Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

My Denon DN HC1000 controller isn't working since I updated to 2.4.2.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Krak85 9:47 PM - 29 June, 2012
My Denon DN HC1000 controller isn't working since I updated to 2.4.2.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:53 AM - 2 July, 2012
Hi Krak85,

Does it still appear in the MIDI device list if you click on SETUP in Scratch Live, then go into the MIDI tab?

What was the previous version of Scratch Live you were on where you had it working correctly?
popnwave 5:17 AM - 3 July, 2012
Try a different MIDI channel, it helped me fix mine..

usa.d-mpro.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:06 AM - 3 July, 2012
Thanks for the advice popnwave, what MIDI channel did you have the device working on previously, and what did you change it to?
popnwave 12:34 PM - 3 July, 2012
Out of the box I think it comes on 1 which did not play nice with my DJM-800 (ie. not at all)... I ended up disconnecting everything trying channel 2. connecting everything else back up and hooking the HC1000 up last and haven't had a problem since.
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:37 PM - 3 July, 2012
Ah right, so it was a conflict with your DJM-800 because that is possibly set to channel 1 as default as well.

Definitely something worth considering in this scenario, thanks for that!
Krak85 11:07 PM - 13 July, 2012
how do i change the mid channel?
Thanks
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:31 PM - 13 July, 2012
Does it still appear in the MIDI device list if you click on SETUP in Scratch Live, then go into the MIDI tab?

What was the previous version of Scratch Live you were on where you had it working correctly?

According to the HC1000 manual:

Quote:
Number of the setting channels : 1 ~ 4 A channel setting method:

1. Push either button of FILES/BROWSE/HISTORY/PREPARE while pushing the SHIFT button and the MIDI channel is assigned. FILES=CH1, BROWSE=CH2, HISTORY=CH3, PREPARE=CH4.

2. When the MIDI channel is assigned, the CUE button of the same number as the assigned MIDI channel number turns on.

3.When release a SHIFT button, and them operation mode returns 3 to the normal mode.

www.dm-pro.eu

Let me know how you go :)
Krak85 10:52 AM - 25 July, 2012
Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting back. Iv got a new baby girl, so time on the serato forums is very limited. I sorted it out. it had nothing to do with the updates or anything like that. I was on the wrong Midi Channel the whole Time. I set it to Midi channel one and it all worked fine again. To say i feel like an idiot is an understatement :D
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:24 AM - 25 July, 2012
Credit due to popnwave for that suggestion! That is why I love these forums.

Congratulations on the baby, my friend!

I will close this thread now as fixed, but feel free to reopen if you ever need any other help :D
Krak85 11:30 AM - 25 July, 2012
Thanks Martin :D and everyone who helped with their advice. Go Serato.Woooo!!!! :P