Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video Compatible Video Card

Marcov 9:17 PM - 4 July, 2012
Hello,

My friend just bought a new laptop which has a video card that is only 512Mb (the card is not Intel) will it work with Serato Video?

Thank you!
Code:E 9:51 PM - 4 July, 2012
Buy a mac.

As long as its not intel it "might" work. Download the demo and try it out.
Marcov 10:25 PM - 4 July, 2012
Yeah, I have a Mac and Love it. This friend of mine is buying a pc due to compatibility issues and wants to make sure that the video will whorl with a 512 card.

Thank you Code:E
Code:E 11:24 PM - 4 July, 2012
There's is no way to tell until you try the demo out. So do that and if it works great if not. Tell your buddy to buy a mac, install boot camp and run windows on it. Then everyone wins
skinnyguy 11:41 PM - 4 July, 2012
he wants to make sure serato video will work? get a mac.

getting a pc will def give compatibility issues with serato video....unless he's one of the lucky 0.5%
Marcov 12:20 AM - 5 July, 2012
ouch! Will do thx!
tomatoslice 4:07 AM - 5 July, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, I have a Mac and Love it. This friend of mine is buying a pc due to compatibility issues and wants to make sure that the video will whorl with a 512 card.

pc...
with sv at least he has a better chance than vsl.

it's a toss up.
luck of the draw.
DJMark 5:13 AM - 5 July, 2012
Quote:

What "compatibility issues"?

The big "compatibility issue" is that there's no way to guarantee any particular "spec" will work for VSL/SV on a Windows PC.

There's a huge element of random luck, a big part of it being the infinite number of variations in parts, their drivers, and all resulting interactions.

Seriously, the "safe" answer really is to get a Mac (one with a "real" GPU, amount of RAM relatively unimportant as long as it's an actual GPU with dedicated RAM of its own).

Windows runs really well on a Mac. Best Windows laptop I've ever used: 17-inch MacBook Pro. Seriously.
Code:E 5:18 AM - 5 July, 2012
Has anyone run Serato and Serato video on the Windows os on there mac? I have heard of it, but i would like to confirm it so we all know we are giving out correct information.
skinnyguy 10:34 AM - 5 July, 2012
pretty sure someone did.

it really is the OS. SV/VSL just runs smoother on the mac platform.
Code:E 7:26 PM - 5 July, 2012
oh i'm sure it runs smoother on a mac. I sold my PC laptop and bought a mac because it works better.

But i'm wondering if the hardware inside the mac is truly "guaranteed" to work or if the OS is playing a much larger roll than serato wants to admit.

If its truly a Hardware thing than VSL / SV should run fine on windows inside a mac computer. I have just not bothered to install it and use up my second authorization of Serato Video on the same computer.
skinnyguy 7:32 PM - 5 July, 2012
it runs better even on hackintosh's. it's the os.
djFX3O3 1:49 AM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:
he wants to make sure serato video will work? get a mac.

getting a pc will def give compatibility issues with serato video....unless he's one of the lucky 0.5%

LOL RIGHT!
pdidy 3:53 AM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:
Has anyone run Serato and Serato video on the Windows os on there mac? I have heard of it, but i would like to confirm it so we all know we are giving out correct information.

Quote:
pretty sure someone did.

it really is the OS. SV/VSL just runs smoother on the mac platform.

my MACs have windows7 and XP installed using bootcamp. I test and tweak them regularly but I have never been able to make it preform anywhere near as well as mac os. To be honest it just runs shitty on windows. I've been testing video on macs running windows os since video was introduced and will continue till I can make it work....... I refuse to be beaten...lol
Marcov 1:50 PM - 6 July, 2012
Thanks everyone for all the info.

Have a great day!
pdidy 4:31 PM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:
oh i'm sure it runs smoother on a mac. I sold my PC laptop and bought a mac because it works better.

But i'm wondering if the hardware inside the mac is truly "guaranteed" to work or if the OS is playing a much larger roll than serato wants to admit.

If its truly a Hardware thing than VSL / SV should run fine on windows inside a mac computer. I have just not bothered to install it and use up my second authorization of Serato Video on the same computer.

Dont waste your time, its DEFINITELY the OS that makes the difference. Same machine, same specs so the OS is the only issue.
Culprit 11:58 AM - 8 July, 2012
yep the os ay