I'm sure we will surpass that requirement. Please and Thanks Serato team.

Here's my advise/$0.02.

When lines 3/4 are in LINE/MIC and not in PC. Instead of saying THRU, just disable the virtual decks.

-OR-

Simply have it as another skin view selection. Like a 4/2 deck toggle.
spliffstarz 4:47 PM - 12 July, 2012
P.S I'm sorry for bombarding this Forum, but it IS the place for our voices to be heard. I don't mean any spamming or flooding the board with redundant complaints, but it is MY complaint and this is the place where I feel I can be heard. Once again Please and Thanks.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:21 AM - 13 July, 2012
Hi Spliffstarz,

We have had multiple people complain/request this feature, so don't worry, we are all aware of it. The reason that the 4 channels show up when you plug in the NS6 is because 4 channels are always available on the controller, so since ITCH bases its interface off what controller you plug in, you will always have the 4 decks active.

If you just had two decks active, and you pressed the "Layer" button on the NS6, then ITCH wouldn't be able to keep the two decks active while your controller is on another layer and might cause it to crash. We don't want this to happen.

Unfortunately Its not something we can just "switch off" because the ITCH code is based off what controller you have connected. Changing this would mean re-writing a lot of the ITCH code, which is not exactly a priority for us at this time.

I appreciate your feedback, and yes we are all aware of users wanting this feature, so we are working on implementing that into a future release, but at the moment I have no information as to when or if this feature will be implemented soon. I know it can be frustrating, but this is just how ITCH works at the moment.

Cheers :)
spliffstarz 2:08 AM - 14 July, 2012
Ok, I understand. Thanks Scott S.
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:23 PM - 15 July, 2012
No problem :)
signs 2:21 PM - 16 July, 2012
I think Serato is going to do this a bit to Complicated. Nobody say's that the 2 other deck's have to be completely disabled. That would be the false Direction.
It would be fine if they aren't visible any more. I don't think you will have to rewrite that much for such a Feature.
There might be People who want to use Deck 3 & 4 also when they are not Displayed.

Of course something like this would be great:
www.sincue.de
www.sincue.de

But only seeing two Controllers would be the best! That can't be that hard to do, even when we know that 2-Deck View works when e.g.VCI-300 is conected to the PC, too.

Don't make it that complicated. Just listen to the Community.Thanks.

Cheerz
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:10 PM - 16 July, 2012
Thanks for your feedback signs,

I will send those screenshots to the development team to see if there is anything we could do about this 2-deck view. As I said before we are all aware of this and we are working hard to bring out a fix for this issue soon however I am unable to give a timeframe as to when this will be addressed.

Spliffstarz I will close this thread for now, but feel free to open it back up if you have any other issues.

Take care,
Scott