Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

the music stops an sound very cut

Product
ITCH
Version
2.2.1 (Vestax VCI-380)
Hardware
Vestax VCI-380
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
skrachnbass 8:02 PM - 2 July, 2012
hello I have an odd thing with my vci 380. whenever I take about one and a half mixing the music stops and starts sounds very cut(I get cut signal in the vu meter) ,gradually begins to sound good but very distorted until finally sounds good...
skrachnbass 3:09 PM - 3 July, 2012
Someone can help me. I need to know if software or hardware problem I can't make live's with this huge failure
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:49 AM - 4 July, 2012
HI skrachnbass,

Is it happening with particular tracks? have you analysed your library and deleted corrupt files?
serato.com

Matt P
skrachnbass 7:23 AM - 4 July, 2012
hi matt. I think that happens with random tracks.Always analyze the tracks and delete the corrupt files. never occurred me with ssl...
Thanks for your time...
skrachnbass 10:38 PM - 13 July, 2012
some solution please???
skrachnbass 10:31 AM - 28 July, 2012
I need to know if software or hardware...I take it to repair???
gevola 12:52 PM - 28 July, 2012
Hi skrachnbass,
I had a similar issue.
two times .. at the beginning ( fortunatly I was at home )
the sound start storted .. and in 45 second sound become good.

The second time .. I was live .. and sounf start dirtorded ...
unfortunatly PANIC, I power-ed off/on the VCI and ITCH .. after that sound was again good.
So now I'm not sure if the problem was HW or SW

Then I tried agin the reproduce the bug .. but nothing ...
Quote:
Is it happening with particular tracks? have you analysed your library and deleted corrupt files?

Nothing special ... the same traks alway already played ...

Waiting for a Serato investigation, ( if they are able to replicate ) ...
If this problem happens again, we need to do the following think:
- change the buffer size ( latency )
- try power cycling the unit & if that doesn't work,
- leave the unit powered on and connected and just restart ITCH

if changing the buffer or power cycling the unit doesn't work then it's a bug in ITCH.
( NOTE: These suggestions came srom Serato Team )
skrachnbass 5:01 PM - 28 July, 2012
I try everything and nothing worksi but i observed is that the signal goes wrong in vumeter...different tracks crash,different buffer crash.power
cycling the unit is the only solution...
gevola 6:14 PM - 28 July, 2012
so you are able to replicate this issue ?

Quote:
i observed is that the signal goes wrong in vumeter
and at the same time the sound become distorted?

Quote:
different tracks crash,different buffer crash.power
cycling the unit is the only solution...
this is a good information ...
I hope Serato guys can give us more details.
skrachnbass 6:47 PM - 28 July, 2012
Quote:
yes when the music begins to recover from the crash, the signal in the leds also rises.
gevola 10:02 PM - 28 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
yes when the music begins to recover from the crash, the signal in the leds also rises.

do you have a sequence /step to replicate this issue ?
skrachnbass 10:10 PM - 28 July, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
and at the same time the sound become distorted? (without interrogant sorry)

do you have a sequence /step to replicate this issue ?

Sorry i have a bad englsh im from spain...i dont understand your question
gevola 10:23 PM - 28 July, 2012
you are able to replicate the problem?
Or this problem happened just one time and no more after ?

Because if you are able to replicate the problem you can do for the Serato guys more test.
skrachnbass 9:01 AM - 29 July, 2012
this ocurred several times...I hope the serato guys take this into account.Is the biggest bug!
Serato
Zeb 10:29 PM - 29 July, 2012
Hi skrachnbass,

Are you saying that this just happens randomly? or does this happen after a particular action, like loading a track to a deck?

Does this last for around a minute? & does power cycling the unit fix the issue?

Also, are you recording in ITCH at the time this occurs?

Thanks.
skrachnbass 8:27 AM - 30 July, 2012
Hi zeb!

Are you saying that this just happens randomly? or does this happen after a particular action, like loading a track to a deck?
Randoml

Does this last for around a minute? & does power cycling the unit fix the issue?
from the 30 minute approximately it can happen / yes

No recording
Serato
Zeb 10:51 PM - 1 August, 2012
Quote:
Hi zeb!

Randoml

from the 30 minute approximately it can happen / yes

No recording

Thanks for the feedback, we're going to look into a fix.

Cheers.
gevola 11:20 PM - 1 August, 2012
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, we're going to look into a fix.

Cheers.

Hi Zeb,
are you able to replicate this issue ?
Serato
Zeb 11:36 PM - 1 August, 2012
I have not reproduced this yet but I'm going to try & do so.
gevola 9:22 PM - 9 August, 2012
Hi skrachnbass, just to summarize ..
with your set-up the problem happens often ( after 3 minutes )
when the problem happens …
- you tried to change the latency
- tried to load a new track
but the problem ( low level and sound distorted ) remains ( BUT without crash )
right ?

then to solve the issue, you need to power off / power on the VCI, BUT leaving ITCH running.
right?

Please can you confirm if my sentence are correct ?
if not please update it.

just for test .. do you have anther USB cable, to replace the original one?
And moreover .. can you tell me with MBP do you have ?
skrachnbass 11:11 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
Hi skrachnbass, just to summarize ..
with your set-up the problem happens often ( after 3 minutes )
when the problem happens …
- you tried to change the latency
- tried to load a new track
but the problem ( low level and sound distorted ) remains ( BUT without crash )
right ?

then to solve the issue, you need to power off / power on the VCI, BUT leaving ITCH running.
right?

Please can you confirm if my sentence are correct ?
if not please update it.

just for test .. do you have anther USB cable, to replace the original one?
And moreover .. can you tell me with MBP do you have ?

hi gevola all is correct, i change the cable. MBP do you refear to laptop? i have macbook white 2.1ghz 2gb ram
Serato
Zeb 3:03 AM - 20 August, 2012
Hi skrachnbass,

do you use Serato Video?

If so do you link video files to audio files?

Also, do you disable wifi & bluetooth when you DJ?
skrachnbass 12:15 PM - 20 August, 2012
Hi zeb, i no use video, bluetooth and wifi disables.
Serato
Zeb 11:31 PM - 20 August, 2012
Hi skrachnbass,

unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this, so for now all we can really do is eliminate things as a possible cause until we narrow things down.

Is 2.2.1 the first version of ITCH you have used?

Do you keep your music library on an external hard drive or your computers internal hard drive?

Do you regularly repair your disk permissions?

I see on your profile page you have listed Scratch Live & the SL1 as products you use, do you still currently use this setup? Have you had any similar issues with this setup in the past?
skrachnbass 9:59 AM - 22 August, 2012
Hi Zeb!

Quote:
Hi skrachnbass,

unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this, so for now all we can really do is eliminate things as a possible cause until we narrow things down.

Is 2.2.1 the first version of ITCH you have used?
yes

Do you keep your music library on an external hard drive or your computers internal hard drive?
internal drive

Do you regularly repair your disk permissions?
i format my macbook when buying vci 380

I see on your profile page you have listed Scratch Live & the SL1 as products you use, do you still currently use this setup? Have you had any similar issues with this setup in the past?

No, never
skrachnbass 11:34 AM - 8 September, 2012
the beta 2.2.2.1.2 not solve this big problem.
BleepCore 7:12 PM - 23 September, 2012
I think I'm experiencing the same problem. I've played 2 gigs with the 380 and both times it happened (once per gig.) I didn't wait very long (15 seconds maybe) before unplugging/replugging the USB cable between computer and VCI, which fixed the problem. It seemed random, it didn't coincide with a track load or any feature use.

The sound becomes quiet and distorted, it sounds a similar to a bit crusher effect (I didn't use any effects all night during either gig, double-checked that FX were off when the problem happened).

Macbook 2.4Ghz c2d, 4GB of Ram, 500GB internal drive (no external drive used), all files analyzed/corrupt files removed, computer optimized per Serato's instructions (wifi adapter off, etc)...
BleepCore 7:17 PM - 23 September, 2012
forgot to add: OSX 10.6.8
skrachnbass 7:19 PM - 23 September, 2012
hi bleepcore!
You tried the last beta? it's possible solves this problem
BleepCore 7:23 PM - 23 September, 2012
Haven't tried beta yet, perhaps I will give it a try =)
XRM5 6:11 PM - 24 September, 2012
I have had this same problem, first with the 380 version of Itch, then with at least one of the betas.

I only play video files.

It strikes at random.

It sounds like the sort of granular bitcrushed sounds you get when messing with the buffer in a DAW, so maybe it's related to the buffer somehow? Though it's struck me at both short and long buffer settings.
skrachnbass 8:31 PM - 24 September, 2012
H XRM5 !!!
this problem don't have any relation with the buffer. It is possible that could be a hardware prolem. Whats your computer???
XRM5 4:11 AM - 25 September, 2012
I wasn't saying it had anything to do with buffer settings in Itch because it didn't seem to on my setup.

I'm just saying that the only time I've heard that kind of sound is in other software--when you're in a DAW like Live for instance and change the buffer size while tracks are going, the signal fries out and has to catch back up.
skrachnbass 7:30 AM - 25 September, 2012
Quote:
I wasn't saying it had anything to do with buffer settings in Itch because it didn't seem to on my setup.

I'm just saying that the only time I've heard that kind of sound is in other software--when you're in a DAW like Live for instance and change the buffer size while tracks are going, the signal fries out and has to catch back up.

Ok! sorry not understanding...
I'm refer vci-380 hardware not computer hardware.
prizo 3:50 PM - 8 October, 2012
I'm experiencing this as well. Happened twice on my gig yesterday, 3 times on sat. It sounds like i had braker or crusher effect on. Music cuts out for a second and makes wierd sound before it comes back to normal. This is whhy i hate itch! Never a dull moment with this program. The ssl mapper out yet?
XRM5 5:36 PM - 8 October, 2012
Now that Serato's pushing the "DJ" update and Pioneer controller, don't hold your breath.

From the looks of things, they're behind their deadline. You have to think the original plan would have been to have product to display @ the BPM show if they intend to ship in a month & a half, but they don't even have screenshots.

If Vestax was waiting on Serato for any help related to the mapping, count on this one working out more like "the Bridge for Itch," at least until next summer.
skrachnbass 8:32 PM - 8 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm experiencing this as well. Happened twice on my gig yesterday, 3 times on sat. It sounds like i had braker or crusher effect on. Music cuts out for a second and makes wierd sound before it comes back to normal. This is whhy i hate itch! Never a dull moment with this program. The ssl mapper out yet?

With 2.2.2?
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:59 AM - 25 October, 2012
Hi skrachnbass,

I believe your issue is related to the issue of users reporting random dropouts. Its almost impossible to diagnose this problem. We are unable to faithfully recreate this problem, therefore making it unable to identify the cause.
If there is any thing that you can think that will help us identify the cause. Please
Let us know

Matt P
4:00 AM, 8 Nov 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.