DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Year's Eve Midnight Song??

Rebelguy 4:50 AM - 3 November, 2005
Well I know it's a little early but the recent post of the Thriller remix right before Halloween got me thinking about New Year's Eve. Do most of you stick to traditional classics or just play the hottest song at the time when midnight strikes? What are your classic New Year's Eve songs?

Chris
Robinson 7:03 AM - 3 November, 2005
What I usually do is... I'll make a 15 minute track starting with the origional Auld Lang Syne, mixing into the Boney M Version.. from there I will add another track or 2... Usually 2 good newer tracks that will pump up the crowd. At midnight I'll cover all the gear with garbage bags (to protect from champaign)and play the 15 minute track from the beginning... From there I have enuff time to take the cordless MIC and cruse around the bar... Toast the champaign, kiss the girls and get back to the booth...
JohnDP1 5:11 PM - 3 November, 2005
i usually play "I Got So Much Love To Give" from Together aka Thomas Bangalter and DJ Falcon. Just amazing!
boabmatic 5:21 PM - 3 November, 2005
best new year eve track ever was Prince '1999' although you'll have to back in time to 1998 to get the full effect :)
DJ Silk 9:45 PM - 4 November, 2005
Whatever's hot! The club banger of the season is what I play.
DJ Irv 12:13 AM - 8 November, 2005
most people will be so drunk it might not matter. Prince 1999 was a winner until it turn 2000. Celebrate from Kool N' the Gang is always a winner or you can just play the new hotness.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:27 AM - 25 December, 2005
Bump

so what will be your new years First song?
artin (DJ D.I.S.) 9:49 AM - 25 December, 2005
1st Of The Month - Bone Thugz N Harmony :]
DJMark 2:50 PM - 25 December, 2005
I'm typically playing to a somewhat older crowd of fairly non-mainstream people. Last year I played Oingo Boingo "Wake Up it's 1984" followed with Stevie Wonder "Higher Ground". I've played both "Ain't No Stoppin Us Now" and "New Years Day" (U2) a few times in the past.
djkrayz 7:56 PM - 25 December, 2005
baha men - who let the fags out hahahahah jp
DJ Irv 1:22 AM - 26 December, 2005
i been using Celebrate from cool n' the gang for years. I know what you are thinking that is a gay ass song. You are right it can't get any cornier, but it always works.
djtonypsalms 10:02 PM - 27 December, 2005
@ 12Midnight, I usually have Guy Lombardo's "Ole Lang Syne" on deck!
Peeti-V 10:09 PM - 27 December, 2005
so is this for avalon
datamyte 5:37 AM - 28 December, 2005
dj shadow - midnight in a perfect world

for the hedz